The low odor thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombtombadll

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a new grower that is limited to growing low (lower) odor strains. I have a feeling that I'm not alone keeping my grow discreet, especially folks that live in state/countries where it's not legal. If you've grown strains that had "less" smell, let me know how well that worked for you. I'm growing Northern Lights now for the second time and it is very low odor. I could live without a carbon filter all the way to week 7 of flower with this strain. Side note, I noticed that lower temperatures reduce smell as well, I'm growing at 68-72 degrees. When my temperature raises to 74 or so, the odor picks up.

Quick story, I smoke good cigars, and while on a recent camping trip, I offered a cigar to a fellow camper. He then asked me " do you smoke?" I said sure, cigars, but he pressed on. "No, I mean do you smoke". He went to his campsite and brough back a huge glass jar full of buds and tossed me a 1/4 like it was nothing. (I traded a 20 dollar cigar for 1/4). The buds he handed me were so stinky that I wrapped then in 5 plastic bags and hid them under my tent. Even outdoors, these buds stunk up my entire campsite. I want to make sure I don't grow a stain like this !

Here is a list of strains I'm considering. Any additional recommendations greatly appreciated.

The list below is recommended by ILGM

Best Low Odor Strains for Growing Cannabis in 2022 (ilovegrowingmarijuana.com)

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm a new grower that is limited to growing low (lower) odor strains. I have a feeling that I'm not alone keeping my grow discreet, especially folks that live in state/countries where it's not legal. If you've grown strains that had "less" smell, let me know how well that worked for you. I'm growing Northern Lights now for the second time and it is very low odor. I could live without a carbon filter all the way to week 7 of flower with this strain. Side note, I noticed that lower temperatures reduce smell as well, I'm growing at 68-72 degrees. When my temperature raises to 74 or so, the odor picks up.

Quick story, I smoke good cigars, and while on a recent camping trip, I offered a cigar to a fellow camper. He then asked me " do you smoke?" I said sure, cigars, but he pressed on. "No, I mean do you smoke". He went to his campsite and brough back a huge glass jar full of buds and tossed me a 1/4 like it was nothing. (I traded a 20 dollar cigar for 1/4). The buds he handed me were so stinky that I wrapped then in 5 plastic bags and hid them under my tent. Even outdoors, these buds stunk up my entire campsite. I want to make sure I don't grow a stain like this !

Here is a list of strains I'm considering. Any additional recommendations greatly appreciated.
The granddaddy purple has a wonderful smell not stinky at all but does give off a wild smell during the drying process. It wouldn’t smell like that stuff that you had to hide under the tent but I would like to grow some of that 😁

Durban Poison————— stinks

Jack Herer——————-stinks

Master Kush—————-stinks

TrainWreck————-stinks

Strawberry Cough———-stinks

hel la lineup!

good luck Amigo!

I understand BTom. But there is something about dank bud....people like me love it...That is why I spare no expense on filters. I have always grown the dankest bud I can find.

Some day my friend, someday. Sad thing is, kids live at home much longer these days, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to grow out in the open.

Who wants to smell like Pepe Le Peau anyway ! Dam this new fangled bud is loud. (old guy trying to be cool, using modern slang, correct me if my usage of loud is incorrect....)

The granddaddy purple has a wonderful smell not stinky at all but does give off a wild smell during the drying process. It wouldn’t smell like that stuff that you had to hide under the tent but I would like to grow some of that 😁

Yeah man ! This one is on my radar big time due to its high THC... Maybe I'll try it next grow.

I found garden gold @twenty20mendicino a few months ago...I don't know how it can be much better...two strains I've gotten there have rocked my garden...girl crush and snocaine...

Side note: I should have said low odor, or an odor that isn't instantly recognizable as weed. NL is an example, it's a really sweet honey smell. It still smells like weed, but not nearly as much as others.

Well now I'm confused, this thread seems to have shifted to the "what stinks the most thread"... Lol.

Is Lemon Betty low odor or high odor?

I think we have a winner here, I'll try this strain next grow, I've read many good things about it and I like the classics. Do you have any breeder/seed bank recommendation for good GDP? I'm thinking of trying something other than Nirvana this grow.

Latest posts

Back