The 400 watt pound

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoulda fliped it around,,would look like a beard.

DrFever said:
From all the knowledge and experience Ive gained amigo.......... GPW is easy peasy japanesey....... you need to make sure your media is providing enough room for a gpw (freedom bucket) i use 34 gallon totes and assuming all your other s h i t
is on point, like you have at least 800-1800 ppm of co2 floating around your room, you know the strain fairly well and your ventilation is taken care of....... then we move on to the light maximization........ you need to figure out, how you want to pull a GPW........ can be done one of a few ways......
SCROG, SOG, LST, SUPerCropping..... if you scrog, make sure you fill the entire screen before flipping....... in SOG, make sure you have enough plants to make the grade...... and LST/Supercropping is just a matter of knowing how you want your plant to look when its flowering...... your bucket or container has to be of a size that will hold plants with a gpw's root systems.
So the bigger the better makes a HUGE diff...... and after that its just a matter of Dialing your strain.... seeing what it needs and when it needs it! The whole thing is most people don't have the patience..... they want to pull that GPW on a SOG......
its totally possible but its really hard, especially when your doing it with multiple strains, you need to know exactly what those ladies want, when they want it, and you gotta give it to em with no delay or stressing.... the less stress the higher the yield...... but I think a better bet is to do a few trained plants under a SCrog..... too few will make it harder to exact the higher yields, and too many will diminish light dist and yields per plant....... fill that screen and flower........ your bud sizes and yield is relative get your buds as big as your wrist and I highly doubt you will get less that 1gpw!
Norcal not sure how long you been into this but i have done this for a living atleast 20 years of my life now its just a hobby.
The few commercial folks I know of like i once was..... are too afraid to go on the computer and do anything for fear of being watched with new law changes anything over certain plant count is BIG JAIL TIMES
I'm sorry you don't believe my numbers again to me it doesn't matter really and feel sorry that you can't achieve GPW i know if i couldn't then it wouldn't be a profitable business and not worth the time and risk
Happy growings

I believe you are getting great yields Sir, that I have no doubt.
And yes, there are a number of ways to hit that mark. Container Size is not the key, that's for sure. I regulary hit 8 oz plants in 7 gal containers with minimal veg time, 4 per 1000w. Been doing this a long time too Sir. 25 years now, 14 professionally.

I do concede and am not wanting to get into a pissing contest with you man, as I said before, I can see you have skillz, but your method is not the only way to acheive great results and is the best way to go.

I read somewhere where you posted that you ran a 100 lighter, and pulled 80 p's, I would freak out. As you stated, it is much harder to acheive stellar results the bigger you go, but you should allways hit well above that, allways.
Smaller grows allows the grower more time to manipulate thier garden to maximise yields Bigger gardens, it is all you can do to keep them decent and train them as best you can.

You confused me with the CO2 and Ventalation? Why Vent when gassing? Unless that was your means of controlling temps and RH. I run my rooms completely sealed, no venting, huge AC's and Dehumidifiers. For me, venting to control temps/RH is wasting gas and not maximising CO2.

I scrogged/Sogged also for many years. Got to be a pain. I perfer lst and stakin'up if needed. I really like to move my plants time to time, and scrogs lock em in. Different strokes for different folks.

I got pictures too! http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=58518&d=1210100100

Nor cal that grow with all the power was Vietnamese grow i just consuted it was infested with spidermites Over the last five years, organized criminal groups based in Canada have emerged as suppliers of marijuana to the United States, exercising control over production, transportation and financing. Many of these groups traffic several types of drugs. There is evidence that the proceeds generated from the sale of Canadian-produced marijuana in the United States are sometimes used to finance other illicit activities, including the purchase of cocaine and other drugs to smuggle northbound into Canada. DEA reporting indicates that traffickers occasionally exchange cocaine at a rate of four to eight pounds of Canadian-produced marijuana for one kilogram of cocaine.

The involvement of outlaw motorcycle gangs (OMGs) in the marijuana trade is well documented in law enforcement and intelligence reporting. However, DEA reporting indicates that in the United States, the threat of marijuana smuggling across the Canada-U.S. border posed by Vietnamese and other Asian criminal organizations has surpassed that posed by OMGs. These groups are highly organized and transport large quantities of marijuana across the border into the United States.

To address the organized crime element behind the proliferation of marijuana grow operations in Canada, the RCMP is establishing enforcement teams across the country to identify and dismantle these threats. A National Coordinator oversees the activities conducted by these special investigative teams, which are currently active in British Columbia, Alberta, and Quebec. Additional teams to cover Ontario and Canada's Atlantic provinces are expected to be operational in April 2005.

i don;t screw around with that crap anymore i value my families lifes in a billion dollar business

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2015001/Largest-marijuana-plantation-hidden-black-netting-Mexican-desert[/url].

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2262299/DEA-busts-drug-alliance-mafia-bikers-cartel-responsible-supplying-New-York-City-nearly-billion-dollars-marijuana[/url]
One would think between mexico and canadian mj coming in the 100's of thousands of metric tons there appears to be good growers all over

DrFever said:
One would think between mexico and canadian mj coming in the 100's of thousands of metric tons there appears to be good growers all over

Not Really, we can spot that Brick weed from Mexico or the Beaster swag from Canada a mile away. That is why it HAS to go to the Eastern States, as that herb gets no play in the west.

Just Sayin'

Lucky for us, there is no Organized Crime in California......:rolleyes:

I love that stemmy, seedy, sage brush that comes out of Mexico :) It makes my bud that much more prized in comparrison. I can hardly keep up with the demand and that is just in a tight closed loop of people. :) And I can't even mention my hash without getting pummelled by people wanting to buy all of my hash before I can set aside any for myself. :shocked:

damn man wheres the pics? i wanted to see how this guy pulled a pound out of a 2X4 tent with a 400 watt light lmao:rolleyes:

This method looks like it would get some pretty good grams per watt numbers. I afraid to even ask what the grams per dollar would be though. This just seems too expensive and nobody wants to get ripped off by Advanced Nutes anymore.

I like nouvellechef's recipe a lot more lol

Gary Ganja said:
damn man wheres the pics? i wanted to see how this guy pulled a pound out of a 2X4 tent with a 400 watt light lmao:rolleyes:

:yeahthat: :yeahthat:

NorCalHal said:
Not Really, we can spot that Brick weed from Mexico or the Beaster swag from Canada a mile away. That is why it HAS to go to the Eastern States, as that herb gets no play in the west.

Just Sayin'

Lucky for us, there is no Organized Crime in California......:rolleyes:

Believe it or not,,the Brick weed is not very popular in the east anymore. I havent even heard of it around Dallas area in along time. Most everyone I know buys only the Good Stuff. Im not sure I could make myself smoke that crap weed. Id rather have an *** wupen.:D

Mexican weed makes up the majority of the marijuana south of the Mason Dixon line. The wide availability, cheap price, bang for the buck, and proximity to Mexico all contribute to preferences. But the bottom line is most folks would rather spend one hundred dollars for an ounce of schwag than 100 bucks for a quarter of Beaster, which by the time it gets this far south is often not much more potent bowl for bowl than a good bag of schwag.

Prior to the 60's Mexican was practically all anyone had. 5 finger lids from south of the border, untrimmed, sometimes even males included. The counterculture explosion had not happened yet, so for the most part exotic foreign strains were unheard of. As the culture expanded and a sudden gigantic market for marijuana developed the import came from increasingly distant locales. As hippies traveled and learned more about other cultures they became familiar with the potent flower tops sold by Mexican healers and bruha's (witch doctors) at rural markets, and a more knowledgeable smoking culture was beginning.

Mexico was on the verge of a revolution, and rural farmers were finding ways to finance their ideas now with marijuana. The Mexican goverment began an intensive crackdown along with US assistance in trying to spray fields with "paraquat", a dangerous herbicide with many health risks. Most of the herb was grown at altitudes too high to reach and very little of it was affective. In reality very little paraquat infested bud made it into the US but it nevertheless did scare many smokers away. As Mexico got more highways and roads it became easier to police, and discourage marijuana growing, and new political incentives helped bring a dramatic slow down to Mexican marijuana production. It was during this time when Mexico could no longer be the main commerical provider that Colombia began replacing it. So with the smaller corner of the market it had Mexico began to produce larger amounts of the higher quality varieties such as the legendary Highland Oaxaca Gold, and Acapulco Gold instead of commercial strains it had been exporting. Other notables of the time in Mexico were Guerreran Green, Zacatecas Purple, Tijuana Brown, Michoacan spears, and many more.

Today the situation faced by Mexican commercial smokers has changed. The name strains are gone but the commercial quality is higher. To compete with other nations export Mexico began using new genetics, trimming their harvest much better, and removing most of the males to cut down on seeds. Todays mexican has dramatically improved over what smokers remember from the earliest bags of the 60s. Beginning in the early 80's non native phenos started showing up common in imports. First colombian commercial types, and then indica/commercial bug made it to mexico as well as many other nations. By '85-'90 when Mexico took over the commercial production back from Colombia most of the regional strains were gone.

The product today is usually bricked, maybe 5 seeds per dime, usually heavily sativa leaning hybrids, However bags of touched up indica are not uncommon. Probably somewhere around 20-40% of Mexican import is no longer native genes. However this does not change the fact that at least half of Mexican import IS still pure native strains and classic varieties including large amounts of oaxacas, golds, and lower amounts of zacatecas purple, michoacan, etc. are still somewhat common. Bare in mind the genes are RARELY completely pure. Not to say it doesn't happen, but when I say native I mean its a native Mexican strain, with a very small percentage of something else mixed in with it and is usually 60-90% sativa. In the 80's they were experimenting with indicas, but most of them have been crossed and recrossed back to the sativas they came from. It shortened flower time and added a bit of yield but is still very sativa.

Im not sure who the Majority in the South is, that their selling it to. I know alotta stoners,,and NONE of them are buying that crap anymore around Dallas. Maybe in the Hood,,but not main stream. I know several PPL who used to sale the ****,,and NONE of them sale it anymore. The good Stuff from Cali and Colorado is to easy to get ahold of around here nowdays. When Colorado went legal,,things really started popping around here fast. Lots of Peeps are bringing it in from Colorado.

Shouldn't this bud be dry by now?

2nd that ross... I'd sure like to see it. Because if a 400 in a 4x2 is pullin' an L than I can't wait to see what my new system does in my 4x4 with 1k ..... mmmm

Chief Setting:stoned: says Him blow'm smoke'm, no one'm toke'm an'm left''m. Like fart i wind

I have grown for over 3 decades. And I have to say that I can not even begin to imagine a pound bn a 2 x 4 space. A 4 oz plants is a large plant. I am with ozzy.

Latest posts

Back