Thanksgiving dinner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SKAGITMAGIC

We've been adding Sturgeon to our Thanksgiving Menu, and everyone just loves it, The nephew likes to Deep Fry his turkeys and when he's done there's a half hour cool down period before you carve the bird. We've been useing that half hour to deep fry big chunks of sturgeon, the're a boneless fish, It's so good, and so much fun catching them, I got a 66 inch fish yesterday and my Bro got a 55 incher on fri. anything over 60 you have to throw back!! This plane landed in the river, kinda cool,

P1120560.JPG

P1120559.JPG

yee-haw. how long it take to get that big motha in the boat? never caught a sturgeon. dnr is way too hinky up here to even bother with them. i'm a pan fish kinda guy myself. not much restrictions on panfish really, so i don't get bothered with. the great lakes arent so great for us fishermen no more. i'm feeling way over regulated...

so thats the new turkey eh? lol. i'm having ham i raised and butchered myself for thanksgiving. the only time we cook a turkey is when i win a tag in a lottery and shoot it myself...yep, way over regulated...

sturgeon is one heck of a fish brotha!!! we used to serve the heck out of it at a restaurant i used to cook at in downtown seattle

Wow that is a huge fish! The biggest one ive caught was a two foot bluefish and it looks pretty small compared to that sturgeon.

YYZ Skinhead said:
Do they let you keep the female sturgeons (possibly with caviar)?
They don't get sexually mature till there around 7 feet long, and its illegal to keep them,if you keep one thats way to big, they call it Flagrant!! , and can just take your boat, I have seen it happen. The Mrs. says she'd skin me, and I do catch my 5 legal size ones, sadly my biggest fish saturday my face shows or I'd post it!! It was a pig, 75, 80 pounds, ya they fight super hard.

Kushluvr said:
sturgeon is one heck of a fish brotha!!! we used to serve the heck out of it at a restaurant i used to cook at in downtown seattle

If you see it fresh at Pike Place it's around 18 bucks a pound. Even in Illwaco it's that much.

SKAGITMAGIC said:
If you see it fresh at Pike Place it's around 18 bucks a pound. Even in Illwaco it's that much.

yeah....only a tourist would silly enough to pay that! haha!

Do you guys have any good brook trout out there Skagit? I do mostly stream and brook fishing and love it. Lots of Rainbow and brown trout usually 12 inches or less.

Hey Irish, My brother said it was about 40 minutes, he missed it with the tailer his first chance and it took another 10 minutes to get him back to the boat!!

maineharvest said:
Do you guys have any good brook trout out there Skagit? I do mostly stream and brook fishing and love it. Lots of Rainbow and brown trout usually 12 inches or less.

All the litlle creeks and rivers have little trout in them. The old TarHeels around here call em Montana black spot. To me they look like a cross between a German Brown and a cutthroat, Lot's of Steelhead fishing year round in the Skagit!! God created herb for fisherman, something to do between bites. My family even calls it fisherman's helper. I've been really lucky to have landed here, killer mountains like the sierra's 20 minutes to the east and a Saltwater paradise in Puget Sound called the San Juan Islands, 20 minutes to the west. Them Whale War guys on TV, the're home port is in the San Juans,

Latest posts

Back