the frige

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnybuds

Reaction score
when you harvest and hang your bud, can you put them in the frige so they are in a cool dark place?? thanks:)

a frig is more cold than cool, which would largely stop the drying process. i think most refrigerators run around 40 F, about 20-30 degrees below a drying room/cabinet. a closet might be a better place than a frig.

Yeah and theres no air movement to help with the drying process

take care and be safe

Yeah not a good idea at all in my opinion either...that wld be the last place I wld dry my bud. I dry in a tent or a closet...or both if it has been a really good harvest......:hubba:

I think the way to tell if it might work would be to measure the relative humidity in the frige. The lack of air circulation is definitely not a plus though. I've been wondering about reduced temperature drying. Going to have to dig out a very old book and look again at the gas laws. Why don't you try just one bud and see how it goes.

johnnybuds said:
when you harvest and hang your bud, can you put them in the frige so they are in a cool dark place?? thanks:)

'cool' fer sure..;) but 'dark'??.. I dunno. Every time I look in my 'fridge, there's a light on..:confused2:..

j/k....... :p

All I know is I keep my cuts in the fridge for 4 weeks at a clip and they still throw roots. Doesn't sound like it wld do a good job of drying at all. Like paw paw said...I wld worry about the humidity and lack of air circulation.

Nothing like a fresh cold Bud.:D

pawpaw said:
I think the way to tell if it might work would be to measure the relative humidity in the frige. The lack of air circulation is definitely not a plus though. I've been wondering about reduced temperature drying. Going to have to dig out a very old book and look again at the gas laws. Why don't you try just one bud and see how it goes.

i will try it.thanks

Hick said:
'cool' fer sure..;) but 'dark'??.. I dunno. Every time I look in my 'fridge, there's a light on..:confused2:..

j/k....... :p

just take the light out:hubba:

johnnybuds said:
just take the light out:hubba:

Ya, I dunno'. I think there may be an elephant in there too, I see his tracks in the butter :mad:

I just glanced through some formulas and they seem to confirm my faltering memory that all else being equal the evaporation rate for a given (fixed) RH is independent of temperature. Thus drying at 45 degrees F (7.2 C) seems entirely possible. I'm waiting on delivery of a book that I hope will detail the role of oxygen in curing before an attempt at designing an "ideal" drying/curing box that uses peltier devices to cool and dehumidify the box, and an oxygen scrubber if that turns out to be desirable. I'll keep y'all posted.

Latest posts

Back