The Great Bag Seed Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biff LaRue

Reaction score
Having survived and learned A LOT from my first and a half grows, I thought I'd keep up a rambling commentary regarding completing the second grow and the entire third grow.

I don't have any idea what strain I'm growing, the seeds have been obtained from a neighbor and he doesn't know either. So I am acquiring experience before dipping into my seed bank which contains Blue Mystic, AK 48 and B-52.

Clone#2
3/7/20 Topped all 9 clones.
3/10/20 Flowering 12/12 started - new growth and they look happy.​

Seed#2
3/7/20 Planted 12 B seeds
3/10/20 8 seedlings up this morning.​

Go Biff !-- I got something that started as an AK but it's different now !-- I bred it to my BBSL -- Then I've used 2 males on that cross !-- Box of Chocolate and B.B.-x- BPU one of Umbra's blueberries !-- I'm growing one the blueberry crosses now !-- This definitely not the AK anymore !-- I like growing some the **** I bred !-- That Mudhole Pink that I'm collecting seed for ?---- I bred the momma and I bred the dad and I bred the Pink !-- This growing addiction is totally outta hand here !

Here's my puddle of green in a 3x3 grow tent. Will go into the 4x6 room after the existing occupants leave.

_MG_2549.JPG

An update; because I know you care.

Seed#2
12 for 12 germinated in my Jiffy Windowsill Greenhouse. Only needed 9 but this is a problem I can handle. Had to throw them into the 4x6 grow room with the old ladies until I can free up some room.​

The seedlings (still 12) are safely tucked away in the grow tent having been transplanted into 1 gal pots this morning. Hate to transplant twice but I don't have anymore 2 gal pots and payday isn't until Wednesday.

Attachments

• _MG_2550.JPG
    _MG_2550.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 18
Why did you put them in such big pots so early? It is really hard to give such small seedlings the right amount of water and food when they are in such large pots. I generally germinate in solo cups and then leave them in the cups for several weeks. Even when I germinate in rapid rooters, I let them get several sets of leaves before they are transplanted.

Well, the way I look at it is the seedling doesn't know if it's in a Dixie cup or a 5 gallon bucket and the 5 gallon bucket has a lot more food than the Dixie cup. I water by misting every day and bottom water sparingly which encourages deep root creation. These were germinated in those little peat pucks and were in need of transplanting, IMHO. I'm the first to say 'I don't know', I am only doing what my gardening background has taught me.

EDIT: This is one of the reasons I am growing bag seed; cheaper knowledge.

3/22/20
Puddle Of Green clones 2 weeks into flowering. Much better vertical control this time and the new 1500 W coming will help even more.

_MG_2551.JPG

_MG_2552.JPG

Last edited:
3/22/20
Seedlings looking happy 7 days after transplanting. Need to do a little rotation work but I'm happy so far?

_MG_2553.JPG

Latest posts

Back