Temps between 40 and 50 F for spider mite control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Lebowski

Reaction score
Spider mite problem, plants were highly infested. Today I'm beginning week 7 of flower on a 9 week schedule.

Starting a week ago, I have sprayed nightly with a NEEM OIL/H2O mix. I also have taken advantage of mother nature and by leaving a window open, have been able to keep the temps at 40F lights off and 50-60F lights on.

Webs from the tops are gone but much leaf damage (lots of yellow dots) on 2 of 3 strains. Leaf bottoms are loaded with eggs.

Q: What harm am I doing to the plants keeping the temps where they are? Also, what suggestions do you have for further treatment through the last 3 weeks of flower?

Thanks in advance for your help!
The Big Lebowski

PS: For this coming week I am considering switching to the 50/50 ISO to H2O method described in the other spider mite threads . Any feedback on that would also be appreciated.

that cool of temps are going to stunt production pretty significantly. Below 60F plant growth nearlly stops, nutrient uptake is sevrly restricted. But it will slow those mites down.
I lik the iso idea. "I've" not used it, but have seen testimonials from trusted folks, that thought it worked. Best thing about it, is you're not contaminateing the product with anything.

thanks for the help, raised temps back up. some mites still present but overall just a small fraction of what i had before.

any idea as to what the iso actually does to the mites?

also, will my original 9 week cycle be xtended out now because of the low temps or have i just lost the potential added weight and overall development?

mites "have" to transpire, the iso dries them out and kills them.
"Persistance"..IMHO, is paramount..."I" would be treating them daily with the iso, unless I saw some negative affects.

Latest posts

Back