the good and the ugly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonghits4BreakfasT

Reaction score
hey guys ive got two young ladys here.. both planted roughly two days apart and the first (BigBang) is growing well but the second (Bubblegummer) is being very sluggish ever since it left its seed.. both plants are in the same environment being given the same water/soil etc watering every three days or when it becomes dry. there was a brief period last week when i thought she would catch up to her sister when she started sprouting her second/third set of leaves but as you can see in the picture below things have gotten worse instead of better. soil is still relatively moist.. these two pics were taken five minutes ago. - my guess is the bubble is jsut super picky and i need to get it bottled water or soemthing for the first few weeks. - hope someone can give me guidance before its too late!! thanks guys

View attachment IMG-20110911-00206.jpeg.zip

View attachment IMG-20110911-00207.jpeg.zip

Hey man, im sure people wouldnt mind taking a look if you uploaded the pics to the forum, its pretty easy, i doubt anyone will willingly download zip files from a stranger, just a heads up.

Okay Cpl questions:

These are from seed? You refer to them as lady's so I am guessing fem beans or wishful thinking....

Type of soil?

How much and what kind of light are you using?

The size of your grow space?

Ventilation?

Seedlings don't need to be fed for the first cpl weeks most times but I wld suspect your soil has nutes in it...your plants show some bad signs of ph issues/nute burn.

And yeah I wld resize the pics and upload to this site....not many will click on zipped up attachments. Jmo

It's as easy as reducing/resizing your picture and attaching it ... ;)

Unzipped.jpeg

Hamster is right on, you have either soil that has nutes and they are showing nute burn which happens real easy when they are young, or the PH in your soil is off and they are suffering from bad PH levels.

I also wonder if you have holes in those cups so that excess water can drain out. seedlings throw out tap roots and if they are laying in old water, that will damage them as well

Hushpuppy said:
I also wonder if you have holes in those cups so that excess water can drain out. seedlings throw out tap roots and if they are laying in old water, that will damage them as well

I think you are spot on bro....I wld make bigger drainage holes if you hve any at all. I hve had plants look like that when they had drainage issues.

hey guys my bad, heres the two from before and a pic of my space, you can;t see it but theres a shelve at the top of this box so i cut a hole out of it and put in a fan facing down as to suck in fresh air and then the back panel is on an angle so it has somewhere to go.. they are both femmed seeds, ill move them into other pots and put more holes (although the soil definetly dried out in three days) and repost in a few days:icon_smile:

btw, more lights to come and thx Hick for posting that earlier!

BOXXXXX.jpg

ONE1.jpg

TWO2.jpg

Latest posts

Back