tessawoo1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tessawoo1

could someone please advise me on this problem im having with my bud?:mad:
on jan 1 I planted 10 seeds, 5 hash plant and 5 indigo. I had them on a chair in a closet with a regular 60 watt light, anyway when i looked at them a few days later they were tall and lankey. now there 2 weeks old and they still only have there first little leaf!! HELP! oh now i have them under 4 regular 40 watt fouors. but there not growing!!

hello im tessawoo1 and i need seriuos help could someone please repla

Welcome to MP. There could be a number of reasons why your plants are the way they are. When you say 60 watt light what kind of light? How far away do you have your light? Are you growing in soil or hydro? Are you using any nutes? Do you have proper venilation? Do you have a fan blowing on them?

First off, hello to you as well. Secondly, hit that search button and do a little research. I bet you'll find you're answer quicker than asking a question and waiting for an answer. Plus maybe a few pics of your plants wouldn't hurt either.

tessawoo1 said:
could someone please advise me on this problem im having with my bud?
on jan 1 I planted 10 seeds, 5 hash plant and 5 indigo. I had them on a chair in a closet with a regular 60 watt light, anyway when i looked at them a few days later they were tall and lankey. now there 2 weeks old and they still only have there first little leaf!! HELP! oh now i have them under 4 regular 40 watt fouors. but there not growing!!

Ok, if I'm guessing correctly, you've started some seeds in a small pot full of dirt.

You've put them first, under a single, 60 watt incandescent bulb, (the one that looks like a fat lady bending over), not the tube.

Then you put them under a 40 watt fluorescent bulb or maybe two 20 watt bulbs.

The seedlings are very long and real skinny.

If this is all correct, then here is what you need to do:

Put each plant in a one gallon container with holes in the bottom. Plant them very gently with dirt going all the way up to just below the round leafs. Just VERY GENTLY firm the dirt around the little stems so that they are standing up straight.

Then sprinkle water on it gently until the dirt is very moist, but not wet.

Then put them under the 40 watts of fluorescents with the light about 2 inches above the top of the plants.

Check the light each day, and move it up when you need to, to keep it about 2 inches above the top of the plants.

Don't use the incandescent lights any more. They don't work for plants.

Let me know how they're doing, ok?

welcome tessawoo for one they are right about the lights. two there is a hell alot of stuff on this site that u can read that will help u fast than waiting for answers. but of course we all love to help if u cant find the answers ur looking for. im new here and have read alot and learned alot from the great ppl from this site

thanks for replying my friends, the light was just the regular light bulb on the ceiling in a closet and the plant (just Babies) were just sitting on a plate on the floor because its warm in the closet. my medium was potting soil. I left them for two days and when i looked at them they were almost as tall as a popsicle stick so i had to tie them up, the problem is they still just have there first little leaf and there 2 weeks old now. I now put them under 4 double shop lights( home depot) 40 watt , 4 ft. 4 cool white and 4 warm light fluors!! they just dont grow. im bummed:confused: guess its easy to see im a newbee. any advise would be appreciated!! thanks blazed:D

this is tessawoo again i'd like to thank everyone who replyed and gave me advice> and by the way stoney bud you hit it almost on the nose. now there under 8 40 watt flours!!! thanks ya'll!! its gonna be a good day in L.A. sometime within the next 8 or 9 weeks!! take time to burn one!!! H.A.N.D.

Latest posts

Back