The Back Yard GreenTo 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SKAGITMAGIC

I call it the Green-to, It's a WIP that DIY, sunny this morning, might get er done!!

P1080411.JPG

The weathers been so cruddy I haven't given the green-to much attention, Went out and took a couple pics last night at sundown, My chemdawg got a little powdery mildew on a couple leaves, I mixed 1 tablespoon of bakeing soda in a gallon of water and added a teaspoon of very light dishsoap and sprayed all the plants, I used a soft cloth and got it all off. last year the rhody's even had it. I found out that the local farmers even get it on the broccoli if not sprayed, hmmmm, The university of Wash. has a agricultural extension of the campus in Mount Vernon Wa. They are just full of info about plant problems, and they love to help. Anyway here's a couple pics of the chemdawg, I've got C99 in here also, off to puget sound crabbing, cya..

P1090911.JPG

P1090906.JPG

P1090910.JPG

Gonna start a little journal of this years backyard grow, Right now i have ChemDawg, Cinderella 99, and DutchTreat in the ground. I've got 3 or 4 of the different BLZ phenos going good in 5 gal. buckets also, I may have to make some hash, this last semi perpetual really filled the coffers,had a real successful cure following Simons hygrometer numbers, and the Mazzar DT C99 and BLZ are just great smokes, the C99 is just at 65,she is so sweet, I'll be burping her again Monday. I'm gonna ask a web guru to move my stuff from hicks TEST thread to here.

grate greenhouse skag!! ull pull trees from out that i bet!! you know yer stuff big chap,,,,peace,,[j]

Skagit, that is an awesome cold frame you got there.

very nice y'all. cant wait to see it loaded with bushes.

Pulling up a stump right here next to the tree with the Bald Eagle sitting in it.

valleyboy said:
Does this baby have southern exposure?
No it doesn't, but it's in the only place I could put it, The direct sun doesn't hit it till about 11:30 am, but I've got no choice, I've grown many sucessful plants in the spot, real good smoke with real decent yields, I've gotton close to a pound per plant,during GOOD summers, I gotta wonder what and if, if I had Southern Exposure, but because of security reasons it can't happen.

Looks nice Skag. The spray should do the trick. In roses with PM, they have done tests about water only, a hard spray in the mornings, and it worked. Isn't that weird?
I took master gardners at WSU for three years and loved it, you would enjoy the classes. I hope summer gets there and stays.

valleyboy said:
What kind of soil supplements are you using?
During the winter I bury a few fish carcasses, and mix both chicken and cow manure compost in all the flower beds, we don't get any real winter here in the sound, very little freeze or snow. I think I'm gonna start useing soybean meal after reading cheflovelle organic thread. In the green-to I used some bloodmeal, alfalfa meal, and a little lime. I bought some stuff for powdery mildew yesterday, instead of sodium bicarbonate, it's Potassium bicorbanate, We'll see!!!, The PM really likes the C99!!!! none on the Dutch Treat, and a spot outside on 1 chemdog, bummer.

Morning Skagit, Do you have any Fans to move air around in the green-to? If not hook one or two up in there circulating air should help keep the PM at bay.

ray jay said:
Morning Skagit, Do you have any Fans to move air around in the green-to? If not hook one or two up in there circulating air should help keep the PM at bay.
Bad case of CRS, man I keep forgetting to box it in, thanks for the reminder!! Kinda had a bad day weather wise friday, and opened the doors to the green-to and put my potted stuff under shelter!! Bought a hand truck at a yard sale for 4 bucks and modified it to move the 20 gallon pots.

P1100062.JPG

P1100060.JPG

P1100061.JPG

Nice move on the hand truck. Get a rope or Bungie to strap bucket to cart hepls stabelize. They keep promising good weather but typical washington weather does what it wants.lol

ray jay said:
Nice move on the hand truck. Get a rope or Bungie to strap bucket to cart hepls stabelize. They keep promising good weather but typical washington weather does what it wants.lol
really crummy weather, the girls keep getting buffeted by high winds, not wet anyway.

we got ravaged by storms yesterday morning...again...the weather men did a great job on reporting it too...after it went thru!:rolleyes: ...70 mph straight line winds messed up the area hard. tons of tree damage...

deffinately put a few box fans in there skag. it will do wonders at keeping that pm down...

Things are as expected in the Green the dt's streching the chem dawgs, I'm gonna tye her big stems to the ceiling the DT's getting topped on SKAG'S free cutting day, all my grow buds get free cuttings from about 12 outdoor strains. here's some pics, of the green-to stuff wish i knew how to tag them like ray jay, i need a kid around. lol

P1100477.JPG

P1100478.JPG

P1100479.JPG

P1100489.JPG

Sprayed everything with Bayer 3 in 1 yesterday, and took a few pics, I put a couple 30 gallon garbage cans in front of the C dog for comparing there size

P1100728.JPG

P1100730.JPG

most everythings over 7 feet, did some early LST ing and filled her up. I'm running two fans 24/7 and just keeping the two big 5x8 front doors open, the plant to the left of the thermometer is Chem dog, I love smoking it, hopefully it finishes real good and gives me that taste i'm after, I've been moveing my 12 and 20 gallon pots under the propped open doors, the dews really setting on the plants at night, deep saturation of the outside stuff!!! If its foggy or overcast they don't dry out and bud rot sets in. I've been moveing everything back and forth.

P1100803.JPG

P1100787.JPG

Latest posts

Back