Tent adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herm

Reaction score
Where to start..

I have my tent setup now. Its a 4'9" x 4'9" x 7'. I have 2 - 600 watt high pressure sodium's in it, inline cooled by a 450 cfm fan. Using the numbers off the bulbs I should be pushing around 7360 lumens a square foot, I'm sure its somewhat less than that but it should be okay. I'm using a can filter for odor control on a 450 cfm fan.

I still have some things to do such as getting a couple dust/light proof filters for my exhausts and intakes, getting a better fan solution for the inside of my tent and getting a solution to get the plants up there closer to the lights but so far so good.

The plants are 4 pure power by g13 seeds. Its an Indica-dominant hybrid that I got for free from attitude a few years ago and I have had good success with it. The flowering time for these is around 7ish weeks.

They have been vegging for 6 weeks under t5's. I am running the Earth Juice line of nutes (Catalyst, Microblast, Grow, Hi-Brix Molasses, Bloom, and Hygrozyme which is not the earth juice line) on the schedule recommended in the nute comparison thread in the general growing section. I mix the nutes in a cone bottom tank, heat it to 85 degrees and run an air stone in it for 24-48 hours. I add the Hygrozyme right before I water the plants.

The soil is Pro-Mix BX. I mix in 1.25 cups of lime and about 3/4 a cup of all purpose bat guano per 5 gallons of soil. They were planted in 1.5 gallon pots for 5 weeks. They were a little root bound, I will be transplanting them a little sooner next time. They are in about 8 gallons of soil now. I have added Great White to the first water in after each transplant. I will most likely be flipping to flower at the next feeding depending on how quickly they acclimate to my tent and the new HID's.

I am open to any and all constructive criticism or suggestions.

P1310129.JPG

P1310130.JPG

P1310131.JPG

P1310132.JPG

P1310133.JPG

P1310134.JPG

Nice set up Herm :aok:

Plants looking sweet :aok:

I am going to try to stay on top of this grow journal. This is my first "organic" grow so if you see a problem with my plants please feel free to let me know. I would much prefer to have stuff caught early. As I said before they were a root bound when I transplanted to the bigger pots so hopefully they will be greening up quite a bit soon.

Well I have my plants raised up a bit now. Here are some photos of the plants outside the tent in cleaner light. I really hope the yellow tops are from being root bound and they will sort themselves out with the new pots.

P2020147.JPG

P2020148.JPG

P2020149.JPG

P2020150.JPG

P2020151.JPG

P2020152.JPG

Looking nice Herm

Plants are looking good. Really loving the new pots and HPS. I will flipping to flower soon.

P2040158.JPG

P2040159.JPG

P2040160.JPG

P2040161.JPG

P2040162.JPG

P2040163.JPG

Take your shots with just a daylight T12 on or something. They cost about $20 from the depot and will always allow you to take some dank pics. Glad the new pots are making them happy. Male sure to write down what plants feed well on. Too much, too little, etc. Because when you run it again, if you do. You will know where she likes it. After that, you will know her by heart.

Looking nice Herm :aok:

Looking good Herm. FLIP THEM BEEOCHAZZZ, and stay safe. :)

nouvellechef said:
Take your shots with just a daylight T12 on or something. They cost about $20 from the depot and will always allow you to take some dank pics. Glad the new pots are making them happy. Male sure to write down what plants feed well on. Too much, too little, etc. Because when you run it again, if you do. You will know where she likes it. After that, you will know her by heart.

The shitty pictures are a result of my lazyness. I will try to stop being so lazy.

Here are some pictures in better light. The spots are on the old growth, I believe these are from being root bound. Please let me know if I am correct or not.

P2050166.JPG

P2050167.JPG

P2050168.JPG

P2050169.JPG

P2050170.JPG

P2050171.JPG

P2050172.JPG

P2050174.JPG

P2050175.JPG

P2050176.JPG

P2050177.JPG

Here are some pictures of the final product dried and cured. The macro shots are the same buds.

P2050165.JPG

P2050172.JPG

P2050174.JPG

P2050175.JPG

P2050176.JPG

P4200011.JPG

yeah i would say from being rootbound. my plants do it when they are and no stopping it except for transplanting, usually around harvest though for me.

PuffinNugs said:
yeah i would say from being rootbound. my plants do it when they are and no stopping it except for transplanting, usually around harvest though for me.

Yeah there were circumstances beyond control that caused these to be in to small a pot for to long however the good news is the roots were nice healthy and super white when I transplanted them.

Hey Herm, would those leaves be considered double serrated. And if so, does that hybrid have Cindy 99 in it? Looking good. Those buds are dank. :)

powerplanter said:
Hey Herm, would those leaves be considered double serrated. And if so, does that hybrid have Cindy 99 in it? Looking good. Those buds are dank. :)

The only thing I know about the Genetics are from the attitudes website.

PURE Power is Indica-dominant and has a recessive Sativa influence which will energise her effect. This will result in a nice relaxing high to an incredibly powerful stone.

Latest posts

Back