Temperature question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killertea08

Liven The Dream
Reaction score
So I have my 6in inline fan all hooked up to my exhaust and cool tube. It's cooling a 250w hps light and I'm concerned about my temperature. I have a thermostat that I can set to 80 deg on time and it will cycle on and off as needed. Should I do that or just let it stay on 12 hrs with the light schedule? FYI I am running my light at night to take advantage of the cooler temps.

Is it hot where you are? I would set it at 80 so it won't come on if you don't need it.

Hey Rosebud, I was a little to medicated when I wrote this lol. To answer your question, not at the moment but in the next few months it will heat up. I'm going to run my cabinet at night for that reason, maby from 6pm-6am have not decided yet. I am beating my self up at the moment due to the fact that I broke the biggest rule of growing. Never bring in plants until your grow space is done lol. Manly financial reasons that spontaneously came up set me back a little but I'm finishing the ventilation system tomorrow. I am going to have to run my 6in hurricane fan for the full 12 hours due to the fact that its in line with my carbon filter and cool tube. If I don't leave it on my cool tube will not be exhausted, and i'm very sure temps will climb above 90 deg.

I would not connect/use the filter until I needed it. Filters cut the CFM of your fan and it generally is not needed until you are several weeks or more into flowering. If you do not have a speed controller for your fan, I would recommend getting one.

And ventilation is for more than just cooling your space. Your plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis. So, you should run your fan all the time the lights are on, even if you do not need it for cooling your space, your plants need it for proper photosynthesis.

Agreed Hemp^^^^^ I have a speed control called the speedster. I wanted the cfm's but not the noise, wow I was very impressed with the results. Check out my journal, I put my fan inside a storage container with lots of insulation to cut down on noise, plus my diy ducting muffler as well. I found an app for my phone that is a decibel meter I will check it today! I'm hoping for between 40-50 decibels. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back