The Approach

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2qwic2c

How do you ask someone if they smoke weed without coming out and asking them...I am looking for some smoking buddies because most of my friends fell to the concept of "Reefer Madness" when they were young and now won't touch the stuff the problem is that I dont want to ask the wrong person and end up getting busted or something like that.....I know this may sound like a stupid question but I thought I would pose it to the experts....

well dude, I can spot a smoker pretty quick. just by there attitude. If I missinterpret ussually they are cool about it even if they don't. but getting busted? damn man. your not gonna get busted just by asking. "does anyone one a smoke a doobie?" you just gotta get a feel for the people your around.
Guess a good way is to bring up a tidbit of news like the wonderful ldylunatic posts everyday. then you can get a feel just by normal conversation. ;) you'll find out fast who's cool and whos not by the convo. just my thought. and Med. MJ is antional news right now. so you would not be off base by bringing it up. I do with a lot of non-understanding people. the more people you show the truth the better anyway.

Yeah I guess I was being overly paranoid about this thanks for the input though! :D

I had a person actually start smoking a joint during a conversation we were having while at the dog park one day. The person does have a med card, but I guess I just look like someone who does enjoy the herb...:D

i used to be as scared as you to ask people if they smoked...but now i have long gotten over that fear by just forging forward and asking

i do think most people view a "casul smoker" in the same way one might a "casual drinker" ...no harm just a relaxing/social thing

after you get over the inital fear of asking the first one or two people...it gets easier...and you'd be surprised some of the people who enjoy a smoke....but are maybe just like you...a little hesitant to ask ;)

Act like you know what you're doing. That always goes a long way. Half the crowd will normally line up to take their hit. The other half can usually care less. My announcement is usually, "Would anyone like to smoke some very tasty marijuana with me?" As if to say, "I'm gonna smoke some doobage with or without you." I think pot doesn't carry the same shock value it used to. I hope the folks are more accepting than have been in the past.

"So, you get high or anything?"

Reverend Willis said:
Act like you know what you're doing. That always goes a long way. Half the crowd will normally line up to take their hit. The other half can usually care less. My announcement is usually, "Would anyone like to smoke some very tasty marijuana with me?" As if to say, "I'm gonna smoke some doobage with or without you." I think pot doesn't carry the same shock value it used to. I hope the folks are more accepting than have been in the past.

Agreeing with the Rev, I had a hard time when I worked with law enforcement people, never was trusting of anyone. My co-workers always thought I was a *****, but I couldn't trust any of them and be myself, you know, open myself up...now I don't give a crap and I just smoke anywhere, with anyone I want, and anytime I feel the need...:cool:

See much like Bmello up here the reason I asked the question is because I work in a Law Firm and ppl here can be a little uptight about Weed...but now I can see that it cant be as bad as I thought :)

bmello said:
Agreeing with the Rev, I had a hard time when I worked with law enforcement people, never was trusting of anyone. My co-workers always thought I was a *****, but I couldn't trust any of them and be myself, you know, open myself up...now I don't give a crap and I just smoke anywhere, with anyone I want, and anytime I feel the need...:cool:
Atta girl, Beatrice. Smoke 'em if you got 'em and fork 'em if they can't take a joke. I've never worked around the law enforcement crowd but I imagine it would be tricky finding a fellow smoker or trusting someone within that circle.
I'm hoping that when I get put in the nursing home, there will be some cool folks there. We can race (in our wheelchairs and walkers) to the sun porch for our morning medications. :cool:

Reverend Willis said:
Atta girl, Beatrice. Smoke 'em if you got 'em and fork 'em if they can't take a joke. I've never worked around the law enforcement crowd but I imagine it would be tricky finding a fellow smoker or trusting someone within that circle.
I'm hoping that when I get put in the nursing home, there will be some cool folks there. We can race (in our wheelchairs and walkers) to the sun porch for our morning medications. :cool:

Yes it was a LONG time before I met someone I worked with that shared the same interest...some of them had retired, and I got to thinking, OH HELL NO, I ain't waiting that long, so I got out of the biz...race ya, ready, set, GO...:D

If you know me...you know I smoke pot, a lot of pot. I don't go around advertising it but my squinty red eyes usually give me away.

Latest posts

Back