Tent size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonp

Reaction score
I have been looking at making the plunge and getting a grow tent. I would like to know more about the ventilation systems because that actually cost more than the tent itself. I have the lights already. Are there parts of the ventilation system that you don't need? I am not concerned about the smell. Can I get away with a fan if the tent is in an air conditioned room? Do I need a certain type of heater?

Well you will need to exhaust the air from the tent to the outside of the room that is housing the tent. You dont want the air recirculating in the same room. Otherwise an ac would be a good thing if there is heat and you will need a fan to move the air around the plants. For heating, if you are able to heat the main room, it will also help a lot to warm up your tent. Some people use space heaters but be careful for fire hazards with those. You don't want electric heaters that give out light from resistance rods

Well you will need to exhaust the air from the tent to the outside of the room that is housing the tent. You dont want the air recirculating in the same room. Otherwise an ac would be a good thing if there is heat and you will need a fan to move the air around the plants. For heating, if you are able to heat the main room, it will also help a lot to warm up your tent. Some people use space heaters but be careful for fire hazards with those. You don't want electric heaters that give out light from resistance rods
That makes a lot of sense that controlling air quality is as important as lights and tent manufacturers.

My flower tent is 4 x 8 x7 ft or 224 sq ft. Rule of thumb is turn the room over two times per minute. So an inline fan that's capable of 448 cfm is advisable. I also have 3 circulating fans running inside the tent.

I grow in my basement which is heated and a/c as well.

I've got 3 gorilla tents that are in great condition I'd gladly give away if anyone is interested...shipping would be expensive but if anyone is in florida it would be an early Christmas present... ;)

My flower tent is 4 x 8 x7 ft or 224 sq ft. Rule of thumb is turn the room over two times per minute. So an inline fan that's capable of 448 cfm is advisable. I also have 3 circulating fans running inside the tent.

I grow in my basement which is heated and a/c as well.
That is a nice size tent. This is good information about the specifications that I will keep in mind.

I used a inline duct booster fan and flex duct from Menards. Lots cheaper than buying one specifically for growing and works just as well.
Thanks! That is good to know. The tent manufacture's is pretty high.

You can build a better grow room out of Rmax Thermasheath.
Easy to build and the inside is reflective.
All you need is RMax,razor knife and duct tape.

thermasheath-foam-board-insulation-613010-64_1000.jpg

I have been looking at making the plunge and getting a grow tent. I would like to know more about the ventilation systems because that actually cost more than the tent itself. I have the lights already. Are there parts of the ventilation system that you don't need? I am not concerned about the smell. Can I get away with a fan if the tent is in an air conditioned room? Do I need a certain type of heater?

Hi Sharon,
Whatever in-line fan you go with for your tent, I’d consider going as large as the vents in the tent allow. I’d rather run a larger inline fan at a reduced speed because it’s quieter and generates less vibration. For example, I have a 2x4 tent that could be serviced by a 4 inch inline fan at full speed. My vents can accommodate a 6 inch fan, so I’m running the 6 inch up to 80% speed. I wish I could run an 8. If your tent can accommodate an 8 inch, I would go that way. If you want to save money, you can skip the filter during most of veg and add it back in during flower.

I also like the AC Infinity T6 or T8 in-line fans because they increase/decrease speed automatically based on temperature and humidity. In fact, I like most of their stuff.

I use a smaller tent (2x4) because I vent into my tent room. I have to pump fresh air into the tent room and run a dehumidifier in the room too. It’s usually warm (76-77 degrees) in there and 45% humidity. Where are you planning to vent your heat and humidity from the tent? If you’re venting indoors, I’ve learned from experience that a smaller tent will make it easier to manage your environment.

Good luck! It takes some time to dial it in. If you can find a way to vent outdoors, you’ll be in better shape.

Attachments

• 1127CBA2-E13E-4679-ACB4-E6D8519035A5.jpeg
    1127CBA2-E13E-4679-ACB4-E6D8519035A5.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 0
Gotta have a frame of some sort.
All you need is one of the walls to but up against a wall in the house or build it in a corner like i did. That stuff is pretty sturdy.
I even had Negative air pressure and the walls did not move. Its according to the Thickness of the Rmax your using.
I even had it on the floor. Its water proof and easy to clean.

https://www.rmax.com/thermasheath

1668095277024.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back