Temp question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
So Guys, This guy who runs a hydro store and grows for his self told me that the plants will produce fatter and denser nugs if you keep the night temps warmer and the day temps cooler. He said to keep the nights warmer than the day temps. He said something about keeping the sugar activity very mobile. Anyone ever hear of this?

I am also having a hard time keeping my cabinets above 70*f even during the day. At night (for those on 12/12) the temps get down into the lower 60s to upper 50s. I am thinking about getting some heat mats to put under the tubs to keep the water temps up in mid 70s. Any suggestions or opinions? :)

Just a little extra info on my girls. They are in coco, in a sort of top feed/DWC setup. I try to maintain about 3 gallons of water in the 10gal totes. Here's a pic of the girls, just switched em to flower this week.

WRcab11-3-11.JPG

I am skeptical. There are a lot of myths, but this is one I have never heard. Unless someone can provide some kind of evidence to support their claims, I never pay much attention to it. If this was true, people would be writing this up on forums and everyone growing would know about it.

yeah, Goddess I think like you. If it is a good method more people would know and be talking about it.

Puffin, I will check that out. I was wondering if one of the seedling mats would work or not

Hey smoke, I was also thinking about the fish tank heater. The EZ-cloner actually comes with a nice completely submersible heater with an external controller, but I suspect that would be expensive to purchase by itself IDK. I may have to find some way of heating the cabinets enough that I can keep the girls a little warmer during dark time.

Thanks Guys :)

Latest posts

Back