The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That`s what I`m trying to do, get my buds denser. My solution was to buy another light. The budget police said no. Which meant cut down on wasted light. Solution was to wall off the garden room, basically cutting it in half. Hope it works. Those special sun glasses are real nice, would like a pair myself.

LOTS of space around them!
looks G R E A T !
:48:

edit
1 thing, watch for water on the leafs it can "lens burn" (think ant + sun + magnifying glass) any spraying or misting should be done with lights OFF and needs to be DRY before they come back on.

I mist all the time to the point of drops dripping of the leaves. I did it under HPS, MH, T5 and now my LEDs. I don't think I've ever seen a burn... what does this "lens burn" thing look like?

paid special attention this time, nope, nuthin'. I left them with beads, dripping, kept checking back and even used my loupe, thought maybe I'd see small holes, but looks fine

Last edited:
I've seen it from using Neem Oil (regular dosage) / Grow Sprays / plain water, in the past, from my T5's, MH and HPS. Seen it enough to now turn it all off for 15 or so mins and up the airflow after spraying. hah :)

After heading up into the room tonight it seems all is on track. Not long enough yet... feels like every day is taking forever now that I want to see how things go with LED's lol.

Saturday will mark week 3 for one of the tents, so bud sites are sure to develop reallll soon there. I can't wait till soil is done and I have that converted to Hydro!

Can the full spectrum LED's I'm using be used to veg stuff out another week or two longer in my tents, after I move stuff over from veg space? There's not enough room in my veg setup for me to get the plants the size I prefer to before flipping, so I usually just use MH to extend veg a bit when I moved tents.

I assume it's fine to veg longer with these Mars II 400's.

Yes, full spectrum means just that. You can do either effectively.

Damn bro! Lookin awesome so far! Def. gonna pull a chair up for this one! How many watts are your LED's each? you said 600 watters? And you have 4 of them in 1 tent?

Nope, Mars II 400w's x4. 400w hid equivalent with between 175 - 180w of actual power draw. And thanks for the compliment :D

@PJ: Thanks man, I was quite positive it was a super noob question, but I needed to ask as I wasn't 100%. :aok:

the method 7's are sick glasses... they had a booth at max yield grow show in Boston... I didn't put on the led ones but I know PJ and my buddy did and they both said the plants looked totally normal... the hps one I tried worked very well...

you go to the Boston show?

this thread motivated me look forward to popping in here daily i got 12 going now not worth pics tho mine are only 13 days into flip

keep it green Dr. take some pics thru the glasses when u get em ;)

Cool to hear the thead motivated you to stick around :) GJ on yours N.E.

I'll take the pics tomorrow night, but the glasses work wonderful. :D Also, the jungle has 1 more week or so until 'the flip' is over.... notice I already called it a jungle? lol!! It's awesome, I freaking LOVE hydrooooooooo!!!!!

So I'm very interested in what your hydro bill savings will be.

Yeah, I'm curious to see this as well. :)

So far, I do believe I still have tight nodes during "the stretch" and everything looks great. No nasty lookin' things, only dark green with lighter green growing nodes... as per norm. :D

Pleaseeeeeee just be as much yield and as dense!! Please, please, please!

The more I've read about LED vs HPS the more I learn that HPS dishes out loads of unused / wasted energy, and people are more likely to hit .5 GPW (which was about what I was doing on a good run), but LED is supposed to be a very true 1 GPW thing. At least from what I'm reading around. We'll see :)

I'm mostly concerned with density.

Good morning Fang, don't be worrying about density, you will get that in spades. I will be watching for how it goes with yield. I remember once years ago, i topped a plant and not it's clone,,,they both yielded the same to the gram. So with led, the penetration is only like 12 inches so you have nothing at the bottom of the plant..but you have awesome tops... I will be watching. Pink mojo fang.

Rose is there anyway to increase penetration? It would seem to me that a ton of little plants with a big main cola would be a better way to grow under led? Sorta that rapid rotation thing where your vegging like one week then flipping to 12/12 and growing out a little plant ? Doc greenest of mojo to you, I'm watching and trying to learn as much as possible.....:48:

Cheers Kraven :aok:

As for the penetration bit, adding some reds and blues (I think?) as "side lighting" would surely help penetration I'd have to assum :)

Lookin` good Doc, glad to hear that the glasses work as advertised. Might have to break down and buy a pair. I do think I got more then 12 inches of penetration with my LED`s. Sure seems that way.

I feel like I have more as well. Maybe it is an illusion? hah :) Oh well, we'll see.

Took some pics, and will upload them when I'm back. It's silly, but I feel embarrassed FOR my plants, as I caught them whilst drooling and passed out! lol... they were a bit droopy due to sleep only. Temps were great, PH is great, everything is great.. funny to see them passed out though! hahah

Latest posts

Back