The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'Morning, y'all. Not doing much with this cold front that blew thru, due to how much pain I'm in. But today all the plant come out of the GH's, till the next frost/freeze. Sometimes it feels like a yoyo.
My Brother EC, I look forward to the day we sit in lodge together. Seeing as I'm not active in a lodge here in the swamps it'll have to be in your lodge, because the chances o me going back north(Illinois) are slim to none...

G'Morning, y'all. Not doing much with this cold front that blew thru, due to how much pain I'm in. But today all the plant come out of the GH's, till the next frost/freeze. Sometimes it feels like a yoyo.
My Brother EC, I look forward to the day we sit in lodge together. Seeing as I'm not active in a lodge here in the swamps it'll have to be in your lodge, because the chances o me going back north(Illinois) are slim to none...
Sorry to hear of your owies, Drift. MySonTheDoctor (always one word) told me about Voltaren <-- this is a topical over-the-counter med that keeps me in one piece. Cheap, too.

You smear on a gob of it wherever you hurt, and less than ten minutes later, the hurt is gone. Honest injun.

Lookit the USER RATINGS: 4.4 out of 5 stars

Voltaren Walmart
Product Title Voltaren Topical Arthritis Pain Relief Gel - 1.7 oz Tube Average Rating: ( 4.4 ) out of 5 stars 655 ratings , based on 655 reviews Current Price $9.97 $ 9 . 97 ($5.67/ea)

Last edited:
I am not a religious person. I have personally watched religion prey on the weak and elderly using heaven as a tool to scare them for donations. My mother actually had to get control of my grandmother's finances to keep the local Baptist Preacher from taking all of her savings. He was actually going go her house to pray with her and would always walk away a fat donation. Ended up getting over $10,000 before it stopped.

My mother donated thousands over and above her 10% tithe to our local First Baptist building fund from her savings, at the same time my sibling and I sent her money for her support. It was in response to the pressure from her minister to help him accomplish God's work and his lifetime goal of building a house of wordship from the ground up before he retired.

In the overall scheme of things, it brought more solace to Mom and the minister than it did to me and my sister. It is unfortunate that the affairs of our gods are handled by mortal men, with all the pathology of mortal men.

I too had some religious experiences in my thirties searching for God and truth with the aid of certain mushrooms, cacti, herbs, as well as windowpane and PCP. At the time I was primarily focused on Zen Buddhism, so my experiences were more related to understanding being one with the universe as well as the mortals surrounding me, than meeting Jesus or the First Baptist God of thunder and lightening that I grew up with.

From that I walked away with one commandment, which is thou shalt not create disharmony in the universal body. Consider that in relationship to the last six of the 10 commandments.

True story, way back when I was married I joked I hope the Church does not burn down,
it did 2 months later. Yes the main steeple was struck by lightning and it burnt to the ground.

Don't let your guard down brother. Word must have gotten back to God about the desecration and he has never been known to miss, so maybe he subcontracted the lightening bolt from heaven thang that arrived two months late to stop it.

Morning, Gents. Got to spend the afternoon with Brother Yooper making bubble hash in the garage with my un-patented Bubble-Matic. He came over in his new Jeep Gladiator. Good LAWD, that's one pretty truck! I'd love to have one, but he can keep the payment book! Sure is a fancy thing, though. Inside, you'd swear you were sitting in a Caddy. All leather, all beautiful. Outside looks like it could drive over a curb and not even spill yer beer.

What kind of buggy did Boo buy this time? Something fast, I'll bet.

1607005028626.png

For the pugilists out there

One of the best fights ever! Boxing isn't like it used to be. I can't name one world champ in any weight class. We are now regulated to watching old men try and punch it out......Tyson/Jones......

who on here is going to jump up and accept the near future Vaseline for the dishonestly hyped up virtually non killing virus ?... just curious .. and you can't sue for any liabilities sustained ... within 5 years of accepting your Vaseline shot your body looks like Quasimodo and your mind is screaming but no audio is released from your throat ..

I guess this is flavoured like a poll, but .. I kinda would like to know

Latest posts

Back