Tent info needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickywicked

Reaction score
After screwing around with my closet, wasting mucho dinero, I still canT get my temps down. Have decided to go DWC in a tent. Any info on what to get. Have just checked out Amazon.com, the prices seem good, are the tents. Any thing to stay away from?

I had the same problems as you when I started, and wanted a good tent that would last for several years. I decided on the HTG tent because it is built better than most of the ones you find on e-bay, and wasen't much more in price. There are several other choices like Plantlighting Hydro that have well made tents as well. Amazon and E-bay have good deals on things that you often need to purchase, but I think things that you do not want to have to replace, should be purchased from a business that specializes in Horticulture. JMHO

I would agree with Menimeth, don't try to go too cheap or you may run into problems. The key to fighting heat as you may already know is ventilation. The more the better, unless you have an AC set up, then the ventilation would be still the more the better :)

stickywicked said:
After screwing around with my closet, wasting mucho dinero, I still canT get my temps down. Have decided to go DWC in a tent. Any info on what to get. Have just checked out Amazon.com, the prices seem good, are the tents. Any thing to stay away from?

I was, and still am but less so, having a lot of trouble getting temps down in my closet as well. For me its mainly due to the area I live in (see super hot). I just got my Mother Keeper tent from HTG and I'm going to use it for, seedlings, a mother(duh) once I get a good one, and clones.

WHat does your setup look like? Maybe we can figure something out for the ventilation? I don't know if you were on another forum before, but there's a lotta smart people on here and it looks like you haven't posted anything on it yet. Give us a shot! haha good luck!

sMACk

multifarious said:
my 2 cents

stay away from any tent without adequate ventilation points..............

intake and exhaust

I've used several brand of tents over the years and currently prefer "Secret Jardin" because of there large diameter ventilation, double sealing, socks.

:yeahthat: ...

i have also gone thre a few tents in my time.. ebay was where i got my first 2.. they were 100$ to the door.. i have also switched n dropped the coin on the SJ.. love the tent..
LH

I still have all 3 tents I bought off ebay and they are all still in great shape. (2) 2x4x5's and a 4x4x6.5. If you hve the coin to spare get a great tent like SJ, if not you can still pick up a good tent on ebay if you do your research on the product and the seller. I paid 100 bucks each for the 2x4x5's shipped and like 125 shipped for the bigger tent. With the amount of Dank I hve cranked out of them they have been nothing short of awesome. jmo

thanks for everyone's input..I see that I need to do more research.

I use a Secret Jardin DRII 120 for flower. Great tent

I use a cheap Growgright off E-bay for veg. Works great for veg would not use for flower, to many light leaks.

A tent will not solve your heat issues. Need better Ventilation.

My ventilation is set up Carbon Filter then a wye, then through 2 a/c hoods, another wye, then my 6" Vortex Fan, to the window and outdoors. My intake is semi Passive coming from outdoors, I do have a fan installed for those really hot nights(I run my lights at night) that I turn on when needed.

If I would be having high temp issues, I would not grow DWC. Trying to keep the water temp cool enough will be problematic(DWC water should be in the 68 deg range), unless you got a chiller. I grow in soil when temp start to rise and go back to DWC in the Fall

Latest posts

Back