Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in my veg tent I use the flaps along the bottom, for flower I just ran a 6" duct through the lowest hole in my tent and leave it on the floor. Both are passive.

Thats good to know Hammy. I have the two flaps on the bottom of my tent all duct tape shut because I was worried about light leaks. So it definitely helps with the air flow?

maineharvest said:
Thats good to know Hammy. I have the two flaps on the bottom of my tent all duct tape shut because I was worried about light leaks. So it definitely helps with the air flow?

Not only does it help it is what they are there for...

lordhighlama said:
in my veg tent I use the flaps along the bottom, for flower I just ran a 6" duct through the lowest hole in my tent and leave it on the floor. Both are passive.

that's what I was figuring to do..

or open the flaps like Hammy..

onward...

thx ya'll

Top Advice !!!! and cheers lord that diagram helped a billion... who runs this group can i join??

Do you guys have the flaps opened right up or do you just leave the flaps down but dont tape it. If I opened the flaps all the way then a ton of light would get in and I dont want hermies or any problems with reveg when I start to flower.

leave the flaps down, they will still be pulling air in.

lordhighlama said:
leave the flaps down, they will still be pulling air in.

:yeahthat:

The force of the air being drawn in will raise the flaps enough....

HTIDHILLY said:
Top Advice !!!! and cheers lord that diagram helped a billion... who runs this group can i join??

Post up a pic of your set up and follow the instructions in the very first post of this thread...

:ciao: TGC..just passing through ..Here:48:

Yall Keep M Green :D

I went to the grow shop today and got a few upgrades for the tent. I got two enclosed Super Nova reflectors, a 170cfm inline fan, two sets of these cool light hangers, and some hardware. Of course I forgot to get one piece and didnt realize it until the ride home.

Any tips or suggestions to setting up ventilation are welcome. Such as where and how to hang the fan, how to run the ducting and anything else.View attachment IMG_2497.JPG

View attachment IMG_2498.JPG

View attachment IMG_2500.JPG

View attachment IMG_2505.JPG

Picassa not showing your pics either... Weird. Best advice is keep duct length and fan all tight and short as possible.

You cant see the pics? I can. Holey **** this fan weighs like ten pounds. Between the weight of the lights and this fan my tent might collapse on me.

Nice haul.....ditch those yo yo hangers and get some pro-grips...you will be glad you did. Best hangers hands down.

You cld mount the fan outside the tent but 170 cfm is not that big to begin with I wld hate to lose a bunch of power by doing a long run.

At the shop they had the fan ziptied to one of the vertical poles to the tent and on another tent they had the fan just dropped right on top of the tent and it vented straight out the hole in the top. Im thinking that I will try the ziptie method and see how that works out.

Hammy, I cant even tell you how happy I am with these hangers. They had about 20 lights hanging up at the shop and half were hung with these hangers so I got to see how they worked and was very impressed. I have been using chains and S hooks for years now and I am so happy to throw all that crap away. On these new hangers you just set the desired tension, depending on the weight of the light, and then you can pull the light up or down and it will lock itself in position.

Hammster I also ordered some Chem4 x SFVOG from SOW last week. I am thinking about getting the Corleone Kush from the Attitude, its only $88 right now. Your grows inspired me to try the Cali Connection gear. I almost got the Larry but I wanted to try something I haven't seen grown on MP yet. I know I already asked you but did you get your beans from SOW?

lordhighlama said:

I too have a tent, small one, 3x3x6 and I also use passive ducts thru the two bottom holes and leave the flaps shut. On my passive duct/intakes I filter the air with high quality, dust/mold/mite filter media shown in attached pic. Thanks.

View attachment IMGA0311.jpg

Latest posts

Back