tempature and humidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

username812

Reaction score
the tempature in my grow box fluctuates between 75 and 85 the humidity is usually between 20 and 40, 1. is it ok for the tempature that much? 2. is the humidity high enough and 3. does the positioning on my thermometer make a difference?

i dont know about your humidity but 75-85 is pefect for marijuana growing

"Both excessively high and low temperatures can slow marijuana's rate of metabolism and growth. The plants function best in moderate temperatures - between 60 and 85 degrees. As more light is made available, the ideal temperature for normal plant growth increases. In high temperature and moderate light conditions, the plant's stems elongate. Strong light and low temperature conditions will decrease stem elongation. During periods of low light, sem elongation can be decreased by lowering the temperature." Thank you Mr. Ed Rosenthal

And humidity IMO best 60-80% veg, and no more then 30-40% for flowering.

any suggestions on how to raise the humidity without buying anything to expensive? its usually between 20% and 40%

username812 said:
any suggestions on how to raise the humidity without buying anything to expensive? its usually between 20% and 40%

What do you consider expensive? I would invest in a small humidifier if I were you. $20-30

well i was trying to not purchase anything, but i will look into that, any way to do it without spending any money?

put a bowl of water or a rag soked in water in your growroom also you can spary them a little to get some water in the air. heat + moister = humidity
good luck later man

i have a bowl of water, its not doing much though. good to know about the humidifier, thanks

username812 said:
i have a bowl of water, its not doing much though. good to know about the humidifier, thanks

yea a bowl oh h2o does not do much...I would look around and see what you can find..

am i going to have a problem if i dont get above 50% during veg?

username812 said:
am i going to have a problem if i dont get above 50% during veg?

I dont think that it will cause a "problem" its just about getting the most you can out of the plant.

,and dont go and buy a humidifer and will take water and energy from the plant slowly killing your plants
a humidifier can be a great asset. It will in no way harm or kill your plants, as long as it remains within the acceptable range.
I believe 40-60% is considered "ideal", but is acceptable outside of that range. For flowering, I recommend a lower rel. humidity.(20-30) It is believed drier conditions support more potency, and it will reduce the chanc of budrot.

ant advice on humidity level for drying?? im doing a hang and a bag dry-for the buds i hang im keeping in a airconditioned room-dark around 75 degrees-but i think its a little humid in there-whats the ideal reading??

Latest posts

Back