Temperature for drying your harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonp

Reaction score
I am a little confused about hanging my plants. I have dark closets for hanging my weed but they are not in heated rooms. I have one closet that might get to a low temperature of 55 degrees. I was going to use a dark bedroom because it would be dryer and warmer. The other question is about leaving the leaves on the plant. Which ones should stay on? I thinned my plants but I did not defoliate as I read cannabis needs the fan leaves while budding.

Start your humidity at 60% and let it slowly drop to 50% during hanging in a dark cool place. I like 60f but if it gets a bit cooler I don't see that as a problem.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Humidity is another incredibly important factor that can determine the success rate of your seeds.This obviously depends on your climate too, as there are places that have incredibly high humidity and others that are quite dry, which can directly impact how you have to store your seeds.Cannabis seeds can germinate with a RH of 40-60%, and humidity higher than that can actually drown them and kill them. However, humidity ranging from 9 – 20% may also cause a myriad of issues such as insects, fungi, and even seed sweating due to excessive heat. The ideal humidity range in which to store your seeds is between 20 to 30% RH.

Latest posts

Back