The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as long as it is apizza New Haven style

What Is Apizza?​

First things first, though. What's the deal with that letter "a" at the beginning? Is that some sort of typo?

Actually, no, the "a" belongs there. New Haven apizza is pronounced "abeets," which is a throwback to the way it was pronounced by the original Neapolitan immigrants who moved to the area around the turn of the 20th century.

Basically, apizza is a thin-crust pizza that is traditionally baked in a coal-fired brick oven. The coal gives the crust a sooty, smoky, flavor, and the high heat of the oven gives the bottom of the crust its characteristically charred quality.
Just saw this now and after all the pizza talk thats all I have been saying !

I like mine with cheeze, sweet peppers, and meatballs or sausage...I believe anthony's has a 900 degree coal oven that cooks the pie in minutes or something like that...I'm gettin hangry for a pie...

1674037441834.png

Awright... Lemme show you my side. This is why I write. (Good thing, 'cause there ain't no money in it!) No. Get serious. This IS why I write.

Just got this review for one of my novels:

xxxxxxxx ...and I felt probably every emotion throughout the novel, from horror and repulsion in the conditions that they endured during their long voyage over, to happiness and tears for them during their life, to anger at the corrupt government and I experienced all of this because of the talented way you brought it all to life...Looking forward to hearing that you're working on a sequel.

good morning all you Cool Cats

3-4 inches of snow and more coming

indoor day for the chickens unless i shovel them some paths because they will NOT walk on snow , they get confused and then get stuck and the next thing i know is i am carrying a dozen chickens out of the snow and into the he house..

So yeah , they can sleep in today

dam barometric pressure is ragging on my arse again….bullseye! , that is me under the big L next to the border between Colorado and kansas….

moar coffee

F11FC8CE-A940-498B-8B6C-99D747A18A7D.png

Latest posts

Back