The Dank Den

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey David,

Have you thought about making a cheap greenhouse to help you reach the finish line? This one here is a good and cheap design :How To Build A 300 Square Foot Windproof Hoop House For Under $500

Also, have you thought about using Seedbank’s n the US? I just had great results doing so… I used to order from Europe too, but the month long shipping is a *****. But, due to slow shipping times, I also got orders doubled up for free when they did not show up on time (Seedsman).

Those are all nice looking strains you got there…

I ran Widow a bunch back in the day…She is a beut…

I look forward to seeing your grow….

-Islander.
That greenhouse would be perfect. That would solve just about every problem, except the human problem. No matter how much preventive measure I take, it'll never stop the paranoia. Never fails, come harvest time, I always get that feeling. Even after it was legalized, you'd think the feeling would go away but nope. I just know there's people still out there that think, "why go through all the time, trouble and money growing it when I can just take yours." I think this will be the last season I order from overseas. What bank would you recommend for ordering seeds. The one thing I really like about msnl is that you get free seeds with every order. But damn, I've been waiting for just about a month already and the deadline for germinating is approaching fast. Thank you for all that info big guy. I appreciate the advise. Exact reason I joined this site.

I researched these DIY green houses, the covering is sort of important. There is a co-relation between the UV rays that get to pass through your covering and Trichomes. I can't remember exactly at this point. I got busy at work and didn't follow up. But that information is out there and it is probably here on a long lost thread.
The words below are in this How To Build A 300 Square Foot Windproof Hoop House For Under $500 posted above

The words “woven”, “UV”, and “anti-drip” are all good signs. Here is where I would recommend for a great price and quick shipping for a high quality product.

Too many pinch hits and coffee's this morning.

how do you plan on proceeding with those leggy gals...

Not to hi-jack the thread, but I've found stretching seedlings to be a good thing for my grow style. I bend the main stalk horizonatal a few weeks into Veg and the longer the better.

I made the mistake of burying my long stems too deep first grow and discovered that roots don't move up if you plant too deep. The plant was not using 1/3 of the soil in my pot !

Howdy all…

Just thought I would start my first grow journal here…

Since having a viroid and virus’ attack my entire mother room, I’ve had to murder everything and start from scratch…

I have carefully selected some new genetics geared towards extraction.

I am also in the middle of finishing my last room at my current shop, I am moving my work to a new place.

I will be updating this page as I grow…

If you have any questions, ideas, advice, I am 100% open to any and all of it. Just fire away…

Regards,

-Islander.

Welcome, I'm looking forward to watching this grow ! Good luck.

That greenhouse would be perfect. That would solve just about every problem, except the human problem. No matter how much preventive measure I take, it'll never stop the paranoia. Never fails, come harvest time, I always get that feeling. Even after it was legalized, you'd think the feeling would go away but nope. I just know there's people still out there that think, "why go through all the time, trouble and money growing it when I can just take yours." I think this will be the last season I order from overseas. What bank would you recommend for ordering seeds. The one thing I really like about msnl is that you get free seeds with every order. But damn, I've been waiting for just about a month already and the deadline for germinating is approaching fast. Thank you for all that info big guy. I appreciate the advise. Exact reason I joined this site.

Hey David,

I have used multiple seed banks out of California. No issues with any so far (fingers crossed). I like Deeply Rooted myself (they give seed companies freebies too)...A bit more expensive than some others, but their shipping was super fast, and communication was great as well... I also just used Speak Easy, and was pleased, but no freebies, slower shipping, and not as good of communication. I have also used and like Supreme (Europe) that shipped pretty quick, considering....

When I had some in my old greenhouse I used a tripwire alarm set up... Camp Guardian Electronic Trip Wire Alarm Kit - Trigger Cannons™ You can attach each plant to it, or use it around the inside of your greenhouse, or maybe even low to the ground around the outside? Or even better, both :) I have also attached fishing line to the plants, and ran it to a fishing rod bell in my bedroom haha...

I finally did upgrade to the best security system out there... And have had four models so far...

My current model is the Loki 420 .....

Rokester.jpg

Have a good night Buddy...

-Islander.

Last edited:
I researched these DIY green houses, the covering is sort of important. There is a co-relation between the UV rays that get to pass through your covering and Trichomes. I can't remember exactly at this point. I got busy at work and didn't follow up. But that information is out there and it is probably here on a long lost thread.
The words below are in this How To Build A 300 Square Foot Windproof Hoop House For Under $500 posted above

The words “woven”, “UV”, and “anti-drip” are all good signs. Here is where I would recommend for a great price and quick shipping for a high quality product.

Too many pinch hits and coffee's this morning.

It makes total sense.... I have not used a hoop greenhouse before, but I know it can be a great alternative for a lot cheaper... Thanks for the heads up
Welcome, I'm looking forward to watching this grow ! Good luck.
Thanks Bomber..... I will be posting a lot more when I get more free time, as I'm in the middle of moving.

That pellet is loaded with roots and looking good. I am still struggling a bit in the clone department.
One thing I can suggest, is to steer clear of the cloning gel....I have had my numbers drop due to that stuff... I have 95% + success when only using the powder...I scoop a lot on per cut... It's dirt cheap too...

-Islander.

That pellet is loaded with roots and looking good. I am still struggling a bit in the clone department.
I too have struggled with cloning. I have always felt lucky if I got 50% to root. A few weeks ago I took some cuttings and got 5 out of 5 to root. This time I used dirt instead of Rapid Rooters. I also used Dip N Grow. I think the key this time for me was warm rooting media. I put the clones in a 5 gallon bucket sealed up with some plastic wrap and put the bucket on top of my hot water heater with a couple of ‘warm’ 13 watt LED bulbs(like I have in regular lamps in my house). They rooted in about 10 days. Every couple of days when I would check them, the bucket was nice and warm(I was worried maybe too warm but apparently not). Some kind of Fox Farm soil(watered well), cuttings cut at a 45 degree angle, split the cut with a razor about a quarter inch up from the cut, dipped in Dip N Grow and gently pushed into the wet dirt and covered the bucket with plastic wrap. The ‘warm’ light spectrum is supposed to be helpful with rooting from what I have read. It could have been a fluke but I suspect it was the warm soil since I have never (accidentally) tried that.
6A8E275E-CD00-4EE8-BF4A-44CA6FA7D0A8.jpeg

One thing I can suggest, is to steer clear of the cloning gel....I have had my numbers drop due to that stuff... I have 95% + success when only using the powder...I scoop a lot on per cut... It's dirt cheap too...

-Islander.
I have been using the powder, and thought maybe I needed to switch to the gel. I guess I will stick with the powder. I think I need more warmth.

I too have struggled with cloning. I have always felt lucky if I got 50% to root. A few weeks ago I took some cuttings and got 5 out of 5 to root. This time I used dirt instead of Rapid Rooters. I also used Dip N Grow. I think the key this time for me was warm rooting media. I put the clones in a 5 gallon bucket sealed up with some plastic wrap and put the bucket on top of my hot water heater with a couple of ‘warm’ 13 watt LED bulbs(like I have in regular lamps in my house). They rooted in about 10 days. Every couple of days when I would check them, the bucket was nice and warm(I was worried maybe too warm but apparently not). Some kind of Fox Farm soil(watered well), cuttings cut at a 45 degree angle, split the cut with a razor about a quarter inch up from the cut, dipped in Dip N Grow and gently pushed into the wet dirt and covered the bucket with plastic wrap. The ‘warm’ light spectrum is supposed to be helpful with rooting from what I have read. It could have been a fluke but I suspect it was the warm soil since I have never (accidentally) tried that. View attachment 295049
There's a proud father. Technique sounds great. I like the splitting up the stem with the razor. Exposing more area for rooting action?

I have been using the powder, and thought maybe I needed to switch to the gel. I guess I will stick with the powder. I think I need more warmth.
I have a thermometer sitting in top of my hot water heater I will check the max/min in a day or so. So far the max is 78, min is 71. Some people use heating pads. I am just trying to re-use the heat I am loosing thru the unit. 12 marigold seeds sprouted in 18 hours on top of the heater so it must be a pretty pleasant temp range.

I
I have a thermometer sitting in top of my hot water heater I will check the max/min in a day or so. So far the max is 78, min is 71. Some people use heating pads. I am just trying to re-use the heat I am loosing thru the unit. 12 marigold seeds sprouted in 18 hours on top of the heater so it must be a pretty pleasant temp range.
I placed my seeds wrapped in tissue inside a zip lock and placed it about 2 inches above my cable box. I thought it might be a little too hot but those suckers sprouted so fast. It has to be high 80ish Fahrenheit. At least. Thermostat for the house reads 72. I guess they like it hot. Now I'm stuck with outside temps at 50 and no good grow light. On my way to the hardware store to see if I can't make some mini greenhouse. Maybe a plastic tub with a clear top. Maybe saran wrap or something like that. Then a heating pad, maybe elevate the seeds a bit. Idk.. yesterday was 72 degrees and I'm like..yeah!.. today... it's 50. And of course it's my day off. I always get that feeling come April.. PLANT PLANT PLANT! Jump the gun I have plenty of times. I use a MSU soil temp comparison graph now to judge when the temps are right. Michigan weather will catch your ass while you're at work. It'll be 70 degrees at 6am, come noon... it's snowing.

My brother bought a cheap LED/T5 fixture from Amazon that his plants seemed to like a lot. It was $28 and change. Might be cheaper than fashioning a green house and you will have it for your next run. I don’t like to use Amazon but I can send you a link if you would like.

Latest posts

Back