Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like your setup, QD.
I've got the DR80-A little smaller with 5 inch ports.
I'm still without a carbon filter for the time being but soon to change.

Welcome to TGC!!!

:)
Gb

here's what I got cooking for a DIY design.
please go here... if you'd like to add your input.

TS-Box-jpg2.JPG

I don't know what everyone uses as their reflector, this is mine, a Sun system "Blockbuster" 6" 25"x25". This is my 5th tent, and hands down this is the best reflector I have ever owned, highly recommended....

EDIT: I run a 1000k in here btw...

31 Dayz-6.jpg

We were on the second page again..unacceptable

Anyways, back on top...

I have a 5x5 tent with a 176cfm inline 4" fan doing the exhaust and a passive intake...

the walls of the tent are sucked in when the door and "windows" are zipped...that's what I want with a tent right?

cmd420 said:

Anyways, back on top...

I have a 5x5 tent with a 176cfm inline 4" fan doing the exhaust and a passive intake...

the walls of the tent are sucked in when the door and "windows" are zipped...that's what I want with a tent right?

Yeah...negative pressure...:)

cmd420 said:

Anyways, back on top...

Hi CMD. The negative pressure really helps when you are running a carbon filter. It ensures that all the air is going through your filter before exiting the tent. I can't smell anything standing right next to the tent, but if I open it and stick my head in there, it stinks to high heaven. Pretty cool.

Well I guess its my turn to bump us to the front. Been busy with my girls and Doing the finishing touches to my 6X6 tent. I was waiting for some speed controllers from HTG, but because they don't seem to understand English and haven't sent them after two weeks, I told them to give me a refund. I was going to make a pair but figured after parts and time it would be easier to just buy two. I guess on my next town trip next month I will have to stop at OSH. Between horses and my girls I don't have much time.

:holysheep: Every time my wife see my mare she says to her "so, your the women that stole my man". I think Willi said it best,"Ma Ma don't let yours babies grow up to be Cowboys".

Hello Cowboy. I don'y prefer buying from places that I can't call up and speak to an American citizen, or at the very least, a person who speaks the same language I do as their primary language. I recently ordered a fan, and fan controller from a place, I will post link below, change XX to tt. They shipped the item same day I ordered, and when I have called to talk to them a couple times for questions, someone always answered, and spoke fluent english. They have a fantech controller for $19.90, or another version, which I got also for $19.90. Check it out if you like.
hXXp://www.businesslights.com/temperature-fan-controls-c-404_511.html

Hello Everyone, I my 4' x 4' tent is on the way and I was wondering what size fan I should run with a 1000w HPS bulb. I dont know how I'm going to run the ducting I might get a carbon air filter, but I need to go the cheapest route with one fan. Open to any suggestions, the weather where I live is pretty cool my house stays around 65 degrees F.

jamexican686 said:
Hello Everyone, I my 4' x 4' tent is on the way and I was wondering what size fan I should run with a 1000w HPS bulb. I dont know how I'm going to run the ducting I might get a carbon air filter, but I need to go the cheapest route with one fan. Open to any suggestions, the weather where I live is pretty cool my house stays around 65 degrees F.

Depends. Are you going to be using a cool tube, or air cooled hood or what? I use a cool tube, 6" 365 cfm fan, and 16lb carbon filter.

OK, so I use a small Sunbeam heater in my tent and even though I removed the red light that illuminates one of the dials, I noticed that when it cycles on, it emits a "flash" of white light. It only flashes for a split millisecond but with the inside of the tent being fully reflective it scared me into nightmares of hermieville. It now sits outside, with air flow directed toward the bottom inlet vent but in a way where the "spark" of light cannot be detected by the girls.
Again I applaud all indoor growers...so much more work than outdoors.

Thanks for the heads-up NorthFork.
I put a link to that post in my sig.

Jamexican, You might look into the possibility of having a fan speed controller-It is definitely on my wish list.
365cfm should work even if the filter cuts down so much of the cfm's.
You control the speed-you control ventilation.
:aok:
Gb

GeezerBudd said:
Thanks for the heads-up NorthFork.
I put a link to that post in my sig.

Jamexican, You might look into the possibility of having a fan speed controller-It is definitely on my wish list.
365cfm should work even if the filter cuts down so much of the cfm's.
You control the speed-you control ventilation.
:aok:
Gb

I agree Geezer. The fan contoller makes all the difference. My tent is in the room where I sleep at night. During the day when lights are on, I run the fan 75%-100%, at night with lights off, I run it at about 25%, enuff to keep negative pressure on tent, just gettin enuff air through the carbon filter to control the smell, and at 25% power, it is almost silent. One of the better $20 purchases I have made.

ishnish said:
after two and a half years of sleeping with my exhaust at 100%... i don't think i could sleep without the noise.. it's like people that listen to the sounds of the beach or something..

To be honest Ish, I found the light sound of the fan to be quite soothing. It actually cuts down on all the other background noise of living in a condo. I agree with you, once your used to it, it would be weird without it.

:hairpull: Well two weeks and still no fan speed controller. I will never use Ebay again and watch out for a place called HTG on Ebay. These guys are sound asleep. They have said they shipped it but don't have a tracking #. Yeah right. Even Ebay are dragging there heels.:hairpull: :hairpull:
I want to reorder from the place that erwinsweeney recommended, but am waiting to make sure that I get my refund first.

I can spend 4 to 5 hundred hours a year in the saddle and not go out on my own. But yesterday and I think again today, I'll take out my horse for another fast and ferocious ride because I am so P.Oed., ole' rowdy is one fast QH, Quarter Horse. And I don't get to ride at my level often.:woohoo: :lama:

Latest posts

Back