The MP cannabis grafting thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombbudpuffa

Sweet Cheeba Chiefa
Reaction score
What's up MP? I was looking at all the clones I have sitting around and was thinking it would be nice if I didn't have so many or if I had so many but on one plant. Then I was on another forum and saw a grafting thread. So I decided to do some grafting. The plan is to find the clones I want to keep and graft them all, any way I can, onto a single root stock.

I chose a bag seed clone as the root stock because of its vigor and size. I took my scion(plant to be grafted onto the root stock) from a Kurple Guerilla.

I went with a side graft or side veneer graft. Sorry I didn't take pics but I'll take another scion from something else and do a step by step with pics later today.

3 days later and the scion is looking good. Perking back up as it was wilted yesterday. You can tell by the leaves the scion is still alive and will more than likely take.

Anyone want to join me?

View attachment 2017-01-17_11.34.13.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-17_11.33.42.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-17_13.56.23.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-17_13.56.58.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-17_13.58.10.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-17_13.58.55.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-17_13.59.36.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-17_14.00.03.jpg

Pics 3-8 is a wedge/cleft graft. Done by making a wedge in your root stock then placing a scion into the wedge.

How fun! I used to mess around with grafting roses. I will be watching..

good stuff---i too thought of plant counts as well jaam---as that is a nice way to have starts ready to roll and be within the count---somewheres else i vaguely remember somebody doing something similar---except they encased the cut stem in a plastic baggie and actually had roots in the bag growing from the host plant---pretty brilliant

This is awesome I've always been interested in this great job my friend I will definitely be watching

good stuff---i too thought of plant counts as well jaam---as that is a nice way to have starts ready to roll and be within the count---somewheres else i vaguely remember somebody doing something similar---except they encased the cut stem in a plastic baggie and actually had roots in the bag growing from the host plant---pretty brilliant

What you're describing sounds like air layering. Its a technique of taking cutting without cutting anything from the host plant.

I have a question could you take a branch from a female plant and graft it to a boy plant and if so could the boy plant pollinate the female Branch or would that branch turn boy

Actually reversed that put the boy limb on the female plant so when you're done with him doing his thing you can cut him off

BBP this is very interesting. I would think if your root stock is bigger the more you could graft. Looks as you are proving it possible. Still getting my plant count to the point of cloning.
I will along for the ride.

Actually reversed that put the boy limb on the female plant so when you're done with him doing his thing you can cut him off

Yes...you can do it either way and yes they will still make seeds.

BBP this is very interesting. I would think if your root stock is bigger the more you could graft. Looks as you are proving it possible. Still getting my plant count to the point of cloning.
I will along for the ride.

It's definitely not easy. Ime most don't take. The wedge graft I did in the 1st post didn't take. The side graft is still alive and well.

I'll be doing a few more grafts tomorrow. Pics then.

:ciao: Bomb

Ive done this years ago and had 5 strains. took me forever to get it down but I found that the " Host " plant should have a good strong root base. A bad root base will not work. and it seems the scions that took was the ones I placed at the Node sections. I also used a root hormone on the cut and wrapped with medical tape to allow the wound to heal. pulling up the Box to watch

:48:

tcabs

That is awesome and shoot on the other one... Keep it up.. we are watching..

Thanks rose! I'll try and take grafts regularly so this thread doesn't get stale.

Latest posts

Back