The Lucas Formula

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemon Jack

Above the clouds
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can someone explain to me exactly what this is? and what benefits are from using it? Is it just to save money on nutes not having to use the grow or what?

Or is it actually another method for improved growth? Have there been any experiments using it and using GH's method side by side to see results?

Thanks guys.
:48:

rather suprisingly hXXp://lucasformula.com/ contains all the info you need :hubba:

Flick

I think most hydro growers that use gh3 part has played around with the lucas formula somewhat, I know I have. Some growers like it, some don't, it is growers preference. Me I like to keep some N(grow) in there for the first week or so of flower before I switch to my modified lucas formula.

flickthebean The forum sort of frowns on live outside links, need to replace the tt with XX to kill the live link.

Alright thanks guys. It seems like something to experiment with and if I could save 40 bucks thats cool too :)

I would like to add a bit to the link that Flick posted. While the Lucas formula is supposed to be 8 ml of micro and 16 ml of bloom per gal, some plants cannot handle that kind of concentrations of nutes and some need more. IMO, you should look at the Lucas formula as being a 2-1 Micro-Bloom ratio and feed your plants what they need. You certainly cannot expect young plants to be able to handle concentrations like that.

That being said, I do not use the Lucas formula during veg. The plants I used it on simply did not do as well as the ones I used a grow formula on. I generally use Flora Nova Grow for vegging plants.

Thanks alot THG you just keep helpin me out :)

That helps alot cause I was thinkin that would be an awful lot right outta the gate even at half strength the ratio thing helps.

Im going to try this method when I switch to flower but I think I'll stick with the GH formula throught the rest of veg.

Latest posts

Back