Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GanjaGuru

Reaction score
Steven Kenneth Staley, now 43, was convicted of murder and sentenced to die. However, phycologists have determined that Mr. Staley is mentally ill, and the US Supreme Court has ruled that states cannot execute the mentally ill.
"The solution, declared state judge Wayne Salvant in April, is for the state to inject Staley with enough psychotropic medicine to make him sufficiently sane to understand why he is going to die, at which point he can be killed." [Fort Worth Star Telegram, 4-15-06]

Your comments invited.

thats in-humane, how are you gonna hold a mentaly ill person accountable? I think they should keep them in prison under medical watch.

my first question would be what kind of mental illness? there are many sicknesses that are so vastly different its hard to say without knowing fully whats wrong with the man

now...as for what they are doing...does seem highly inhumane and at best highly questionable ethically and morally ...can't say i agree with it (knowing only the facts you posted bring me to this conclusion)

I'm don't think that's right but I can't say what is in this situation either.

I'm sorry but i believe in an eye for an eye no matter what. Anyone can say a person is mental to save their life. I say fry his ass. :eek:

I agree with Lunatic. Need way more information before I could post an opinion. I agree with the death penalty, but curcimstances should be taken into account.

If this is all the info then. No Death. Life in a Jail for the mentally insane.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
I'm sorry but i believe in an eye for an eye no matter what. Anyone can say a person is mental to save their life. I say fry his ass. :eek:

Amazing, I didn't know there were many pot smokers like you.
What about torturing to death (executing) people with broken legs who disobey an order to "run", you in favor of that?
I'm also curious, since you mentioned Jewish law, if you've ever done ANY labor on the Sabbath (Saturday) or eaten pork, both forbidden by Jewish law? If so, are you in favor of you being tortured to death?

I'm stunned that ANY pot smoker can advocate making a mentally ill person sane for a few minutes in order to kill him is a good idea.

I seem to remember another guy who advocated killing the mentally ill. You may have heard of him, his initials were A.H.

I have to retort.
Is A sociopath a mentally ill person?

Ted Bundy, Jeff Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy?

would medication and therapy helped these guys? but should they not be held accountable?

Are we talking mentally ill or mentally disabled?
What was the diagnosis from the Psych.?
What were the details of the murder? Was it Heinous or act of anger?
Need details.....

You hit a very very sensitive subject here Ganja. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread.

No name callin people....Keep it freindly

good morning my brothers .like the man said keep it freindly,and have a smoke filled day ,PEACE,LOVE,RASTAFARI (amazing what some (good) morning sex can do for your mindset,,,hahaha

well, if the dude is like Gacy and Dahmer then yes! people that like to kill in cold blood or child rapiest should be taken from society for the simple fact that even they say they can't controll their urges to engage in random murders or have countless child victims, plus all those people act and go on with every day living aware of things around them. But if the guy has Down Syndrome or a mental illness were he can't takle of him self and is not aware of every day living then no, people like that need to be taken care of, so they won't hurt themseleves or anyone eles. I don't like violence and lke Rasta says "PEACE,LOVE,RASTAFARI"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?????? is it more just to kill someone, (execute) or lock them in a cell for the rest of there life,,,,i did 3 1/1 years in a cell and would rather be executed then do life with no parole ,,,i agree we need more info (his lawyer could be trying to say hes crazy because of marijuana and LSD use ,,we both know thats bullshit,,,either way the person he killed aint coming back

GanjaGuru said:
Amazing, I didn't know there were many pot smokers like you.
What about torturing to death (executing) people with broken legs who disobey an order to "run", you in favor of that?
I'm also curious, since you mentioned Jewish law, if you've ever done ANY labor on the Sabbath (Saturday) or eaten pork, both forbidden by Jewish law? If so, are you in favor of you being tortured to death?

I'm stunned that ANY pot smoker can advocate making a mentally ill person sane for a few minutes in order to kill him is a good idea.

I seem to remember another guy who advocated killing the mentally ill. You may have heard of him, his initials were A.H.
There are not many pot smokers like me for one. You posted the thread and i gave my 2 cents. GG let's try and stick with the story. This is about a guy who killed not about jews or broken legs. Why did he kill? how did he kill? what reason? Do you have any answers?

If it were "your" brother, child, sister or mother, that he killed in a "mental moment", any of you would be screaming for the oppurtunity to "flip the switch." You can 'say' that you wouldn't, that you would be forgiving, compassionate and understanding, but I'd call you a liar.
The taking of an innocent life should carry heavy consequences.

Well what about Andrea Yates? She commited the ultimate crime...she killed all five of her innocent children! Tell me....what "sane" person could be capable of drowing their children one by one? Yet she sits in a prison for life. Get it right people!

So what then of Susan Smith you ask? Let the guilty ***** rot for life, they should've fried her.

Or....maybe the point is, if the state is going to put you to death for a crime, possibly they want that person to be fully "aware" of the damage they caused. I'm sure if someone I loved was to kill someone while under the influence, I would be screaming "rehabilitation". depends from what side of the fence you stand.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
There are not many pot smokers like me for one. You posted the thread and i gave my 2 cents. GG let's try and stick with the story. This is about a guy who killed not about jews or broken legs. Why did he kill? how did he kill? what reason? Do you have any answers?

I didn't bring up Jewish law; you did.
What I took exception was your statement that all mentally ill people were 'faking it" and we should "fry em all".
I don't know the details of who how and why he killed. With a mentally ill person, there is often no reason, or at least the only reason exists in that persons head. Like maybe, like the biblican Abraham, he heard God's voice telling him to kill.
I'll do some research on this case and see what I can find out.
I think it is barbaric to execute people who do not have the capacity to tell right from wrong or reality from fantasy. In fact, I--like the people in most countries--am against capital punishment.

Hick, you're wrong.
I did lose someone in my family, to serial killer wm. bonin. While I would have liked being left alone in his cell with him and kick the crap out of him, I did not change my views on the death penalty.

I'll elaborate later, tell you what I think we should do to people who KNOW what they're doing is wrong and do it anyway.

Latest posts

Back