The Airlift Micro-Organism Tea Brewing Bio-reactor Vortex System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We now have everything built from the top of the bulkhead towards the airlift water tubing and also from the bottom of the tank outward pass the dispensing valve; (towards the airlift water tubing, of which I'm putting together next) The only thing left major is construction of the airlift tube and air entry point itself...I got ahead of myself and didn't take progressive pictures but the steps are simple enough. I apologize....remember nothing is cemented together yet, just a push fit thus far. The airlift tube area starts with a 2 inch PVC section approximately 40 inches long that attaches to a rubber coupling and then a 2 inch PVC- T section with a 2inch PVC coupling on the lower end connecting to a 2 inch 90 degree elbow. At the end of the elbow a section of 2 inch PVC tubing is cut to fit for proper adjusting and spacing, allowing the airlift tubing to fit properly.

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 55
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 47
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 56
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 53
Once you get all this together your next step is to get the air induction spout connected. My choice was the same size hose I had to fit for the reduction and connectors. One 10 foot section of flex pipe was carefully bent to connect at the base of the stand going upward and curve to the bottom of the stand on another leg brace. (I cut about 3 feet of excess.) Brass nipples were used in each end and secured with hose clamps to the flex hose. You don't have to use pipe tape but I did with all of my connections. I placed duct tape around those clamp ends to prevent people from being scratched or cut as I received a 2inch slice. The rest of the hoses were secured with hose clamps as well. Air Induction, Air pump, flex hose and the dispensing port.

Attachments

• air1.jpg
    air1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 47
  • air2.jpg
    air2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 51
  • air3.jpg
    air3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 52
  • air4.jpg
    air4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 43
  • air5.jpg
    air5.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 50
  • air6.jpg
    air6.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 48
  • air7.jpg
    air7.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 52
Once you get all this together your next step is to get the air induction spout connected. My choice was the same size hose I had to fit for the reduction and connectors. One 10 foot section of flex pipe was carefully bent to connect at the base of the stand going upward, over and curve to the bottom of the stand on another leg brace. (I cut about 3 feet of excess.) Brass nipples were used in each end and secured with pipe clamps to the flex hose. You don't have to use pipe tape but I did with all of my connections. I placed duct tape around those clamps to prevent people from being scratched or cut after I received my 2 inch slice. The rest of the hoses were secured with hose clamps as well. Air Induction, Air pump, flex hose and the dispensing port.

Attachments

• air1.jpg
    air1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 45
  • air2.jpg
    air2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 50
  • air3.jpg
    air3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 48
  • air4.jpg
    air4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 49
  • air5.jpg
    air5.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 51
  • air6.jpg
    air6.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 47
  • air7.jpg
    air7.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 55
  • air8.jpg
    air8.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 52
At the bottom of the airlift tube is a piece of PVC tubing I cut and covered with rubber and duct tape to use and brace the long pipe. I don't have a way to secure the long airlift pipe to the frame of the stand, therefore I brace it from the bottom. The vortex created actually moves the tube constantly. I'm pleased so far and thought I'd share a few things I've done out of Marijuana Passion.

To lift the water up the airlift pipe (long PVC) and create the vortex within the teas, I'm using the Eco-plus 7 commercial air pump. This unit is a 200 watt air pump with cylinders and pistons that is quiet for it's size (tolerable in the garage) o_O and 5.1 psi flow of 200 liters per minute. About 53 gallons per minute. It moves a lot air in other words....something to aerate that tea....

Do you have an external pump circulating the tea ?

So the tank creates it own bubbler

There you go buddy.

Attachments

• Brewer1.jpg
    Brewer1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Brewer2.jpg
    Brewer2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Brewer3.jpg
    Brewer3.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 51
Darn Nice Job and Great Tutorial.........................
\

Thanks Stiggy, I just wanted to share what I'd been thru. It was fun to learn. I want to improve things too. This spring should be fun. I have 2 videos but this site said incorrect suffix for this platform. (.mp4)

STIGGY said:
WOW

You should sell they on ebay LOL

I'm just glad to be in a legal state. If and when I garden; it's 2 plants at a time.
Perhaps start with an upgraded unit on ebay.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back