the appreciative lurker...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PUFF MONKEY said:
thats a big arse tent !!!! i was looking at a 10x20 and was thinking about dividing it into my entire lab...

I didnt want to build walls and such. Just in the corner next to the big room. But I changed mind to 2 tents, veg and flower. Experiment tent, then moved to veg and flower in Ebb.

some of us look at cost to bud ratio.and i run a very cheap set up.. i can add a 600w or even a 1000w in my tent .. but for what an xtra oz maybe 2.if lucky.. i would like to say i run my set up to the max and get the max out of it.. at 400w.. 7-10 zips off a 400w is awsome. off 2-4 plants... addding a 1k in there what im gonna get 10-15 oz dout it.. highly dout it..
im not saying more light ist better but im saying anything over 5000 L/per sqft is great.. and sometimes theres such thing as overkill..
LH

kal el said:
I agree, more light is more buds. You can't have too much weed or too many friends.

well kal el..... i dont grow dope for my friends i grow it for myself..
LH

LEFTHAND said:
some of us look at cost to bud ratio.and i run a very cheap set up.. i can add a 600w or even a 1000w in my tent .. but for what an xtra oz maybe 2.if lucky.. i would like to say i run my set up to the max and get the max out of it.. at 400w.. 7-10 zips off a 400w is awsome. off 2-4 plants... addding a 1k in there what im gonna get 10-15 oz dout it.. highly dout it..
im not saying more light ist better but im saying anything over 5000 L/per sqft is great.. and sometimes theres such thing as overkill..
LH

adding a 400 to my 600 gave me an extra 7 oz...IMO well worth the upgrade!

600 will work, but 1k is better...and your only talking an extra 20-30 bucks for 2 months (in electric bill)...so say $60 for 2 months....to get 7 more oz???

and yes...1k in a 4x4 room gave me a little over an elbow, and 22 grams of primo bubble!

I do wish I would have went 5x5 though...because I originaly thought I would light it with just the 600, when the footprint didn't work out the way I wanted it to I added the 400w. Then I believe I would have been able to get closer to the 1g/w

My oppinion....go with the 1k!

an extra 7 z's? looks like i'll be pickin' up the 1k. i have heard the 1k's put off ALOT of heat, reckon a cool tube w/ duct fan would suffice for a 4x4 tent?

I have a 4x4 tent with a 400w light, only been able to do one flower cycle and got 8-9oz out of 4 plants. In hindsight i really wish i had just bought a 600w light. Tent still works great to get ready for summer but just don't have the flower power right now. My opinion just finish out this harvest with what you got then upgrade grab a 600w and then if you wish you had got a 1k then just throw the 400 in with it.

ya.. def go with the 1k.. it def puts out some heat but as long as you got a good cfm fan changin the air out the room atleast once every 3-5 min then your good.. me personally i like to change the air out as much as possible (about 3-4 times a min) but again better to b safe then srry.. happy growin

legalize_freedom said:
adding a 400 to my 600 gave me an extra 7 oz...IMO well worth the upgrade!

600 will work, but 1k is better...and your only talking an extra 20-30 bucks for 2 months (in electric bill)...so say $60 for 2 months....to get 7 more oz???

and yes...1k in a 4x4 room gave me a little over an elbow, and 22 grams of primo bubble!

I do wish I would have went 5x5 though...because I originaly thought I would light it with just the 600, when the footprint didn't work out the way I wanted it to I added the 400w. Then I believe I would have been able to get closer to the 1g/w

bullbeans man.. adding 200 more watts will not give 7 more oz to your crop.. and going to a 1k lamp will not add 7 more oz to the crop.. i can only flower so many plants in 1 area.. and they can only grow to a certain size... so dont sit here and tell me that i would ge 14oz from my 2'x4' tent.. cuz then i know your eye color my friend... brown... cuz your full of shet...
LH

Ok Lefty, lets clear this up. You have 400watts. Then you add 600 more for 1k.

With me?

Even if you only get .5 per watt, 300g

300/28 is 10.7

You dont think 7 is possible?

Wait, in 2x4 or 4x4?

nouvellechef said:
Ok Lefty, lets clear this up. You have 400watts. Then you add 600 more for 1k.

With me?

Even if you only get .5 per watt, 300g

With me?

300/28 is 10.7

With me?

You dont think 7 is possible?

not 7 xtra.. with me...
how the fark do you expect me to pull 14 oz out of a 2'x4' tent wont happen.. just wont.. my lumens per sqft are 6875-8125... off a 400w.. adding in a 1k or a 600w wont add 7oz.. now maybe in a 4x4 tent yes.. but in a 4x4 tent a 600w is more then efficent.. and adding in a 1k will only increase yeild by 1-2 oz... from your regular crop.. and less fluff..
LH

What? So 400 extra watts in a 4x4 is less than 60g? It does not come down to plants production at this point. You are correct that genetically it can only yield so much. But the density of the nugs takes over now in weight. I can tell you right now in a 4x4 area increasing the lighting 400 watts will put out 60g for someone that F's up the PH. A skilled grower that tops and has canopy control will yield much much more. Feel me? Or no?

nouvellechef said:
What? So 400 extra watts in a 4x4 is less than 60g? It does not come down to plants production at this point. You are correct that genetically it can only yield so much. But the density of the nugs takes over now in weight. I can tell you right now in a 4x4 area increasing the lighting 400 watts will put out 60g for someone that F's up the PH. A skilled grower that tops and has canopy control will yield much much more. Feel me? Or no?

see thats different logic man.. totally different.. 4x4 area which buddy has.. cannot be flowered by a 400w.. but a 600w will do him just fine.. and like you said.. topping to create more surface area will produce more.. thats because of more surface area.. more light to leaf ratio..
for ME to add 200w to 800 more watts in my tent will not give me 7 xtra OZ's maybe 2 xtra... going from a 600w in a 4x4 to 1k will not add a xtra 7oz's... just dencer nugs.. in which wont add up to 7-10 xtra oz's... thats just dreaming..
LH

I think your wrong, IMO. A decent grower adding 400 watts, canopy control, in a 4x4 area will increase yield by 200g.

nouvellechef said:
I think your wrong, IMO. A decent grower adding 400 watts, canopy control, in a 4x4 area will increase yield by 200g.

You think everyone is wrong. so if i add 3k in a 4x4 will i get 2 pounds maybe 3 even??.. you should beable to pull out 14-16 oz's from a 4x4.with a 600w or even a 1k light.. if im pulling out 7-10 oz's in a 2x4.... the only difference will be density.. which adds a LITTLE bit of weight.. alot of you say its a waste of time to grow with anythign under a 600w... which i also think is false...
LH

Density adds more weight than your thinking homey. All good though, everyone gets there opinion.

nouvellechef said:
Density adds more weight than your thinking homey. All good though, everyone gets there opinion.

OH really i thought an airy fluffy bud would weigh.. come on now.. im not stupid.. homey.. dont call me homey.. LH or sir... will do thanx.. miss.
everyone does get there opinion.. but you always contridic everyones opinion..
LH

Thats what opinions are about. Makes a good discussion, disagreement, etc. Fun. I think someones 400watt feelings are hurt?

Latest posts

Back