temp.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highway

Reaction score
It seems that everyone has there own opinion on starting seeds,that's ok, but know one really talks about what is the ideal temp.for starting seeds.Any ideas?

placed on a propagation mat...72f...if ya soak first..I use luke warm water and let sit to room temps...i think it helps soften the shell...hope this helps

take care and be safe

Aloha Highway~
I am no expert but according to Mr. Cervantes, "cannabis seeds grow best @ 78 degrees F" (pg. 16 Med. Growers Bible). As 4u said also, "air temp btwn 72-74 degrees F, and a lil warmer for the soil at about 78-80 degrees F (pg. 19 MGB). Hope this helps GL and mucho green FEMALE mojo! :)

Like to put mine on wet papertowel between 2 plates and close to my rooms heater keepem nice and warm and keep yur towels damp. Be poppin everytime.

BWD

I am an old gieser and believe seeds grow best in soil, so I put my seeds in a paper cup full of soil, One seed to each cup, and just put it in my veg room where the temps are between 70 and 80 degrees F.

yeah, I do a one night soak in water in front of heater (kinda like BWD) or on a prop mat, then once they sink over night, plant them in either (thoroughly premoistened w/ straight water) blackgold soil or (new to me but now trying) MG Seed Starter (which seems to me to be working a lil better then the BG, thanks Hammy :) ). They then are put under 24/0 mh light. Exactly 5 daze later there's a lil youngin(s) poppin up her head(s) baskin under some 400w mh.

i like to do the 1 night soak as well..
then i plant straight into a small cup with some soil..

i leave about 1/2" of soil from top and after putting the seed in the cup i cover it with a peice of suran wrap... poke a few holes in it and place it in my veg room... which is generally nice n warm..between 72-75F...
once i see the lil gurl coming out i remove the suran and let her be...
LH

Thanks all,I think I cooked my last bunch of seeds, out of 20 only 5 sprouted,and those look like s--t.I used my veg. room, which runs around 80F, but placed a propragation mat under them,too much heat,I guess were not to old to learn, I had a senior moment.

Latest posts

Back