the great growguide rip off scandle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolly green giant

Reaction score
Hi all to my new pals on here,

Just for curiousity I had to go back and see what whas happening on that desolate place from whence I came (the ggf), sorry for swearing lol.

Well, this is what mark had to say about the rip-off of TBG's pic :confused:

"
Hi all,

Hmm where do I start...... Well its been busy on here, I have been offline with technical problems with the phone line and I have missed it all.

Firstly, I do apologise to the crazy crew over at Marijuana Passion for the usage of the image of your sweet sweet bud.

I took the image from the google image search, after typing in the search 'Big Bud' I didn’t realise the picture was not Big Bud and that the image was from MP.

Hope this amends the matter,

Back to the Seeds...... Come on how many?

Regards Mark"

Soooooooo,

I went on google, selected 'Images' and typed in 'big bud' and hit the return key.
I got - Results 1 - 18 of about 6,200 for big bud. (0.06 seconds)
There are loads of good pics of 'big bud', any of which he could have used!
But the main thing is, I went 7 pages deep and still havent come across your pic TBG!
He has just proved himself :p liar liar, pants on fire:p lol

Just thought you all might like to know that :confused: but then again, whats to know? cos you already did ;)

Peace & respect to you all

JGG

At least he came forward with a reasonable explanation. Strange though, that TBG's pic would surface from a "Big Bud" search. Hell, look at that tiny thing, who could mistake that for a "big bud"..;) (tongue in cheek)
I guesse, the fact is without a water mark or copyright, your pictures are subject to unsolicited use by about anyone. Though it did appear unscrupulous, he didn't claim the picture as "his" nor that he grew it.
Possibly an honest mistake?
I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

there's something very suss about all that.

Hick said:
Though it did appear unscrupulous, he didn't claim the picture as "his" nor that he grew it.
Possibly an honest mistake?
I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It is rare (actually the first time) I ever disagree with ya hick. You are my mentor so I am challenging this in the best way I can. but you are my mentor don;t ever think this in disrespect bro.
This guy did wrong. He stated that those seeds in that pic would grow into what he showed. It was a blatent deception. Re -read the original post. He got caught and is trying to weasle. IMHO. Mistakes yes, but this was no mistake. He got caught red-handed and is trying to fix it. In my very to the point opinion.
My thoughts how long has rip offs been taking place on the WWW. Isn't it about time we as a community said enough? To me to make a stand to the other part of society is to remain honest and true to our beleifs and not allow this kind of behavior go. To lead...you must first do so by example. To say "This is part of who I am". Not to be the poster child for anti-MJ causes. To stand out.
These forums are part of a collective in the pursuit of MJ legalization. It is a collective to seperate MJ from its "company". If we show society that we are theives and scam artists what does that say about us.
We need to nip this activity in the bud. Fake contests, deception. Its a horrible part of our "hobby". But to change the view of our culture, we need to do so by example. and this guy is one of many that undermind the truth IMHO. This dude really got to me.

"Disagree" with me?..as your mentor I forbid it. :p
HAH!..this would be one boreing world if we all held the same opinions. And much of what you say, I can agree with.
I have the desire to believe in the good in people, sometimes too a fault. I'm receptive to the "possibiliy" that TBG's bud came up in a seaarch engine as "a big bud". And the guy posted it up as a picture of "Big Bud".
But don't take that as a validation of his authenticity. And don't think for a scond that I considered makeing a "guesse at the number of seeds" in that pile. ;)
Personally I shy away from anyone promoting "give aways" or "contests". IMHO, personal information should never consider being exchanged in conjunction with anything to do with our "hobby".

Hi Guys,:)
I guess there's logic in both your views Mutt & Hick, but I personally now think "why lie when the truth is good enough?"
I looked for TBG's pic in the same way as Mark and got no reults (mind I only went 7 pages in!) and if he feels the need to lie or mislead anyone about that, what else would he feel the need to lie about?:confused:

Respect

JGG

Ack... I just googled 'Big Bud' and low and behold, 8 links down on the first page there's a link to the Big Bud strain here on marijuanapassion.com... with TBG's picture at the top of the page... I'm not sticking up for the cat the used the pic, only saying I can see how it happened...

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/BigBud.htm

Latest posts

Back