tent ventalation ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iams

Off the leash!
Reaction score
I am looking at a 4x4x7 tent on ebay. I was wondering with a 6" cooltube and a 400+ cfm fan pulling from the cooltube would that be enough air ventalation to cool the tent? or does the tent need 1 exhaust and the light another exhaust.

Iams

I found some utube vids for the answer to my question and how to run intakes, exhaust and carbon filter.

Any replies would still be appreciated.

Iams

:ciao: theres a tent grower club here...lots of great growers...I have a 2x4x5 tent....I use a 600 with a 440cfm with a speed controller....no intake fans...look up Hampster lewis...pcduck...and the HempGodess...I know they all grow in tents and have helped me with mine....I think you will need a 1000 MH/HPS..hope this helps...

take care and be safe

Sweet! Thanks for pointing me in a direction.

Iams

4u2smoke.....Thank you for the post on this. Researching the tent growers club has been a windfall of information and pics. I am only on page 26 but wanted to thank you and the other tent growers for the info shared.

I am in the buying process for tent, and ventalation. One of the posts said they were very thankful to the growers here for talking them into doing it right the first time. I want to do this too.

I hope my next post will have pics of my tent w/ ventilation.

Thank you all again for hosting and participating in this great tool of information.

Iams....reading more w/ tail wagging

I would get this.

-4x4 tent. I like gro-lab the best so far per $ spent
-6" magnum hood. No cooltube
-1k watt ballast and bulbs. Make sure to always buy extra bulbs for backup
-6" fan. I like the CAP brand

You can save money in all areas by buying smart. Like why do you need a digital ballast? I still have harvest pro elites from Sunlight Supply and luv them.

I have the secret J 4x4x7. My 400 cfm sucls so good it practically turns the tent inside out. u will need a varible speed box for the fan and here in FL I found an intake fan necessary.

ok tent ordered. 4x4x7. I already have a gullwing reflector 600watt hps/ mh. Will this light generate to much heat for the tent since it is not a cooled light? I plan on a 6 inch 400+ cfm exhaust w speed control.

Thanks for you help getting this up and running.

Iams

You should be good with the 600w light. Controlling the heat is iffy. If your tent is in a fairly cool area already and you run the exaust fan wide open with a filter that has good airflow (and have the filter mounted to the top of the tent so that it pulls the hottest air out first) then You should be ok. I ran 2 250watters(open gullwing) in a 4'x30"x7' cabinet with a 530cfm fan and am in a non air conditioned room(mid 70s) and had little trouble maintaining temps. :)

In winter, it will be fine. It will actually help to keep the space warm as long as your air drawn in is nice and cold. But come next summer, air cooled magnum hood will save you some heartache.

When it come to inline fans are there recommend manufactures you all would recommend. My purchase would like to include fan, duct, carbon filter all in the same purchase.

The home I live in is elevated so I am going to vent out of the tent thru floor under the house. The carbon filter will be at top of tent, exhaust out of top of tent then down thru floor. Do I need to step up fan cfms for being able to move hot air down thru floor.

Fan will be mounted last in series at floor outlet.( ie pulling hot air most of the way then pushing the last 2 feet or so thru floor, sub floor and insulation.)

Planing exhaust on 6 inch duct and 400+ cfm fan (vortex in style) with speed control. Using passive intakes in tent. The tent is 4x4x7.

Also I think I remember reading that carbon filter needs to be hooked up only in flower or if odors exsist. Does the addition of a filter warrant a higher cfm fan?

Please help me make the right purchases. I am budget minded but will spend extra to keep this as unnoticiable as possible.

I live out in the country and the only person with access to land is the meter reader. 10 acres. Unfortunately my grow space is on the same end of the house as the eletric meter. The rest of the property is way to open for outdoor growing.

Design is still in think/ planing mode so all thoughts and recommendations will be taken under advisment.

Iams. ( /Ears perked for a response. Tail wagging.)

Iams said:
When it come to inline fans are there recommend manufactures you all would recommend. My purchase would like to include fan, duct, carbon filter all in the same purchase.

The home I live in is elevated so I am going to vent out of the tent thru floor under the house. The carbon filter will be at top of tent, exhaust out of top of tent then down thru floor. Do I need to step up fan cfms for being able to move hot air down thru floor.

Fan will be mounted last in series at floor outlet.( ie pulling hot air most of the way then pushing the last 2 feet or so thru floor, sub floor and insulation.)

Planing exhaust on 6 inch duct and 400+ cfm fan (vortex in style) with speed control. Using passive intakes in tent. The tent is 4x4x7.

Also I think I remember reading that carbon filter needs to be hooked up only in flower or if odors exsist. Does the addition of a filter warrant a higher cfm fan?

Please help me make the right purchases. I am budget minded but will spend extra to keep this as unnoticiable as possible.

I live out in the country and the only person with access to land is the meter reader. 10 acres. Unfortunately my grow space is on the same end of the house as the eletric meter. The rest of the property is way to open for outdoor growing.

Design is still in think/ planing mode so all thoughts and recommendations will be taken under advisment.

Iams. ( /Ears perked for a response. Tail wagging.)

-I like CAP fans. 6"(440cfm) is like $100

-I like Phresh filters. Match the fan with filter.

Dont forget about medium, nutrients, pots and most of all. Pest regime!

I have 4 of these fans in my grow and in my Bro's grow and they work quite well for many months now. This is also a good price and the guy is fast to get them out to you: hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/390264245764?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619 :) make sure you change the xx to tt in the URL when you type it into your browser :)

I also buy stuff from plantlightinghydroponics.com as they have good prices and solid customer service. They have some filters that I have been trying that are fairly light and work quite well. They are called organic air carbon filters :)

If you want to keep the meter reader out of your yard, call them and have them put a radio/remote meter on your house. I have one on mine and the power companies like having them as they don't have to come all the way out to your house to read the meter. My meter guy comes by and doesn't get out of his truck to read it, he stops for about 15 seconds then is off again. I know it reads right because my wife works for the same company and can see the numbers every month. :)

Latest posts

Back