The big bopper!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alasgun

life's good Today!
Reaction score
IMG_0948.jpg

Id mentioned this over in the intro section and wanted to share this. The big bopper consist of a junk poly drum, a little abs piping and a regenerative blower. I started this batch (40 gal) this morning And it will be done saturday. Before jumping into the tea thing i studied the subject with scientific fervor and what if't it way to long. At the end of the day i realised just how simple all this is. Wish i had a grow large enough to need 40 gal on, this will be going on the other garden.
The little bopper supplies tea for the weed. You can tailor a recipe to work on about anything and the plants love it. Dont be shy!

Alasgun Mike

Tell us about this big baby. I make 30 gallons of tea at a time in a garbage can and use an air pump to aerate. I generally use recipes from "True Living Organics" (as I didn't study the subject with scientific fervor). I do believe that I have all the components to make a Big Bopper.

Like most, i started with an aquarium pump in a five gal bucket which worked well enough. Didnt kill anything but being a left brained man, i wanted to "conquer it" to make the best tea in the whole world, tea that was better n everyone elses. Silly grasshopper!
Along the way i learned about the importance of having enough air and begin to see that the aquarium pump was marginal at best. More reading brought me to an outfit called synergy ag products who sold me the blower. This is the smallest one they sell and rated to handle anything up to a 300 gal ibc.
While still playing with the little pump i tried numerous recipies discovering about anything will work, no real secrets here. So ive settled in on a very roughly measured (some of this and some of that) group of ingredients.
I'll fill the bopper with water and begin aerating for a day to warm the water some, well waters cold.then ill add about 2 cups each of alfalfa meal, fish bome meal, kelp meal and about half a shovel full of undisturbed woods dirt.
Aerate an hour or so and add a table spoon of humic acid and a cup of blackstrap and a big scoop out of the worm bin, worms and all!
Teas come in many forms and i soon realised that even with out microbes my tea was valuable to the plants but with out being able to see what i was growing in there i could only assume "it was good stuff". Well' the conqueror in me couldnt rest till he saw bugs so i bought a scope and yep they're in there, lots of them, good thing i didnt have this set up when i was an acid eating kid!
Amazon sells bulkhead fittings and banjo quick connect fittings as well as the dump valve, the 1 1/2 inch abs came from home depot. There are more elaborate contraptions out there but my left brains desire to conquor something was satiated with the bopper. Oh, yea this blower is very quiet unlike the littler pumps. If you are interested in "more" i can take close up pictures of the connections once this batch is done and i clean everything up.

Thanks for the interest.

Yes, I am interested in more info. While I use a super soil, I find that feeding with teas 3 or 4 times a month makes a big difference in the plants. So, I would like to up my tea game. Could I get more info on the blower and maybe a schematic of the plumbing?

IMG_0958.jpg Yes Mam,
Pic #1 is the tag on the blower, it was right at $300 shipped to Alaska.
next two are the top and bottom connections, quick connect for easy cleaning. 1 1/2 abs.
IMG_0959.jpgIMG_0960.jpg

Last two, inside bulkhead and outside valve.

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
If i were to do it again id make the stand 2 inches taller so a 5 would fit better and id locate the bottom bulkhead off to one side to get away from the seam, which needed 5200 to seal up.

The tag says synergy ag products, their outa california, nice folks good service.

Alasgun Mike

Latest posts

Back