The Doctor's 1st Thread: Outdoor Clone:Bubblegum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture 19, your rose looks great, no bugs there. That is good.
Poor chicken.
I am pulling up a chair.

They are pretty darn "resilient" doc, if it was established well, it's surprising how much abuse they can endure, and you've got a long way to go. (lotsa' time for her to heal and thrive ;))
That evil chicken might well turn out to be your best friend in a bug battle...;)

Poor chicken???? Poor me!!!! There are no good news today unfortunately. I checked on the plant, watered it with a mixture of plain water n 2 tablespoons of FF Grow Big that was left to stand for one whole day. I usually just leave it overnight, is that cool too?

The first bad news is the condition of the plant i found it in. I had removed the stake to move it further back so i could tie the plant a little lower but i terribly damaged it as i said. Today i didn't even feel like taking pictures.. The plant looked pretty gloomy to my eyes.

And to top it off, the second set of bad news is that the chicken ain't doing so well unfortunately. Her leg got entangled and damaged, now she is having some troubles. She seems to be pissed at me because when i tried to approach her, the chicken just flew away. And where of all places could it land??? YES! You guessed it, on my beloved plants. She pretty much squished them. I didn't even bother to check on the plant. Seems i have to be a little more prepared for this...But to turn bad news into good, I think i will be looking forward to having good chicken soup on one of the following days... :evil:

_The Doctor

Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Poor chicken???? Poor me!!!! There are no good news today unfortunately. I checked on the plant, watered it with a mixture of plain water n 2 tablespoons of FF Grow Big that was left to stand for one whole day. I usually just leave it overnight, is that cool too?

The first bad news is the condition of the plant i found it in. I had removed the stake to move it further back so i could tie the plant a little lower but i terribly damaged it as i said. Today i didn't even feel like taking pictures.. The plant looked pretty gloomy to my eyes.

And to top it off, the second set of bad news is that the chicken ain't doing so well unfortunately. Her leg got entangled and damaged, now she is having some troubles. She seems to be pissed at me because when i tried to approach her, the chicken just flew away. And where of all places could it land??? YES! You guessed it, on my beloved plants. She pretty much squished them. I didn't even bother to check on the plant. Seems i have to be a little more prepared for this...But to turn bad news into good, I think i will be looking forward to having good chicken soup on one of the following days... :evil:

_The Doctor

You have a great combo in the making doc, growing chickens and MJ together is a great idea. You can blaze away and then cook up all the chicken wings you want!

Good luck with the grow!

-SSF-

Well here is an update for you. Well it has been exactly 4 weeks to the day since i put my bubblegum into the ground. From what i have seen in other grows, my plant definitely has had some growing problems because it should be way more developed than it is in my view. There is definite some flowering action taking place but i am not sure if it is going to reveg on me. I don't see any signs of that taking place right now.

Sadly there are no pictures of the bubblegum, will try to get some tomorrow if the rain lets me.. Should i worry about the plant getting wet??? It is berly showing flowering parts.. As for the chicken..lucky for her she is still around. She has been winning my heart little by little...but she plucks the ground all day scavagins for the precious worms!! I give her some white grub worms that i find and she definitely prefers those instead of the earthworms! I have found some damage on the plant's leaves, i don't know if its due to the chicken eating it away or just messing around in that area.

There is some slight good news...I was able to pick up a Larry OG clone from a dispensary. However, my timing was awful. Rain is predicted for the next 3 days. The clone itself is ready for a transplant into larger pot ASAP! Was planning on doing it tomorrow and letting the pot sit outdoors in the rain... As of now,, since its still in the rockwool, i have it inside for the night.. hopefully it doesn't flower on me... Any input/comment you have is much appreciated. Gracias.

Larry 1.JPG

Obama.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Well here is an update for you. Well it has been exactly 4 weeks to the day since i put my bubblegum into the ground. From what i have seen in other grows, my plant definitely has had some growing problems because it should be way more developed than it is in my view. There is definite some flowering action taking place but i am not sure if it is going to reveg on me. I don't see any signs of that taking place right now.

Sadly there are no pictures of the bubblegum, will try to get some tomorrow if the rain lets me.. Should i worry about the plant getting wet??? It is berly showing flowering parts.. As for the chicken..lucky for her she is still around. She has been winning my heart little by little...but she plucks the ground all day scavagins for the precious worms!! I give her some white grub worms that i find and she definitely prefers those instead of the earthworms! I have found some damage on the plant's leaves, i don't know if its due to the chicken eating it away or just messing around in that area.

There is some slight good news...I was able to pick up a Larry OG clone from a dispensary. However, my timing was awful. Rain is predicted for the next 3 days. The clone itself is ready for a transplant into larger pot ASAP! Was planning on doing it tomorrow and letting the pot sit outdoors in the rain... As of now,, since its still in the rockwool, i have it inside for the night.. hopefully it doesn't flower on me... Any input/comment you have is much appreciated. Gracias.
That's funny, Obama looks like he's staring at the plant in the second one... SSF, I think there's only one chicken!?:confused: If there are more than one, we'll convene at Dr. KNOWITALL'S for Sunday brunches!:rofl:

Well this post is just for reference to show how the plants were doing on 4/8/11.

1st picture: initial signs of insect damage or chicken stupidity.

2nd picture: Shows the 'lst' attempt i am trying to do. However my worries are i am getting to much popcorn nugs... what do youys think out there??

3rd picture: Signs of flowering on 4/8. My worry doing this grow at this time is the revegging part...

1st Damage.JPG

Popcorn.JPG

Zoom 4.8.JPG

Again this is just for date reference... But input is always welcomed and needed.

I plan to cut it on approx day 54. I have used neem oil twice and plan to do it once more. Think its a good idea this much into flowering? I definitely do not want the neem to be detectable.. Is 17 days enough for the plant to get rid of it... Well here are the pics... You be the judge..

4.16(1).JPG

4.16(2).JPG

4.16(3).JPG

Figured since I didn't update in a while, I go all out and keep you guys up to date.

Here we are at day 39 of flowering. I have been feeding ONLY the Grow Big, with a slight bit of some random mix of ferts from some I use on other parts of the garden. I am unaware why I did it but I'll look into it and let you guys know later. I know why i haven't used Tigerbloom or Big Bloom, and that is because I got no CASH left!!! Can you guys let me know of some MUST's for the flowering part???

Everytime I water, i TRY to let it stand for at least 18 hours, and pH it anywhere between 5.9 and 7.5. Those are the highest and lowest that I have watered it I believe but I usually try to keep it 6.5.

Here are the pics...Enjoy.

Pic 1: Close up Day 39

Pic 2: A side view of one of the branches.

Pic 3: Another close up..now I don't know if these are crystals on leaf from flowering... or just dirt from the chicken kicking up EVERYWHERE!!

help....guys....gals....anyone.....:confused2:

4.18.JPG

4.18 Side.JPG

Dusty...JPG

:hairpull: :mad: Now why is nobody interested in my grow?? Is there something I am missing?? I assure you that this is just a name, I am a humble person.

Well the reason for this, is that after looking at the 2nd picture on the last post(the side angle), I am thinking if I should do any trimming on the leaves...on some like the big one that sticks out toward the bottom part of the picture.

Have any of you out there use(d) neem oil?? I decided to apply it since it is the ONLY insecticide I am using at the moment. I applied it twice already, a 2 week span in between both applications. It has been a week since my last application, and it seems that the plants need it a bit. Is it okay to do it a week later...? or can i be damaging the harvest...

Hopefully you guys are able to understand me....If not I might as well take my chances at the local park. :48:

Any good advices on nutes to use for week 6 of flowering?? Outdoor... Just been using Fox Farm Grow Big...

:rofl: After looking at the pics from day 39(supposedly)...I conclude there is definitely something wrong!!! I am guessing it could be some shock from the light cycle transition i took it from...I got it from unknowing time from the club..OR it could just be rookie paranoia and the strain be a slow bloomer...??? WHO KNOWS.. I sure would like some help..I assure you I won't bite.

Dr.KNOWITALL said:

_The Doctor

Dr Kia,

If your plant is looking untidy, assuming it is still alive (haven't read that far yet), it might be a good idea to take a couple of clones from her in case she doesn't make it.

Well today is a beautiful day for me in regards to weather as you will see through pictures. I decided to untie the plant from my 'lst' method I am attempting to perform. Now that I untied it, it didn't get much more height from the original top of the plant. About a foot max. I would say. But it DEFINITELY got WIDER. Now that I untied it, you can definitely tell. Thanks to those who told me to try the 'lst' method. I would probably go on to say that the plant is wider than it is taller if I were to stretch it.

Now its not all good news of course...I am 65% sure that I have some insect problem(s). On closer inpection...I noticed it could be mites.. I will further update on that on my sick problems thread. Help is MUCH appreciated.. Apart from that...my other issue is that I have no available flowering nutrients due to lack of cash. I have been using just FF: Grow Big...But now decided I will stop using that from here on out. Should I go out and get some and stop being a 'cheapass'? I will eventually get some...I'm just trying to go on as far without buying some. Tips please.

Look at the pictures...You be the judge...I welcome and NEED some input...

Note on picture 3, I put a gallon bucket with the Larry clone for size refernce to the Bubblegum. The Larry OG is close to 2 feet including the pot.

Bubble 4.25.JPG

4.25 main zoom.JPG

4.25 after untie.JPG

What do you recommend the 'good ones' be Moses? Or which do you prefer?? I plan on the basic Fox Farm Trio...Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom.... Only problem is I've only used the Grow Big even up to now in flower.. :p

I use FF big bloom and tiger bloom, and they seem to have been great for my plants. I use big bloom starting at 3 weeks veg and use it until 2 weeks flowering (but you can use it the whole time) and I use tiger bloom starting at 2 weeks flowering and use it until 1 week is left. Fox Farm was the brand recommended to me by fellow MPers and they seem to do great :aok:

Hey welcome Dr and yes those are trics aka resin aka crystal forming on the leaves just to make sure just let your finger rub on the leaf and it'll be sticky.
No real problem with popcorn buds when outdoors methinks but if so just make hash.
Check out how severe i lst well i dont 'low stress train' i 'savage stress train' bend 2,3,4,5,6,7, weeks into flower and some more.
Lol
Looking good Dr.
T4

Looks good to me too. That damage in post #27 looks more like Grasshopper been eating your leaf. They dont eat much, I am constantly killing them in my outdoor garden.

Im with Moses, try the Big Bloom/Tiger Bloom it costs about the same as the Grow Big by Fox Farm. I use the Fox Farm line up myself with good results.

Your plant looks good, maybe you are gonna get lucky and she wont reveg and finish flowering for you.

Tc: That damage on 27 is probably from a chicken I have roaming around the yard...I believe it was SensiStar who told me its a good thing to grow marijuana and have chickens...lol.:p ...so that is the plan. But as you can see thic chicken DEFINITELY likes to eat the plants...It also took bites on my Blueberry seedlings already!!! :doh: If it weren't for it putting 'golden' eggs ;) , I would have killed it. That would make a great post now that its my avatar....!!!!! JK!!!

Latest posts

Back