The Captain's Victory Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainViper

Cooler Than Your Dad
Reaction score
All-Right Ladys and Gents, Here are a few pic's showing our Babys, and our set-up. Right now we are Growing 3 different types of Strains, 2 Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1, 3 of a mexican-bag sativa, and " Guillen " A Clone from our very first grow, is also a nice sativa.
Oregon Scientific 2006-07-19-001
Here are a few of one of the N.L.5 x Sk #1, And little " Gullen".
Oregon Scientific 2006-08-20-002
Everyone of our "Babys" is grown indoors under 5 CFL's, All of them bought at the local "hard-ware / home store. Except for the last CFL, A 120 Watt w/ reflector for $70. From a local hydro store. We had lost a few "kids" during that heatwave last month, but we still have our 3 "mommas", and 5 of the "kids", in various stages bloom. By the way, The Electric bill for the "Garden" runs around $7. to $12. a month. I will try to keep up this thread w/ pic's. Enjoy!!!! CaptainViper:D

Whats up Cap. Have you tried using the picture service located in the bud pic section of the forum?

Finaly! Let's try this again, After heat-stress, our babys... first pic: our garden, small, but hey, its getting beter every-crop. pic #2 the veg area, Pic #3 is our "bag-seed" baby, an Sativa called " Fingers ", and an atempted close-up of one of our Skunk #1 x N.L. #4.

Img0014.jpg

Img0021.jpg

Img0017.jpg

C V G 3.jpg

heres some more:D ... Allright, My camera is crap, but as soon as i can i will take somemore.:D First pic: another "close-up" of our SK #1x N.L.#4, Pic #2 is an idea of the size of the BUDS on the Skunk x Northern Lights, and one last shot of Gullien, A very nice mystery Sativa from "Bag-Seed". ENJOY!

C V G 6.jpg

C V G 7.jpg

C V G 10.jpg

Whats up CaptainViper. I see ya finally got your pics up. ;) Not bad for a cfl grow not bad at all. How long ya got before you chop down the first set of ladies?

Thank you, Brothers Grunt, Just 2 days ago we cut our mystery Sativa, and she's drying as we write this.:D , Our SK x N.L. still has 2 to 3 weeks to go before we start cutting. On a side note.... Only 1 of our " Desert Lights" survied the heatwave and HE was Nice, grew fast and strong,and had a wonderful scent. Soooo, we let him live, took the pollen and "crossed" him with our SK x NL, our "Fingers" and "Gillian". Hopeing that the stronger traits from the " Desert Lights " Will make The " Girls " happy. We've gotten some wonderful Seeds so far.:D . Waiting for the seeds to dry before we try planting. Once " Gillian" Drys a little more I will take a few Pics and post.

Hey Folks! I've got some new pic's . You might notice the new light also. The New light is a "SUN System 4 " 175W MH w/ balist and hood. Sucker's BRIGHT. The Plant on the left is " Fingers", And Is'ent She doing well? We are Very proud of her.:D On The Right is our N.L.5 x Sk 1. Also Doing Well.:D . We have been useing some raw mexican sugar w/ Koolbloom liquid fert. and Superthrive.

Img0057.jpg

Img0059.jpg

Img0060.jpg

Img0061.jpg

Img0062.jpg

Must be The New Lights, Anyways, We are starting to see girth to our bud's now, We've been Messing around , experementing with CFL's, And receving very tasty smoke. But very little in the way of weight. Big colas, very "light" weight.:( BUT Now... We are starting to see / feel girth to our "babys".:D ,In some of these Pic's you can see how they are bulking-up!

Img0063.jpg

Img0064.jpg

Img0065.jpg

Img0066.jpg

Img0067.jpg

Img0068.jpg

The ladies are looking great and they are gonna be very happy that you added that new light. ;) Keep it up Cap.

Hello, My Frends! New pic's:D Check them out. These are pic's of our N.L.5 x Skunk #1

Img0072.jpg

Img0073.jpg

Img0074.jpg

Img0075.jpg

Img0084.jpg

Whats up CV. I see the ladies are looking very happy this morning and they should with all the love and care you give them. ;) Keep it up man.

Thank-you TBG, we're very happy w/ our Girls. One Problem tho, Friggin Spyder Mites!!! Our Sativa "Fingers" caught them. We are trying a homemade insecticide made by "brewing" some cig. Tobacco, straining, and foiler-spraying,will let you know how it works out. Need to do something before pay-day.:eek: then I can Buy some neem-oil.;)

They look very nice!! It should give good hope to those who haven't yet gotten HPS lights. How many lumens total do you have? I assume the 175MH is about 9,000 itself?

The lumens for the 175W runs 9,000 to 10,000 at 12 to 14 in. below the light, The 105W CFL runs around 10,000 / 11,000 Lumens at 3 to 5 in. below the Light. Also so far so good w/ the tobacco mite spray, Only finding Little Dead Mites. Still going to keep a close watch over our Girls.

Glad to hear that you're stopping the bug problem. I have to wonder though, why did you go with Metal Halide when you're already in the flowering process? I would think that a High Pressure Sodium would have been the way to go. I can't hate, I have a 175MH :p
I'm flowering with only MH and CFL. We'll see what happens. My HPS light STILL isn't in, and I'm going to go through the whole process with the MH/CFL. I have clones from the plants though, and we'll see the difference when I use the HPS on them when it's time.

Edit- my 200th post!! :D

Hey Folks, Had a couple of The "Girls" Ripen, here's some Before Cutting, After Drying, Before Cureing:D

Img0111.jpg

Img0113.jpg

Img0117.jpg

Img0119.jpg

Img0121.jpg

Img0122.jpg

Img0123.jpg

Img0124.jpg

Here's a few more Pic's...Even-tho the "Girls" were Ripe, Heathly and densely packed W/ THC, after Drying,Testing,Cureing,Testing,and of course, running out of the rest of "The Other Pot", I am sad to Report that these Two Girls are Gone:( But I am also Very Happy to report That The Smoke Was some of Best That We've Growen So-Far,VERY TASTY, VERY SWEET, Realy Nice Taste of sweet Skunk, with Northern Light After-taste.:D

Img0093.jpg

Img0097.jpg

Img0098.jpg

Img0102.jpg

Congrats on the harvest CaptainViper. How is the smell? Did you harvest everything or do you still have some going. Great job man, great job. Enjoy the smoke. ;)

Latest posts

Back