The Bunker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kraven I am happy to see you. I missed you all this while. Beautiful plants as always :D is that a rotary trimmer in the pic under the drying plant?
yup its how i trim now, does the job of my trimmers in half the time and I do it myself again now....best 200 bucks i ever spent.

Is that rig the one you homebuilt?
yes sir hippy, this is the bunker I built just after switching over to the private breeders site. I did genetics for a lot of years and now just settled in and doin about 13 strains that really are epic smoke. I believe it was you that sent me the Apollo 13 years and years ago. That grip of beans had a male in it that was epic, he was the father to two strains I have now and also I have the best pheno of the female, still run her just like i got her from you...or yoop....not sure anymore which one of you rascals ...bet she is better than the ham bone soup you made a few days ago.

yes sir hippy, this is the bunker I built just after switching over to the private breeders site. I did genetics for a lot of years and now just settled in and doin about 13 strains that really are epic smoke. I believe it was you that sent me the Apollo 13 years and years ago. That grip of beans had a male in it that was epic, he was the father to two strains I have now and also I have the best pheno of the female, still run her just like i got her from you...or yoop....not sure anymore which one of you rascals ...bet she is better than the ham bone soup you made a few days ago.
Bet you got 'em from Mendel originally (the Apollo13) and Yoop the second time. Haven't seen hair nor hide of Mendel in a year or better, and our brother Yoop lost his battle with the grim reaper.
Was that press you showed in your pic the one that you scratch built?

Bet you got 'em from Mendel originally (the Apollo13) and Yoop the second time. Haven't seen hair nor hide of Mendel in a year or better, and our brother Yoop lost his battle with the grim reaper.
Was that press you showed in your pic the one that you scratch built?

Yes sir, she still works like a charm, I make some of the best resin in the area....IMHO. I get people asking for me to press their weed still to this day. Its one of the better investments I have made. next time i would use a three ton press, I never go over 2 ton on a press anyway, secret is to press it and "feel" the squish, it took alot of practice and I never use the dials or times anymore...just the force like O'biwan Kinoby hahaha

kraven I'm new to pressing rosin, what heat setting do you press with and roughly how long do you press it...yo posted it's done by feel but can you suggest a beginning point for me to start...I've got 92 grams I'd like to press...thanks in advance...

Kraven. Didn't you live in Florida? Not sure why I thought you did.

Yes I do, in the Panhandle area

Got anything to get entered in to the Bud Picture of the Month contest? Even if it's from a previous grow, you can enter here:
https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/may-2022-bud-picture-of-the-month-entries.80868/

I'm breaking down and servicing my hydro set up.... every five year make over, and also putting in new beamers. This is from my last grow and I wont start back up for a little while, so then some really good entries for Bud of the Month are coming....gotta get in the habit of checking in daily again ;)

Items in this shipment

ILUMINAR-iLOGIC9-FAR-RED-600x600_1_compact_cropped.jpg
Iluminar iLogic 9 1000 Watt LED Grow Light with UV + FAR RED × 2
120V

kraven I'm new to pressing rosin, what heat setting do you press with and roughly how long do you press it...yo posted it's done by feel but can you suggest a beginning point for me to start...I've got 92 grams I'd like to press...thanks in advance...

Boo my best advice is is stay below 225f and two tons. I would start at 210f and then a 40 second press at around 1 ton....how big are your plates, that makes a huge difference gotta do the math on them to figure out how much true pressure is being applied. The weed needs to be around 55% humidity as well, its the tiny microscopic steam coming off that makes it all work well. Never press more than 10 grams at a time that way you know your return. I use 25 micron bags for flower and 10mic for Keif and it get pressed at a much lower temp and pressure. Keep notes, each strain has different heat and pressure settings for optimum yield. It really is an art buddy, after awhile you will be able to do it by feel and kinda know what each strain works best at. Peace brother.

Well today the Borg made the final advancement across side two...luckily they only have a bit more to flower and they are not on the buds just sucking the plant dry....I have had PM once and Spider Mites for the second time in the last decade, this is as bad as it gets for me. Just embarrassed but its important for newer growers / breeders to see what a mess can happen if your let down your guard or get lazy. Even pro's like me can fall to laziness and non strict adherence to a clean enviroment.

I have not been treating my girls the best the last two years...effin' cancer tried to kill me but I still got all the legendary cuts and have not popped a bean in almost three years...omg I have such a deep seed bank, I'm gonna have to gift out some of these after I get a good read on my seed bank...anyway, the smoke is just as good, bugs eat the leaves and only after they almost kill the plant they will web up the buds...but I'm way ahead of them fosure. I always get my cuts down to singles and they get the treatments first...three each... a different poison each time...then those cuts will be allowed to grow enough to take new cuts and then they get replaced with the next gen of clones and then they are safe to veg and flower out.

IMG_20220518_104538676.jpg

IMG_20220518_104552909.jpg

IMG_20220518_104620608.jpg
IMG_20220518_104706113.jpg

IMG_20220518_104726948.jpg
IMG_20220518_105302618.jpg

IMG_20220518_105325882.jpg
IMG_20220518_104813779.jpg

IMG_20220518_104949131.jpg

IMG_20220518_105400117.jpg

Sorry about the Borg Brother. That fking sucks.

Yeah me and the Wife have started doing a little Micro Dosing. One of my brothers here sent me some shrooms. Ive only done it a few times but it did seem to chill me out a little.

Bunker rebuild will include:

Changing air filters, three to replace the three dirty ones.
Changing and updating 6 year old commercial LEDs with these...

The iLogic™9 LED is the go-to high-efficiency lighting fixture for sealed grow rooms enhanced with CO2 supplementation. Nine light bars deliver extremely high light intensity and uniformity across a 4’ x 4’ footprint to drive unbeatable growth rates and flower production. The iLogic™9 is the zero-compromise solution for production-focused growers. Assemble and hang in minutes with iLuminar’s lightweight aluminum casing and four-point hanging system. Growers love how easy it is to swap out individual light bars without taking the whole fixture out of service thanks to the “hot swap” easy release clips.

New LED Beamers.png

iLogic 9 1000 Watt LED Grow Light + UV & FAR RED SPECTRUM
iluminar-ilogic8-630w-120-277v-led-fixture-uv-far-red.jpg

Completely breaking down my 18 bucket CAP ebb /flow hydro set-up
Rebuilding the setup with fresh buckets, new hose and pumps pus my 50 gallon rez and my 55gal ATO tank.
Resetting my CO2 back up to 1200ppm
Changing out a steel exterior door, the bunker is air tight and sealed, and the door needs to be replaced and caulked along the base so we can seal it up tight again.
Total repaint in flat white again....remember it has the best reflectivity @ 97% and it doesn't refract nor get hot spots.
Bleaching and then bug spraying over a ten day period...once the place is back clean like a my old lab I'm gonna to continue a breeding project this year...I really need to continue trying to cube the cross I'm working with and lock in her traits.

Well peace all, thanks for visiting...lots of changes comijng obver the next month....just got to trim the thirty that are hanging now and get them broken down and sealed up for storage. Peace

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back