The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite fighter, Anderson Silva retired last night at age 45. All of my sports heroes are done now, shoot, I drop reference to some players and kids be like, huh? Tony Gwynn, Ricky Henderson, Ryne Sandberg MF'ers
I watch UFC and MMA all the time. Anderson was and still is a great fighter.

G'Afternoon, y'all! Food shopping is done. But microwave started making weird noises this morning, so it's time to go pick up a new one. It lasted 13 years, no complaints...
Drift There is a silver Mica shield that goes bad on the wall inside the Microwave, it is held in place by two plastic push in pins, They sell new peices of Mica on Ebay and you can cut and drill to make a replacement shield,
When the shield is bad you will hear sparking and see flashing like someone put foil or metal in there.
Very easy fix, but helll 13 yrs get a new one, for sure,

The Mica shield is a cover for the Magnatron and Wave cavity
See the source image
Image result for microwave mica cover magnatron

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey ya'll.... was nice today, the wind is getting up from cold front coming through. Supposed to be 35F tonight, but we are in the country so might get a little colder, hope everything will be alright, I'm just going to put some plastic over a couple plants...

Got some chicken breast soaking up rib rub, to make bbq chicken sandwiches for dinner..

Well, the storm screwed us up on the wife's last doc visit, now her and the assistant have been playing phone tag since Thursday, probably have to go back one day this week.

This dang time change has already got me messed up, keep thinking it's later than it is, judging by the sun...I wish they would leave it alone.

'Bout time to fire up the grill, ya'll have a good evening/night.

I watch UFC and MMA all the time. Anderson was and still is a great fighter.
Awesome, I've been into it for a long time. At first I didn't like Silva because he destroyed my Boy Chris Leben... but the mastery of the spider won me over. I got to meet him at a few UFC events, but never got to see him fight. Jon Jones is past his peak, but at his peak, he was amazing, I just always wished he would get his ass kicked once so he would be a little more humble. But the problem with that, I couldn't think of a person who could do it. I like the future of Adesanya, he reminds me of a younger Silva. I hope that Adesanya and Jones do meet up next year. All depends if Adesanya can steal the 205 title in his next fight.

I am making weinerschnitzel tonight. This is so easy and so fargin good, I gotta share my Fambly recipe.

For two people:

Wiener Schnitzel​

INGREDIENTS:

2 boneless pork chops (fatty edge removed)

1 Cup flour with some celery seeds in it

1 Tsp salt

1 Tsp pepper

2 Beaten eggs with some lemon mixed in it

1/4 Cup milk

2 Cups Panko with 1 Tbsp lemon pepper mixed in

Oil for frying

Lemon wedges (or lemon juice if you do not have a lemon tree)

PROCEDURE:

Lay the cutlets one at a time on a big cutting board. Cover the cutlet with both a bottom and top of saran wrap and beat the crap out of the cutlets – both sides – with Thor's Hammer** until they are very, very thin. You'll be able to see through them.
**That's my tenderizing hammer thingy

You may have to adjust the saran wrap because that 5" cutlet will get more than a foot across and long. TINS. And the purpose of using it is to prevent a mess on your cutting board.

Stir together the flour, salt, and pepper. In the green/blue relic** bowl, combine the beaten lemony egg and milk.
**A mixing bowl we have had for 61 years. Use it all the time.

Coat the cutlets with the flour mixture. Dip the floured cutlets in the egg mixture, and coat them with the Panko.

Cook in a small amount of cooking oil until lightly browned and tender (about 2-3 minutes per side).

Serve with lemon wedges, applesauce, peas, and Reisling wine. You can cut it with a fork.

Last edited:
I am making weinerschnitzel tonight. This is so easy and so fargin good, I gotta share my Fambly recipe.

For two people:

Wiener Schnitzel​

INGREDIENTS:

2 boneless pork chops (fatty edge removed)

1 Cup flour with some celery seeds in it

1 Tsp salt

1 Tsp pepper

2 Beaten eggs with some lemon mixed in it

1/4 Cup milk

2 Cups Panko with 1 Tbsp lemon pepper mixed in

Oil for frying

Lemon wedges (or lemon juice if you do not have a lemon tree)

PROCEDURE:

Lay the cutlets one at a time on a big cutting board. Cover the cutlet with both a bottom and top of saran wrap and beat the crap out of the cutlets – both sides – with Thor's Hammer** until they are very, very thin. You'll be able to see through them.

You may have to adjust the saran wrap because that 5" cutlet will get more than a foot across and long. TINS. And the purpose of using it is to prevent a mess on your cutting board.
**That's my tenderizing hammer thingy

Stir together the flour, salt, and pepper. In the green/blue relic** bowl, combine the beaten lemony egg and milk.
**A mixing bowl we have had for 61 years. Use it all the time.

Coat the cutlets with the flour mixture. Dip the floured cutlets in the egg mixture, and coat them with the Panko.

Cook in a small amount of cooking oil until tender (about 2-3 minutes per side).

Serve with lemon wedges, applesauce, peas, and Reisling wine.

See the source image

On my way
See the source image

Last edited by a moderator:
Drift There is a silver Mica shield that goes bad on the wall inside the Microwave, it is held in place by two plastic push in pins, They sell new peices of Mica on Ebay and you can cut and drill to make a replacement shield,
When the shield is bad you will hear sparking and see flashing like someone put foil or metal in there.
Very easy fix, but helll 13 yrs get a new one, for sure,

The Mica shield is a cover for the Magnatron and Wave cavity
See the source image
Image result for microwave mica cover magnatron

hey man , do you think I can make a hat out of one of those?
my old one is weak sauce

71C6D36D-FE5F-471F-BBA0-C2A66BE18926.jpeg

So I made sumpin' impossibobble on my lathe:

1604321138332.png
Note the loose ring... you can spin it.

And a goblet: Can you count the layers of wood?

1604321216479.png
BTW: That is bare wood, no finish.

FAIR WARNING!!! FAIR WARNING!! HAVE EYEWASH READY!!

Herself tooken a pic of Your Humble Obdn't &tc working in the heat of the garage:

1604321383724.png

Latest posts

Back