Temperature problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High how are you

Reaction score
Hello everyone hope everyone is having a great grow experience !!

Here in the picture below I have 8 strains all different ones . And my temp is dropping since I’m in the basement it’s not fully sealed from the outside shed door there is some wind coming through. My grow tent in enclosed within a 6 mm tape called zip wall . My question is my lights are on 7am-7 pm in flower as I do most of the work on the girls in the morning . My temp is dropping to 55 at night for a couple hours until I turn the lights off. When the lights are on the temp is 65-70 and I’m in week 1 of flower . I do have a small space heater next to the dehumidifer and I run that 1-2 hours a night . Now the plants look REALLY healthy and vibrant . It’s my second harvest so that’s why I’m double checking if I’m ok or screwing myself . Also I black tapped the power lights on the dehumidifier as that was causing huge light leak reflecting off Mylar I suggest everyone do that asap 🙌🏼🙏🏼

Attachments

• ECBAE3FA-7538-48EE-AAE4-FE3EB0D07DBC.jpeg
    ECBAE3FA-7538-48EE-AAE4-FE3EB0D07DBC.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 10C95C9C-13CC-41A1-98DF-9713F13DBBF1.jpeg
    10C95C9C-13CC-41A1-98DF-9713F13DBBF1.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • E3CB27B1-FF4E-4B1F-9264-E246879B7BB7.jpeg
    E3CB27B1-FF4E-4B1F-9264-E246879B7BB7.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
The lower temps won't hurt them, but it can slow growth (I have read). I use a space heater as well, but I always plug it in to a temperature controller due to the lousy thermostats in space heaters. I don't have to mess with it, just let the temperature controller decide when to turn it on and off. I guess it's the basement setup that requires the dehumidifier? As soon as it gets cold here humidity tends to bottom out. It's sub 35% in my attic tonight.

The lower temps won't hurt them, but it can slow growth (I have read). I use a space heater as well, but I always plug it in to a temperature controller due to the lousy thermostats in space heaters. I don't have to mess with it, just let the temperature controller decide when to turn it on and off. I guess it's the basement setup that requires the dehumidifier? As soon as it gets cold here humidity tends to bottom out. It's sub 35% in my attic tonight.
I’m reading that 40-50 is good it sucks bc when I put the heater it drops to 35 but when it’s off the humidity will go up and the temp will drop quick I have a small crack where cold wind comes . I’m early too into flower

Your temps should be a bit warmer for maximum yield. But it is amazing what plants get used to.

I get my best yields when my lights on temps run in the upper 70's cooling down to the mid 60's with the lights off.

Currently (winter here) day time 74 and dark 62f. My yield is off about 20% this time of year.

I’m reading that 40-50 is good it sucks bc when I put the heater it drops to 35 but when it’s off the humidity will go up and the temp will drop quick I have a small crack where cold wind comes . I’m early too into flower
It is relative humidity being measured, so it falls when the air gets warmer. It still contains the same amount of moisture.

Good to hear....to be honest there are times I wish I had cold temp issues rather than my summer heat issues, lol. Let us know how they come along!

Funny when i started to get set up i was planning on remoting led drivers.I even bought a heat sink in aluminum to dissipate the heat remotely .But I find I need the heat from the driver .

So after 6 hard hours of labor and back breaking bending , I finally have a dialed in set up and heading into week 2 of flower with great promise and potential . I defoliated just to make sure I don’t get mold issues in a new environment . I’m very thankful I was able to convince the wife to let me use the spare room upstairs . Unfortunately she is allergic to the actual plant itself , so she doesn’t really care for this venture of mine. However , bc she loves me she helped me move the tent upstairs and actually assemble everything. Growing has taught me patience and another outlook in life , if one thing doesn’t work you must always try an alternative solution

Attachments

• EAB60FD2-F4E9-4A96-9C37-E1D7EC5C2E33.png
    EAB60FD2-F4E9-4A96-9C37-E1D7EC5C2E33.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 0
  • D5AA202D-596F-4D8F-A431-B2DCFDE84296.png
    D5AA202D-596F-4D8F-A431-B2DCFDE84296.png
    8.5 MB · Views: 0
  • A8B75865-4B67-4927-B33C-59F7968CE5B9.jpeg
    A8B75865-4B67-4927-B33C-59F7968CE5B9.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 2317A540-6D1A-4F1C-AF82-E5F842E70024.jpeg
    2317A540-6D1A-4F1C-AF82-E5F842E70024.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Lower temps in flower bring out purples in the buds. I grow in my basement and the temps get in the 50’s with lights off. It probably affects yield but I don’t need much bud anyway. My solution to the night time being chilly was to have lights off during the day and on at night. If you go back to the basement, you could skew the time so your lights go off at say 10 am(to get your gardening done in the morning) and on at 10 pm.

2 out of 8 plants had wet soil even after watering 4 days earlier bc the other plants were 1 week older and in smaller pots they were over shadowed by the big mamacita$ .and long story short I raised the pots up and since changing the rooms the soil has dried and now they have praying hands . I do like purple however I am shooting for yield this second harvest. I failed miserably in my first harvest as all my buds had seeds, I used a lot of resources, two grow tents and lights and lots of equipment and only got 12 ounces smh had to throw about 2 full jars away due to mold too. Anyway I guess my question from here on out is how to properly dry as it’s so crucial for terps and quality . I smoked a joint of my gg4 and it was the best . Sadly everything went away as I burped it wrong and too long and too often smh. Any advice my folks really want to be prepared and also any advice for week 2 of flower I do know to let the plant recover from the defoliation and LST for two weeks. I can’t stress enough how everyone should go in their tent and look for light leak my was the green light from my dehumidifier in their smh was reflecting a lot on the Mylar could of lost the whole harvest and hermied out smh

Attachments

• 33362C37-5EB8-4070-A6B6-109EF37B5BC5.jpeg
    33362C37-5EB8-4070-A6B6-109EF37B5BC5.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Is there a reason you didn’t cover the the bottom of the plant with soil during transplant? Looks like you could use some dirt in that pot up front. Are they all like that?

Is there a reason you didn’t cover the the bottom of the plant with soil during transplant? Looks like you could use some dirt in that pot up front. Are they all like that?
2 of 8 are 5 gallon pots the rest are 7 and that one was the last one I ran out of fertilizers unfortunately so I just left it like that as it was younger than the others and smaller . Would you suggest I add more soil to that one ? Thanks for the heads up

I would yes and any others that show their original pot soil. Your plants look good to me. Maybe the praying hands from defoliating stress but everything look clean with room to grow. Best of luck on your grow 😊

Latest posts

Back