Thai_User First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thai_User

Not really sure
Reaction score
First things first. I had a thread in Sick Plants and got a lot of help for a plant that after reading quite a bit in here I should probably discard. If it improves I will post some pics but it doesn't look good. So here's what I got going now. 3 plants from bagseed and some supposed quality seeds coming from a from a friend tomorrow. I would like to have maybe 5 more plants. My initial idea was to use a wardrobe closet upstairs that is about 2'x3'x4' tall. It already has one small flourescent so adding more lights would be a snap. But my girlfriend (who smoked leaves off of my sick plant:eek:), believe it or not, I think has a better location. Our downstairs shower. We never use it and it is quite a bit cooler than the wardrobe. My plan is to do 24/0 veg under cfls and probably move to our outside balcony for flower. My friend does all of his on his balcony and insists I should move out there for flower. However I am not sold on this idea yet. Attached are the 3 plants and a pic of the shower. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks again all that have helped so far and thanks in particular for those who have taken the time to document their techniques. I am so glad I found this forum as it has really given me enthusiasm.

001.jpg

007.jpg

Went out and got some lights today. I got 4 1600 lumen cfls hung on a shower rod. Supposed to get some more seeds tonight and would like to have maybe 5 more. I know I will need some more lights but I am undecided on what to buy. I think I might just double up on what I got now. Will be a total of 12,800 lumens. The space is 2'x3'x8'. Still have to do something for the wall sufaces and I couldnt find any reflectors for the lights. So I am thinking of 2 more shower rods and and a piece of plywood or something with the same surface as the walls for a movable ceiling. How far should I keep these 25w bulbs away from the plants?

Edit: Thanks Melissa for answering the distance question in another thread.

Picture 002.jpg

hey thai wellcome
1 thing ill say about ur setup is that its very workable to get a decent harvest..with the tiles on the wallS it shud keep ur tempS on point and bein in the bathroom u shud have A humidity at around 50%..
u gonna use cfl's for flower or just for veg?
GL

sillysara said:
u gonna use cfl's for flower or just for veg?
GL

Thanks SS. I am not sure. Was at my friends place last night and he has several plants in flower and all outdoors. They look quite nice. Only his second grow. Also we smoked some from his first grow and not bad at all. And he gave me another plant (pic below), seeds, and a nice bag to smoke.:banana:

So i am not really sure what I going to do for flower. Probably outside. My only concern is that it's going to quite a bit warmer out there.

Got some seeds germinating now and the babies are looking real happy with the new lights.:D

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

Hi Thai

You need to cover those seeds to make them germinate.

Thanks Hippy. I have a big beer mug covering them....just took it off for the pic.

Thai I did see the ring mark, you need the seeds covered with the paper too, all your doing is wetting the bottom of the seed, the top will be bone dry and hard and the seeds will not open, the whole seed needs to be covered with wet paper then covered so it is in the dark :)

About using the adjustable shower rod for holding the clamps/lights. Fortunately I bought a good one. Stays real tight against the walls. Because what a bummer it would be come into your grow room and see the lights have crushed all of your plants:eek: :holysheep::fid:.

So if anyone decides to this, do yourself a favor and buy a good one.

keep in mind if u flower with hps it will just b as hot inside as outside unless u have a A/C..better off outside less risk..as u know..best luck ;) ill be watching..:D

Is this Thai sativa strain seeds you are germinating ? or just bag seeds from your smoke ? ....i got a hybrid Thai/HinduKush clone from my friend's mother plant ...too bad i messed it up somehow and it's turn out to be hermie with stressed. I did some research also .....that Thai sativa strain are very potential with hermie trait ...with or without stresses or light leak . So if you are growing some thai babies there ......you really have to keep an eyes on them .....more challenging task but ....thai buds are great man . I will check your gj occasionally .....so keep us all updated with pics ok . Best of luck ....!

AsianSky said:
Is this Thai sativa strain seeds you are germinating ? or just bag seeds from your smoke ?

It's all bag seed. I feel like you are right about these plants being shocked easily. However due to my inexperience I can't say either way.Thanks AS.

Well, 13 days and it seems pretty slow. Germination failed and I am trying again. This time with TOA's method.

One plant seems to be doing great and I don't know about the other two. One of em is growings some more leaves finally and the other one the leaves are getting brown tips and curling down. I think I may have waited too long to water. I waited about 5 days and the soil still appeared to be moist, but upon closer examination it was pretty dry. I think I got a bit paranoid from reading about overwatering here. :joint:

Have fun!

001.jpg

Hey bud, i been looking at your journal for awhile and havent see any update infos or pics about your babies yet . So how is everything going on for you ? Hope they are growing big and fat eh! Hit us up alright bud ! Hear from ya soon !

Asian Sky, thanks for checking in. How's it going? :D

Actually two of the three are sick and I've just about given up one em. But the 3d one is looking really good. It's a month old and about 9 inches tall (23 cm) and a nice thick stalk. From what I have seen roaming around this forum that seems like very good growth particulary with the cheap lighting system I am using.

Germination failed on me again and I just don't understand it. The first time I tried (how I got these plants) 3 out 5 worked. Oh well, I got some more going in the old paper towel trick so we'll see how that goes.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Latest posts

Back