The clones...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxerman420

Broke-n-Tokin Tent Bonger
Reaction score
I took these cuttings about 9 days ago... Do they look okay to you? I don't see any roots yet, but seems they'd be dead if they weren't producing them by now! What do you think?
View attachment 164165

They're in colored cups, how could you see roots?.. The yellowing leaves is a 'good' sign though...IMO that they are probably rooting. That, and they aren't dead ;)
Watch for new, vibrant green growth will probably be your first, best indication.

i think he might have them in clear cups sitting in coloured cups, good idea if thats what he has done.

dman1234 said:
i think he might have them in clear cups sitting in coloured cups, good idea if thats what he has done.

I remember reading that....good luck on the clones, Gixxer!

its hard to say, some look better than others, but 9 days is a little early, time will tell.

ahhhhh! it does look like I see double rims on the cups :p
In 'that' case, at least he won't have to wait for the 'new growth'. and should start seeing some roots soon.. :eek:

Hick said:
ahhhhh! it does look like I see double rims on the cups :p
In 'that' case, at least he won't have to wait for the 'new growth'. and should start seeing some roots soon.. :eek:
Yeah, I cut the bottoms out of colored cups and sat clear ones down in them... So I could watch the roots develop but not hinder the growth with light! Thx guys, I feel a lot better knowing that my hard work and determination is probably paying off!

multifarious said:
I'm always happy when I see the development of "Adventitious Roots" from the point where the stem contacts the medium. I find this is a clear sign that roots are forming deeper in the medium. Very often this can be spotted before any visible "new grow" is observed.
Does this always occur? I don't recall seeing this with the last set of clones I took... Hmmm, now I'm intrigued!

multifarious said:
All cuttings that become clones begin with "Adventurous Roots"

I often notice the beginning of adventurous root formation at the point of stem and medium contact. These do not always become roots but would do so if they were deprived from light and kept moist. They are often observed as swellings/lumps/bumps. The attached picture shows the start of adventurous root formation in a rockwool cube.
thanks man, I'll be checking the cuttings first thing this afternoon... Waiting on the old lady to get home so I can take off! :rofl:

so looked for roots today, no real signs yet; Is this bad? A couple of them are "puffy" like the picture; but just below the surface (I pulled the dirt out ever so slightly with a toothpick:confused: I KNOW!!!)and not above the surface like here... No roots yet, sooo... Do I just wait!?

Nah, take them all out and use them for target practice. :D

J/K...it can't hurt to ride it out a few more days, can it?

Patience fella!
Sit back with a huge beefy, tell the girls how beautiful they are and that they will be even more beautiful when they grow legs (This is how unlucky I am, I once met a girl with one leg, it was in the middle)

Back to the point, give them time. I can see a lot of good signs in that pic. Yellowing fan leaves, the plants are standing up, not laying down, the leaves are open sucking in the light, not withered and shrivveled.
I just sent you some happy green mojo so they will have roots very soop :p Peace bro. W

woodydude said:
Patience fella!
Sit back with a huge beefy, tell the girls how beautiful they are and that they will be even more beautiful when they grow legs (This is how unlucky I am, I once met a girl with one leg, it was in the middle)

Back to the point, give them time. I can see a lot of good signs in that pic. Yellowing fan leaves, the plants are standing up, not laying down, the leaves are open sucking in the light, not withered and shrivveled.
I just sent you some happy green mojo so they will have roots very soop :p Peace bro. W
Well I would... But no beefy here... And no crop now!!!

Latest posts

Back