THC Bomb hermied, keep a clone Mom?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Poet

Reaction score
Fellow enthusiasts,

I ordered THC Bomb seeds and they hermied on me. I kept a clone mother taken from before flip but am worried 'why' they hermied.
If the strain is prone to hermie, I'll just trash it but was it my fault?
A light leak for example...
If so, the clone mother may be alright but if not it would waste two months to find out.
Mt first inclination is to trash the strain and I probably will. But I was wanting advise from folks with more knowledge and experience.

Thank you...

...the Poet

Did you have a light leak? Too high of heat? If not and it hermied under regular growing conditions I would toss it. If I had those things going on then I would try the mom and watch closely. That is just my opinion... Nice to see you again Poet.

how long till it hermied plants will sometimes do that if left to long in flowering or could be a light leak or other factors

I personally would get rid of anything that hermied. There are simply too many really stable strains out there to have to stress over a plant hermying and pollinating an entire crop.

Did you have a light leak? Too high of heat? If not and it hermied under regular growing conditions I would toss it. If I had those things going on then I would try the mom and watch closely. That is just my opinion... Nice to see you again Poet.

I was just going to advice sitting in your flower room with lights off.

The reason I mentioned a 'light leak' is during my early 'learning phase' I left the door open too much and ran my overhead light while reading or surfing and 'may very well have been responsible for a light leak'. In fact I am sure my set up let light in and if light leaks do cause hermie-ing then I'll keep the THC Bomb clone and run another batch of them to confirm this.

The Bomb has very few seeds and is so good a toke or two an hour is enough! Even lightly seeded it is killer **** and I appreciate the advise to give her another chance.

Thank you...

...The Poet

my opinion id run them again light leak could have easily caused it to hermi

I used towels and duct tape in my first grow to make it completely dark. The dark period is really important.

I've sprayed black paint in all the right places. Oh yeah cover led and LCD displays on heaters, timers, etc.

Light leaks more often cause plants to not flower correctly. It is more dark interruptions that give you hermies. I will repeat--there are too many stable strains out there to keep something that hermies on you. I also noted that you said "they" hermied on you , like more than 1 plant. The first time you end up with an entire crop that is seeded, you will understand why I personally throw anything that hermies in the compost bin.

I have on occasion left my door to the flowering room open and not had hermies. My plants get stressed in other ways when real live interferes with my growing life. We are not infallible and are going to make mistakes and I want strains that can take that and not start throwing nanners. I don't really understand where all the hermy genetics are coming from. Ten to 15 years ago, I never saw hermies.

Latest posts

Back