The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke to Patwi earlier today and he’s doing well, just a little overloaded on the Internet so he’s taking a break… I was putting up a very large pot roast I cooked earlier in the week, and it didn’t take much for Ivan to drag his carcass into the kitchen for goodies.
A pup has his priorities! Good that he is feeling good enough to focus on food!
german-shepherd.gif

OOOH OOOOH -- Gotta pass this on:

My grandling Wolfie wanted to come up with his serious squeeze (Madison AKA: Maddie) to let her shoot the crossbow. Maddie could not come to our Thanksgiving dinner, and missed out on it.

I had the firing range all set up by the time they got to the Chateau. Sat her down in a chair in the shade, set up the shooting sticks, and placed the beast down in front of her.

I 'splained how to look in the scope, and to put the crosshairs on the red bullseye on the target 30 feet away. She finally got the idea, and so I charged the thing and put a bolt/arrow in the slot.

She's looking very carefully, shifting on the chair, and I tell her to push the safety off. She looks down the scope...

Fires. And my $15 arrow goes to the right of the target backstop and digs into the lawn. That thing will never be found. A crossbow bolt can travel 30 feet through roots and loam if it hits nearly horizontal. And it did. I called everybody off from looking for it.

Set it all up again. She put it right in the center of the red dot bullseye. YAY. Wolfie shot the beast a dozen times, too. Fun time. She took her "Shoot 'n See" targets home.

High point of the day. I realized that the pair could be: "Mad-Wolf"!!

My grandling Wolfie wanted to come up with his serious squeeze (Madison AKA: Maddie) to let her shoot the crossbow. Maddie could not come to our Thanksgiving dinner, and missed out on it.

I had the firing range all set up by the time they got to the Chateau. Sat her down in a chair in the shade, set up the shooting sticks, and placed the beast down in front of her.

I 'splained how to look in the scope, and to put the crosshairs on the red bullseye on the target 30 feet away. She finally got the idea, and so I charged the thing and put a bolt/arrow in the slot.

She's looking very carefully, shifting on the chair, and I tell her to push the safety off. She looks down the scope...

Fires. And my $15 arrow goes to the right of the target backstop and digs into the lawn. That thing will never be found. A crossbow bolt can travel 30 feet through roots and loam if it hits nearly horizontal. And it did. I called everybody off from looking for it.

Set it all up again. She put it right in the center of the red dot bullseye. YAY. Wolfie shot the beast a dozen times, too. Fun time. She took her "Shoot 'n See" targets home.

I like that my crossbow puts up a barrier so i dont take the tips of my fingers off

i done went and hit a wrong key there gw, i'm still about half asleep.
Thanks for giving me a chance to add a modicum of levity while pulling your chain brother!

Kool! The world needs more wolves. Leave us not forget who gifted us dogs in their own image!!

My oldest grandson's ex-wife is named Madeline, and she was a wrath with a German long sword but chose not to stick around, so the " Mad Wolf" position is certainly open.

i'm from the south, breakfast, and lunch. now here is where i differ, dinner is when you go out with the wife/kids and or friends, and where we ate most of the time at the kitchen bar. supper is when everybody sets down to the table and eats a home made meal. my family called it the supper table. only other time it was used was to do homework.

Wife and I passed our 45th anniversary yesterday, .. it's all good .. it made me think of how that daily downpour from the world had layered a crustily crunchy outlook from me concerning most of the human population. .... then I wandered into longing for that preteen. wide eyed and virtually all accepting view I had enjoyed of the world at that early point in my life .. . Life is good guys

Balance is what my wife is to me ..

congratulations Amigo!

i'm from the south, breakfast, and lunch. now here is where i differ, dinner is when you go out with the wife/kids and or friends, and where we ate most of the time at the kitchen bar. supper is when everybody sets down to the table and eats a home made meal. my family called it the supper table. only other time it was used was to do homework.
Whatever it was called by whomever called it was good enough for me !

Wife and I passed our 45th anniversary yesterday, .. it's all good .. it made me think of how that daily downpour from the world had layered a crustily crunchy outlook from me concerning most of the human population. .... then I wandered into longing for that preteen. wide eyed and virtually all accepting view I had enjoyed of the world at that early point in my life .. . Life is good guys

Balance is what my wife is to me ..

congrats

Latest posts

Back