1. Bud of the Month: Squish / No name plant
    Dismiss Notice

Tetraploid Marijuana

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Keef, May 13, 2016.

1. May 13, 2016 #1

Keef

Keef

Keef

Some of U may have heard the story of UBC Chemo and Dr. David Suzuki !--- I have been unable to get the tetra called Pink Kush from Billy Budd out of Canada or locate a real cut of UBC Chemo !--- So I've been working on inducing polyploidy myself !-- Tricky but I have the skills to get it done !--- Anyway anyone runs across pot plants folding out 4 leaves at a time instead of 2--- I would really like a cut !

There are over 7,000 varieties of regular diploid weed and only a handfull of tetraploid varieties! --- I'm out to explore genetically doubled ( tetraploid) varieties and breed something new !--- Don't believe half of what U read about tetraploids --There is just not enough known !
    Any input about Tetraploids would be appreciated!

2. May 14, 2016 #2

Keef

Keef

Keef

I have another batch of seed wet !-- This will be my 5th attempt at inducing polyploidy with a process involving a chemical found in "Surflan AS"-- The seed I'm working with are --Chem91-x-The Sugar -x-Chernobyl !
    compliment of Hippie 420 !---
    I treat a half spoonfull at a time !--- 50-60 seed !--If I have 2-6 survive this genetic doubling then I did good !---This is not like --just follow the directions and U get a tetraploid !--- This is more like fishing !-- Everything can be perfect and U catch no fish !--- I'm at the right place-- got plenty of the right bait and skills so I'm fishing !-- Every tetra may not be the legend I'm looking for !---
    I have had 4 survivors so far which seem to be --mixploids --So of the cells converted but not all !-- Although there is one that if it lives may be a tetraploid !-- Wish me luck !

3. May 14, 2016 #3

Keef

Keef

Keef

Decided to step outside the O.F.C. and do some fishing while I'm doing my Voodoo thing to these seed see if I can't get a cut of Billy's Pink Kush smuggled out of Canada ! --

4. May 14, 2016 #4

Keef

Keef

Keef

About 3-4 days the sprouts meet the Zombie Juice !--- See what lives !-- I'm getting the extra thick meristem but they come up open low and stop growing then most slowly die !--

5. May 15, 2016 #5

Keef

Keef

Keef

I started this thread because my peeps in the O.F.C. are getting tired of my Tetra rants !--- I'm surprised to see a few dozen people have stopped by !--- U got a question about Tetraploid Marijuana ? --- Ask away !-- I may not have the answer yet but I will !--- They call this genetic manipulation but this is 100% weed !--- I'm looking for a trick pony for when prohibition ends in Texas !--- By trick pony I mean a single plant not a variety that is unique !---No reputable breeder would do this !--- They are trying to back breed and stuff to stablize a trait !--- I want to do the opposite !--- With the different ways strands of chromosomes recombine in a polyploid it forces mutations! --- I can chunk some pollen but I'll never be a world class breeder !-- I don't have the resources or room !--- but them world class breeders don't have what I got either !-- Only thing is when I am competent at genetic doubling I may be able to take thier best work and supercharge it !--- Try as they might -- They can never breed a tetra !-- I'm gonna do a tap dance all over 30% THC !

6. May 15, 2016 #6

Keef

Keef

Keef

I know that name from Botany !-- Don't know how I remember! -- but he did stuff to plants like George Washington Carver !--- I gotta go look !

7. May 15, 2016 #7

Keef

Keef

Keef

I was gonna look him up this morning Umbra !-- I was convinced he did some work with potatoes !

I got this mutant GG#4 that looks all knarly !-- It looks like 3 stems with thier grow points wrapped in the same skin !---I wish I could say it was my work but I think this is a natural mutation !-- I posted a pic of it on the O.F.C. 2-3 days ago !-- I was afraid the mutation would not reappear in it's limbs !-- Looks like maybe on some limbs !-- I'm a cloner !--I can propagate it !-- I have no idea if this mutation will affect potency at all but working in surgery for 20 years ---If U find one mutation there will be more keep looking !-- This plant is not a tetraploid! -- It is just a freak !--- These seed I plan to treat in a few days are beginning to pop already !
    I germinate the seed in a jar of water on a warm shelf !-- 3-5 days into germination they receive a 24 hour soak in my Zombie Juice !-- A good rinse to leach out any remaining poison then the sprouts go into a good seed starting soil !---Then we wait !--- If the gods of science are pleased with my effort I may be blessed with a plant that has survived and made the change from diploid to tetraploid !----It is tedious but Keef ain't leaving without his tetra !

8. May 15, 2016 #8

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer Staff Member Admin Moderator

monsanto..KIDDING Keef... your scientific cannabis is way over my head to even comment. but i wish you the best... You crazy mad scientist.

9. May 15, 2016 #9

yarddog

yarddog

yarddog

Keef, keep it up! I just don't get involved because it's way past my level! Now you want to talk about volumetric efficiency, turbo wheel speeds, and manifold pressures, I'm your guy. Lol

10. May 15, 2016 #10

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

Lol wh.

11. May 15, 2016 #11

Keef

Keef

Keef

I ask D.D. the other day what kind of pickle jars U think Monsanto uses in they lab ? -- What ever they do it'll probably start with making the right tetra male ! -- We get half our DNA from mom and half from dad !--- Breeding a tetra with 4 strands of DNA to a regular diploid with 2 strands -The offspring will get 2 strands from the tetra and one strand from the Diploid parent giving the offspring 3 strands on DNA ---A sterile triploid !-- 3 can't be divided evenly so the plants from these seed will be sterile !---These are the "Terminator Seed" -- Such as Diablos Pink Kush !--- I have to have not just a tetraploid--- it has to be the right one !--

12. May 15, 2016 #12

Keef

Keef

Keef

I know U people from the Old Farts Club done heard all this before but I'm trying to work here !-- Educate the peeps !-- Those sterile triploid seed I was talking about ? --- If these seed are treated and genetically doubled ?--That plant will have 6 strands of DNA-- 6 can divide evenly !-- They ain't sterile anymore !--- A (6n) male was /is my Green Grail !--- I got to give Billy Budd respect !--- He got just such a male named Sequoia !--- As far as I know it is the only one in the world !--- What is the significance of such a male ? --- He has 6 strands of DNA so when he give half his DNA to an offspring he is contributing 3 strands !--U breed him to any regular diploid plant which will contribute 1 strand -The offspring is a tetraploid !--- This when U can put the chemicals down and breed tetras !---

13. May 16, 2016 #13

Keef

Keef

Keef

I have the seed to be treated germinating in a jar of water on a warm shelf !--- Most have split and the tap root is visible !--- I will watch until most have a taproot about half an inch long or so on average !---- I want them at the point where there cells are rapidly dividing! --- I 'll then drain these water off the seed and replace it with 1 part Surflan AS to about 8,000 parts distilled water !---I would suggest U don't mess with this stuff !---- No I'm not saying exactly where I'm at with the numbers but that's where I started !--- The sprouts will sit in a dark warm place in the poison for 24 hours !----A long rinse then they go into seed starting soil ! ---Then we wait !
    I use another chemical to piggy back the Surflan into the cells of the sprouts !--Once inside the chemical interfers with cell wall production and instead of a cell having one set of DNA it has 2 and ever cell in the plant must do this !---This is right at the edge of death !---

14. May 18, 2016 #14

Keef

Keef

Keef

I think another day maybe 2 before these sprouts meet the poison !--- Seems one or more of the survivors may have made the conversion and will survive !---Only way to know for sure is with a microscope and slide !--but if they make 4 leaves at a time instead of 2 ---Pretty sure bet U got it done !--- One way or another -- I'll have a new tetra !---I can do this once a month for the next year if nessesary! ---It won't be long !

15. May 20, 2016 #15

DirtyDiana

DirtyDiana

DirtyDiana

Guess you guys see what I'm dealing with! Of course, you know he's onto something, right? I could be biased, but I think Keef's definitely onto something-- just what, I don't know.

16. May 20, 2016 #16

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

LOL DD, he will do it.

17. May 21, 2016 #17

Keef

Keef

Keef

Rose --D.D. --U guys are too kind !--- I may be closer than anyone realizes !--- U know I got this head injury and sometimes ----I don't know how to explain it !--- Sometimes I know stuff I shouldn't know !--- When I first started researching this genetic doubling I became very frustrated ---- Then one night my Muse came to me and I saw stuff !--- No dialog just a series of pictures !--- I couldn't even understand most of it but I got a handle on it now !--- Probably just a glitch in the way my brain rewired itself after the fall !--

This batch of seed is ready to be treated tommorrow! --- Maybe I find my Frankenplant that produces this twinned Cannabinoid compounds !-- I predict they will have a PROFOUND effect on the mind !--In a good way !--
    Now it's time for me to drag myself back to bed !-- I got a Monster to make tommorrow!

Just wanted to say the reason I put this thread under breeding is that there just isn't a right place to put this !

18. May 21, 2016 #18

Keef

Keef

Keef

It has begun !-- We making a Monster today !

19. May 22, 2016 #19

Keef

Keef

Keef

The treated sprouts will come out the Zombie Juice 9am central time tomorrow! --They get a long rinse and by early afternoon the sprouts will be in peat cups of seed starting soil in ambient light --- 2 weeks most will be dead --6 or so will struggle to survive !-- I move the survivors to aero !-- Then next month's we do it again tweaking the Zombie Juice depending on what I see !--- I have no intention of only making one !-- I'd never know if there is something different to be found !--

20. May 22, 2016 #20

Keef

Keef

Keef

They in the rinse !--- I had to take them to the edge of death -- This "Zombie Juice I use interfers with cell wall synthesis in a dividing cell -- We want both sets of DNA in one big cell !-- For now I have to leach as much of the poison off as possible !--- The sprouts are in a knee high hose with a constant stream of RO water for hours !--- The peat cups are ready -- They go in after the rise and it's out of my hands !---We wait to see if the gods of science smiles on my work !