THC removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flemmboo

Reaction score
Dear all

I’m new to the forum and have a question I’m sure some of you will know the answer to.

I’m familiar with removing thc to become compline with the EU market for cbd flowers. CO2 is the most popular but also butane and even ethanol are being used BUT there is a much simpler way but I’m not sure what it is.

What I know is that the buds are not exposed to any gas or ethanol and the method is fairly quick (like 1/2 day). Best part is that not much CBD is being lost even thc is taken from 0.7 to 0.2

cuold this be something with exposing the buds to light or something completely different? Anyone knows ?
Thanks a million

flemmboo

who the hail knows , co2 extraction?

but hey , why not just grow hemp for cbd oil?

Dear all

I’m new to the forum and have a question I’m sure some of you will know the answer to.

I’m familiar with removing thc to become compline with the EU market for cbd flowers. CO2 is the most popular but also butane and even ethanol are being used BUT there is a much simpler way but I’m not sure what it is.

What I know is that the buds are not exposed to any gas or ethanol and the method is fairly quick (like 1/2 day). Best part is that not much CBD is being lost even thc is taken from 0.7 to 0.2

cuold this be something with exposing the buds to light or something completely different? Anyone knows ?
Thanks a million

flemmboo
Look into UV light exposure it degrades THCA into THC then into CBD
Is It Possible To Damage Your Weed By Leaving It In The Sun? — Local Roots

who the hail knows , co2 extraction?

but hey , why not just grow hemp for cbd oil?

Because the EU strains are quite low in CBD and if we use Swiss strains with 18%+ CBD we can afford to loose a few pct when bringing the thc from the (legal) 0.7-0.8% in Switzerland to 0.2% in EU and keep a premium product

Because the EU strains are quite low in CBD and if we use Swiss strains with 18%+ CBD we can afford to loose a few pct when bringing the thc from the (legal) 0.7-0.8% in Switzerland to 0.2% in EU and keep a premium product

so what you are saying is you cannot purchase higher cbd genetics in Switzerland?

I actually read it as the opposite:

EU strains have very low CBD. Swiss strains are much higher at 18%+ CBD, but the amount of THC in Swiss strains (0.7-0.8%) is higher than what is legal in the EU (0.2%). If the OP can figure out a way to lower the THC in the Swiss bud, then it would be considered a premium CBD bud when sold in the EU.

Is that right, OP?

Dear all

Thanks a million

flemmboo
I asked a friend and he thought the same maybe using Light to degrade the samples

also recommended another site for you too.
There could be some light treatment that you could use, maybe UV which degrades THC but not CBD so much. You've only got a small amount to remediate there so it shouldn't be difficult. I don't believe you're going to find much about that here at GC but I can refer you to another website of professional extractors of cannabis/hemp and they should have some info to help you. You'll need to use the search bar to search for "THC remediation". There are a lot of folks there familiar with EU, CAN and US hemp and cannabis compliance. That website is called Future4200.com.

I asked a friend and he thought the same maybe using Light to degrade the samples

also recommended another site for you too.
There could be some light treatment that you could use, maybe UV which degrades THC but not CBD so much. You've only got a small amount to remediate there so it shouldn't be difficult. I don't believe you're going to find much about that here at GC but I can refer you to another website of professional extractors of cannabis/hemp and they should have some info to help you. You'll need to use the search bar to search for "THC remediation". There are a lot of folks there familiar with EU, CAN and US hemp and cannabis compliance. That website is called Future4200.com.

Fantastic Rosterman. Thanks a million. I know at this point it’s UV. What I don’t know is watt, time etc. I’m sure I’ll find out there.
Have a great weekend

Flemming

Fantastic Rosterman. Thanks a million. I know at this point it’s UV. What I don’t know is watt, time etc. I’m sure I’ll find out there.
Have a great weekend

Flemming
OK no Problem
Just remember to come back and let us know what you learn and hang with the gang,

Latest posts

Back