TESTING WATER PH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCOTTDANNY22

Reaction score
Should the water be tested and the ph fixed before or after mixing in the nutes

You should probably test your source occasionally, but you should adjust it for your plants after you add the nutes.

As @CrashMagnet said you should test it before you give it to the plants both before watering(if your water is really acidic or alkaline) and feeding. Municipal water is usually pretty neutral but if you have a well, and your water is off, you may need to pH for watering as well. My town water is neutral enough that I don’t test pH but maybe I am just lucky.

I always PH adjust after the Nutes are added , at the very end before feeding.
My tap is always 7.0 ph
I am lucky I guess. I don’t pH. Don’t try this at home! *Your results may vary…

I grow in fabric pots and in the ground and I never check my PH. Only PH I check is my pools water.
Don’t know what the ph of rain water is but my outside plant have been getting a lot of it. I can see myself watering them with the garden hose when not applying nutes. That’s how I water all my other plants and herbs on the porch. It gets hot and they get thirsty in the summer around here

Don’t know what the ph of rain water is but my outside plant have been getting a lot of it. I can see myself watering them with the garden hose when not applying nutes. That’s how I water all my other plants and herbs on the porch. It gets hot and they get thirsty in the summer around here
If rain water was bad, we would be living in an Idiocracy-esque landscape like the dust bowl era..,

Hell Roster is always testing the water here LOL
R.9db692c42d6abef3fea4f027e23d92b2

Definitely test after adding nutrients, my Dyna-Grow nutrients are taking the PH down from 7.0 to 4.0. It's not a bad idea to test your water to get a baseline before adding nutrients but not as important as PH testing after adding nutrients. Some of those nutrients out there are red hot. (low PH)

I test my water each and every time, I had a bad experience way back with crazy alkaline water and lost all my plants at 6 weeks...since then every drop is scrutinized and adjusted to +-6.0...if you want the best your flowers can give you give them a little help...in the ground it's a different game, the ground does the work filtering it...

Latest posts

Back