TESTING WATER PH

oldfogey8

Grouch
Reaction score
As @CrashMagnet said you should test it before you give it to the plants both before watering(if your water is really acidic or alkaline) and feeding. Municipal water is usually pretty neutral but if you have a well, and your water is off, you may need to pH for watering as well. My town water is neutral enough that I don’t test pH but maybe I am just lucky.

oldfogey8

Grouch
Reaction score
I always PH adjust after the Nutes are added , at the very end before feeding.
My tap is always 7.0 ph
I am lucky I guess. I don’t pH. Don’t try this at home! *Your results may vary…

SubmarineGirl

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I grow in fabric pots and in the ground and I never check my PH. Only PH I check is my pools water.
Don’t know what the ph of rain water is but my outside plant have been getting a lot of it. I can see myself watering them with the garden hose when not applying nutes. That’s how I water all my other plants and herbs on the porch. It gets hot and they get thirsty in the summer around here

oldfogey8

Grouch
Reaction score
Don’t know what the ph of rain water is but my outside plant have been getting a lot of it. I can see myself watering them with the garden hose when not applying nutes. That’s how I water all my other plants and herbs on the porch. It gets hot and they get thirsty in the summer around here
If rain water was bad, we would be living in an Idiocracy-esque landscape like the dust bowl era..,

RosterMan

Even now In Heaven, Angels carry Savage Weapons
Reaction score
**** Roster is always testing the water here LOL
R.9db692c42d6abef3fea4f027e23d92b2

Bombtombadill

Reaction score
Definitely test after adding nutrients, my Dyna-Grow nutrients are taking the PH down from 7.0 to 4.0. It's not a bad idea to test your water to get a baseline before adding nutrients but not as important as PH testing after adding nutrients. Some of those nutrients out there are red hot. (low PH)

boo

old goat
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I test my water each and every time, I had a bad experience way back with crazy alkaline water and lost all my plants at 6 weeks...since then every drop is scrutinized and adjusted to +-6.0...if you want the best your flowers can give you give them a little help...in the ground it's a different game, the ground does the work filtering it...

Latest posts