The chat program has got to be taken off the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarPassion

Administrator
Reaction score
It's been noticed that lots of people are talking about their grows in the chat room. This isn't a safe thing to allow because the chat is installed on a server that isn't in the same place as the server for the group postings.

One day, someone who doesn't like MJ could potentially use the information discussed in the chat room against someone. For this reason, the Staff of Marijuana Passion have decided to take it off the site.

Nothing has happened and no one should be alarmed by anything that they have said in chat. We have discovered that this *could* be a problem and we're removing it as a precaution.

To have chat on our server in Holland, it would cost quite a bit of money. Too much money for now. Perhaps later.

Anyone who would like to chat can always use one of the many chat services that are on the net, but be careful NOT to talk about your grows or use your member name here on Marijuana Passion.

It's a shame we have to do this, but it's really in the best interest of everyone.

Please be assured that the server for this group on vBulletin is hosted in Holland and there is no problems associated with that.

Thank you to all of you for being members of our group and again, we're very sorry that the chat has to go.

With regret,

MarP, and the staff of Marijuana Passion

Dewayne

IS BAKED
Reaction score
Well it's good to know that The staff and you are looking after the members of Marijuana Passion. Better safe than sorry. Would there be a donation thing towards the new chat to perhaps give it a better start?

Thanks for looking after our best intrest! =)

~Burn One~
Dewayne

S

SmokinMom

I'd definately donate $ for a secure chat. I loved hanging out with my MP buds in the evenings.

Bummer. :(

Runbyhemp

Reaction score
Yes, that's a pity, and I too would be prepared to donate.

Mr.Wakenbake

***Organic Grower***
Reaction score
Sad to see it go, but to be honest... with all of the drama that has gone down in the chat, I think it's best to see it go anyways. Let alone it's not SAFE. Wow, and all this time I was giving out major help in the chat.Oh well, folks if ya need me pm me or i will see ya on the boards.

Honestly I for one won't shed a tear to see it go as some people are not mature enough to be respectable in there anyways.

the_riz

Reaction score
Well its a shame to see it go, fond memories in the chat room, everytime i got some new mj id be in there having a smoke having a laugh. Well its gone and id contribute to a secure one definetly.

But i have to say theres been some real disturbances in there recently and some members seem to have taken it upon themselves to be disruptive and cause arguments for no aparent reason? so its not the worsed time for it to dissapear... chat, you will be missed

S

SmokinMom

Mr Wakenbake and The Riz make good points. Lately it hasn't been much fun with all the stupid drama in there. It sucks that a few idiots can ruin it for everyone else tho.

Maybe someday a secure chat can be found. Until then- chat with ya later. :)

Sticky_Budz

puff puff pass
Reaction score
well it is a shame to have to lose the chat but it is for are safety and i thank u marp for protecting us. As for donating even though i been struggling here i also would donate a couple of bucks too if it would help this site and the great member in here. And i dont even use the chat but know that everyone else enjoys going in there and chatting. thanx again marp for watching are backs peace

S

Stoney Bud

Thank you all for your wonderful offers. MarP has looked into a secure chat server and for right now, it can't happen.

I'm sure that MarP will have his ear to the ground and will let us all know if a possible solution comes up.

Until then, PM's are the best form of chat. They aren't live, but if you're online with everyone who is PM'ing you, it can be fun.

The next time 3 or more of you want to when you're online, start a chain PM going. Just address each PM to all of the people involved.

You can wear out your fingers doing it this way. It's a lot of fun.

Give it a try.

Look to see who is online and start a PM flowing...

S

SmokinMom

I see the chatroom is still operating. When's it getting pulled?

K

Kupunakane

Hey,

what about the ides of a secure,(In Holland), Teamspeak where we can all talk and listen to each other, Headset and mic are all you really need, If the site is a secure one then all would be free to converse. I have run several, and you do the same as regular rules, no flaming, swearing, harrassing. etc. etc.
I would be willing to kick in on this thought .

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

bombbudpuffa

Sweet Cheeba Chiefa
Reaction score
Not secure?!? I didn't know that. Glad I wasn't too big on chat:D. Thats messed up for the folks who really liked it though(SM, Riz, etc.). Thanks for making this place safer though.

A

allgrownup

Well....i'll be another sad to see it go. But can respect that it is done with the intention of continuing to put security and safety for the members first.

This is a great site, i'd much rather see the chat go, than the site.

Peace, and thanks for the goodtimes the chat provided.

rasta

CHILD OF GOD
Reaction score
sorry to hear this ,never realy use the chat room much,,,,any time i used it no one was no it ,but i know mom liked it so im sorry to see it go ,,,,,p,l,r

R

RatherBBurnin

R.I.P

Marijuana Passion Chat..

You were great while you lasted...

Mr.Wakenbake

***Organic Grower***
Reaction score
VBulletin offers a SHOUTBOX that is live like chat. 420genetics has one and it's secure.

Check it out if you get the chance...I dont' know about the cost though sorry.

I would donate some $ for a shout or chat as long as we can keep it idiot free ;)

Tarcisius

Reaction score
It's sad that there aren't more open forums where recreational pot users can gather and enjoy each others company just because the police feel like being very liberal with out 1st and 4th amendment rights. On the bright side, states such as Oregon are doing a lot to decriminalize marijuana....one day guys...one day

Rocker420

Reaction score
aww and i was just starting to like going into chat. Well ill be another one to add to the donation list if ever comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.