Temperatures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use Y splitters all the time...it slows down the suction big time, some rooms can handle it.

getnasty said:
Anybody have any input on whether the two openings as opposed to one, would work with my 6" fan as described above? Im thinking it may be my only option. Unless, of course, I filter outside of the closet, but i'd prefer not to.

When I do that, I make my openings 4" openings that go into a 6" wye. Two 4" holes have about the same area (12.56 sq in x 2) as a single 6" hole (28.26 sq in). I am not sure that this is going to work in your case, though. You need the resistance to be pretty equal, or the opening with the least resistance will get the majority of the air flow. You want to try and keep everything "balanced"--same length of ducting, same amount of turns, same resistance, etc.

Hey this is just my opinion but I don't see the need or function of using a wye splitter for that space unless you are intending on getting 2 filters. I thought about what may work for you as I have the same size grow space. This is a crude picture of the space with the fan suspended from the ceiling and connected to the wall so that it is pulling all the inner space air, It also shows the light being suspended with the filter being either suspended directly above the light or actually laying on the light. Even though you have some serious bends in this setup, the fact that the fan is pulling the air (by way of the centrifugal blower creating vacuum) changes the dynamics of the airflow action. This should allow proper airflow without causing any problems, and regular flex hose should work. The only issue that I would see is the smaller carbon filter. I would get a 6" with more air contact surface to allow for more air volume to be pulled in. :) Hope this helps

air flow.JPG

Latest posts

Back