terrible mistake!!! am i doomed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trojan46312

Reaction score
I started a 18-6 light schedule about 14 days ago and last night while checking on the plants I turned the ambienct light on by mistake and left it on all night so the plants received 24 hours of light today. Are they stressed? Will they herm on me? Is there anything I can do?

shouldnt be a problem, carry on but keep watch

you can disrupt the veg cycle all ya want..its the flowering cycle we need to watch close for light interuption...I did that early on as well..I found that a green party bulb solved that:aok:

take care and be safe

Ok thanks guys. I'll let them go a couple more weeks in veg before switching to 12/12.

Is there a reason you aren't running your lights 24/7?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Is there a reason you aren't running your lights 24/7?

Not really...I just thought it was good to give them darkness for a few hours like outside. Is it better to keep them on 24/7?

Running lights 24/7 in veg gives them 1/3 more light!
I guess if you asked everyone here for their timings, 90% would be 24/7.
MJ can and does grow 24/7, it doesnt need "sleep" (though I have found fresh cuttings root faster on 20/4, not scientific, just IMO) Once rooted however, I have found cuttings stretch more if given sleep.
Green mojo Trojan. W

Trojan46312 said:
Not really...I just thought it was good to give them darkness for a few hours like outside. Is it better to keep them on 24/7?

Absolutely, many many people run their lights 24 hrs a day during Veg, MJ does not require a dark period during veg.

I run my veg lights 24-0 as well.....and for future reference I am with 4u....you can mess with the veg light cycle and not have any problems...it is the flowering cycle that needs to be uninterrupted....jmo

I've grown both ways and sincerly believe that if plants could talk they'd tell you, I can do this 24 hour thing,but please, give me some slack. This is just the way I believe produces the best results for me in my grow room. 18/6 in veg. I try and duplicate nature, my fans are intermittent just like outside couple hours on 3 hours off 3 hours on couple hours off, 1 soft continuous fan against a wall. most of my room breezes are deflected off the walls.I also make sure my waters tepid, i never chill the roots.

i agree skagit. I do the 24 hour veg, and they do get bigger I think, but I feel like they don't like it too. That is funny. Must be a WA thing, listening to our plants.

All good advice.... & yes, I also veg on the 24/7. :)

I veg at 24hrs unless heat starts to become an issue like in the summer. Right around now I usually switch back to a 18/6 or 20/4 schedule just to help with the summer heat.

Ok thanks. Maybe I'll switch to 24/7. I'm glad to hear that I didn't ruin my plants by leaving the lights on.

Trojan46312 said:
Ok thanks. Maybe I'll switch to 24/7. I'm glad to hear that I didn't ruin my plants by leaving the lights on.

Yeah just don't do it during flowering....:)

Latest posts

Back