The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While we are on the subject of good shooting...

This guy is worth watching. To cut to the action, start and the 53 second mark. He fires a revolver faster than anyone on the planet.

And that's exactly why snipers were invented. Gotta back shoot someone that good.
Now I haveta tell youse about a guy that puts the above shooter in the shade:

Every now and then the human race produces an individual with godlike shooting ability. Ad Toepperwein was one of them.

I discovered him when I read the story of how he had boys throw two small pine blocks (2"x2") in the air. He began shooting, and after a while they ran out of new blocks, so they threw the smaller pieces up. Of 72,500, he missed nine! <-- 😮

He was not limited to one "trick". He could eject a shell from his Winchester repeating rifle and then hit the shell with a bullet before the shell hit the ground.

Toepperwein went even further: He threw 5 eggs into the air, picked up his Winchester .22 rifle and shot all 5 eggs before they hit the ground.

Then he made it "difficult" -- He tossed 3 eggs in the air and shot each egg with a different rifle.

When I was 8 years old, I pussanally watched him shoot a 4'x2' sheet of copper with a Winchester autoloader. Almost as fast as a machine-gun, he made a perfect portrait of an Indian chief.
Wasn't he also the one that is pictured on top of a giant mound of 2x2 chunks that he'd shot out of the air with a Remington Nylon 66?

Oh, and correct me if'n I'm wrong, but I think that derringer is an over and under .410. I'm with ya on why you'd want a trigger that size and shape to hang up on the lining of your pocket.

Lookin' at the Derringer under the clunky .357 in the top pic... WHY inna world would anyone want a hammer the size of Ethiopia on a Derringer... larger than one on a 1911? Just so you must hand-carry it everywhere? Never get it out of a pocket...

And, good gosh, WHY would you have a gigantic front sight on a fargin Derringer?

These people aren't thinking. Or worse, they are thinking like advertising types going for the showboaters with useless "cool" stuff on weapons. Derringers are for concealment and acquisition without difficulty.

And the good ones are double-action. You are not target or skeet shooting.

This is Herself's Derringer carry. Note it is hammerless, and sports a tiny, no-snag front sight: View attachment 305045
And 22 Mag I might add
I have a blued never fired in original felt box

Lookin' at the Derringer under the clunky .357 in the top pic... WHY inna world would anyone want a hammer the size of Ethiopia on a Derringer... larger than one on a 1911? Just so you must hand-carry it everywhere? Never get it out of a pocket...

And, good gosh, WHY would you have a gigantic front sight on a fargin Derringer?

These people aren't thinking. Or worse, they are thinking like advertising types going for the showboaters with useless "cool" stuff on weapons. Derringers are for concealment and acquisition without difficulty.

This is Herself's Derringer carry. Note it is hammerless, and sports a tiny, no-snag front sight: View attachment 305045
Good Lord!! I just checked. When I got hers (at a gun show) it cost $199 new.

Now used, they go for $500. YIKES!
This is a High Standard DM-101 22 Magnum. It looks unfired and comes as seen in original display case. It will make a unique addition to your collection. I am selling this one on c... (read more)
GUN #: 939375499 -- $499.00

https://www.gunsamerica.com/9393754...gnum-Derringer-3-5-2-Shot.htm?isPartner=false

And that's exactly why snipers were invented. Gotta back shoot someone that good.

Wasn't he also the one that is pictured on top of a giant mound of 2x2 chunks that he'd shot out of the air with a Remington Nylon 66?

Oh, and correct me if'n I'm wrong, but I think that derringer is an over and under .410. I'm with ya on why you'd want a trigger that size and shape to hang up on the lining of your pocket.
Very Good eye
In fact it will fire both 45cal auto and 410 shot shell
https://click-click-boom.com/shop/f...-blade-sight-fixed-rear-sight-natural-finish/

Good Lord!! I just checked. When I got hers (at a gun show) it cost $199 new.

Now used, they go for $500. YIKES!
This is a High Standard DM-101 22 Magnum. It looks unfired and comes as seen in original display case. It will make a unique addition to your collection. I am selling this one on c... (read more)
GUN #: 939375499 -- $499.00

High Standard Model Hi-Standard DM-101 .22 Magn... for sale
I paid 50 dollars for mine used but never out of box
1st edition
1659621304008.png

Looks like this but its a Mag 22

I'll tell ya a little story about that piece, but you'll swear I'm a liar.

I knew a couple of chuckleheads that I'd met 40+ years ago. Best friends. Drank together, smoked buds together, and chased tail together.
They stopped past Super City in Flint to check out guns. One wound up buying the .22 LR version, while his buddy bought the mag.
A few months later, they're out in the woods raising h ell, and the buzz told 'em that it would be real fun to play mumbly-peg with the derringers with their hands spread wide on the side of a tree.
You can kinda see where this one's going, can't ya?
They actually got off quite a few rounds without a problem. Second to the last shot, the guy with the LR nicked the finger of his buddy. Now, it's his buddy's turn.
Yep, a 22 mag straight through the palm of his hand. He didn't lose the hand, but it stayed stiff for the rest of his life.

Always had a deal with my friends; When the booze comes out, the guns go up. Common sense, if'n ya think abut it.

I'll tell ya a little story about that piece, but you'll swear I'm a liar.

I knew a couple of chuckleheads that I'd met 40+ years ago. Best friends. Drank together, smoked buds together, and chased tail together.
They stopped past Super City in Flint to check out guns. One wound up buying the .22 LR version, while his buddy bought the mag.
A few months later, they're out in the woods raising h ell, and the buzz told 'em that it would be real fun to play mumbly-peg with the derringers with their hands spread wide on the side of a tree.
You can kinda see where this one's going, can't ya?
They actually got off quite a few rounds without a problem. Second to the last shot, the guy with the LR nicked the finger of his buddy. Now, it's his buddy's turn.
Yep, a 22 mag straight through the palm of his hand. He didn't lose the hand, but it stayed stiff for the rest of his life.

Always had a deal with my friends; When the booze comes out, the guns go up. Common sense, if'n ya think abut it.
Never did that again I bet LOL
How your hand doing now Bro?

Good morning/evening wherever you are - late afternoon here.

No secret that I'm a Malawi Gold lover and every once in a blue moon l do a cob cure the good old way. Unwrapped a few cobs earlier to check on their progress and I'm more than satisfied with how they have turned out.
DSCN5054.JPG

Properly done, they mostly look like old turds - however, these have the loveliest earthy spicy smell to them and one I tried has a silky smooth and very satisfying smoke. I'll wrap the others up again and let them continue to mellow to perfection

To your good health

Last edited:
Goof morning/evening wherever you are - late afternoon here.

No secret that I'm a Malawi Gold lover and every once in a blue moon l do a cob cure the good old way. Unwrapped a few cobs earlier to check on their progress and I'm more than satisfied with how they have turned out.
View attachment 305055
Properly done, they mostly look like old turds - however, these have the loveliest earthy spicy smell to them and one I tried has a silky smooth and very satisfying smoke. I'll wrap the others up again and let them continue to mellow to perfection

To your good health
Cool Can you expend on this process
How do you make them

1659623280386.png

1659623305308.png

1659623348005.png

Supplies:
* You'll need something to wrap the buds in. The best wrapper appears to be corn husks. I got mine from the rain forest, but you can find them in many stores for wrapping tamales. Alternatively, Tangwena suggested construction-weight paper bags. They'll withstand the abuse better than thinner bags. The corn husks create more surface area with their grooves. Tangwena says he swears by the sweeter taste created by the husks.

* The best cobs hold 1.5 - 2 ounces of buds, at somewhere around 80% RH

* A vacuum sealer system eliminates the threat of mold. You're going to squeeze them snugly.

* The process begins with a 24 - hour sweating step, maintaining the cobs at 40 C/104 F. There are many ways to achieve this, some of which repuk suggested on his chart. I'll be using a seed-starting heat pad with an inverted container under the insulating weight of a couple towels. Simplicity and frugality rolled into one.

There were some good pointers I found in just the first 10% of Tangwena's thread.

Aaaaand I just realized they got deleted. Lol! I'll go back over the material tonight and tomorrow and add it into this thread. I'll get the process worked up with details. They're aware that we're building on their experience and heartily encourage us to create a flow between the communities.

Tangwena's intention is to share this wonderful gift of knowledge with the world, to change the hearts and minds of cannabis enthusiasts, one cob at a time. I'm honored, as an unofficial ambassador of :420: to bring the knowledge back to my friends.

I think we're going to look back on this day warmly as the start of something wonderful. Can't you feel it? :yahoo:

Morning Not yet I use it as a preventative weekly sprays
Once in a while with this humidity I see a spot or two on bigger fans .
Not spreading at all , the stuff works.

do you have a grow thread started anywhere so I can drool over your plants and see what flavors you are growing?

I am thinking that the trigger area has two hooks that could snag when drawn

Latest posts

Back