The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been thinking about changing over to a grow tent, my two freezers and a fridge have worked out nice but I think I need something bigger and better, mainly more room. After I was invited to visit Pute's grow the gears have been turning.
A lot of thought and planning went into my grow. Got a lot of good advice and did extensive research before starting.

Morning, when I went to boot we had m1911's that used 22 long rifles and drew like they were using 45's. Wish I had one to win some bets with. No rifle training but did get some time with a shotgun after I was on board ship.
Bro -- A real good buddy of mine was also a squid. He also told me the only thing he shot in service was a .22 in Boot Camp. That ain't even cheatin' fair. About the only fun thing in Basic is shooting.

Here's a fun one: Gonna be firing .45's prone. The Range Sergeant told us to lie down holding the beautiful pistols pointed downrange with our hands behind the white line. We all did except the melanin-enhanced guy on my right. He put his elbows on the white line.

There was one foot of space between each of the prone shooters' bodies on that line.

Paint the picture in your mind: Look where Mr. Melanin's ears are in relation to the .45 muzzles on either side of him. Yup. Exactly.

"Ready on the right. Ready on the left. Safeties off. FIRE!"

I got a bead and began shooting. The guy on the other side of the forward dude fired. The forward dude froze as consussion after concussion blasted him from both sides. He never fired a single shot. The Range Sergeant took the .45 out of his hand.

Post Script: This was before ear protection was invented for GI's. Not quite as old as this, but you get the idea.
1674921776405.png

Last edited:
THERE HAS BEEN NEW PROGRESS

I found a way to make a hookah-cum-bubbler that wastes ZERIO smoke. First, the test results of using Unca Walt's Hookabubbler with the Volcano (plastic bag) with a bit of weed the size of a pinky fingle nail:

61 visible exhales. <-- Same percentage as the glass tubey with the 2X larger load for 121 exhales. So from efficiency POV, the two methods are even-steven.

Here is a picture I tooken of my rig in this moanin's wee hours. That is metal tape sealing the stainless cylinder from a dead puffy pen dab to the plastic hose. The cork was whittled to fit the cylinder:

1674996583516.jpeg

So now I have cool bubbler smoke instead of glass tubey-thingy hot, and still have ZERIO wasted smoke.

Procedure:

1. Light the weed in the cylinder (that has one of those little round steel screens on the bottom), and draw a hit.

2. Put the cork in the top of the cylinder to prevent any smoke from getting out.

3. Exhale into the Volcano (or plastic) bag.

4. Inhale normally from the world, exhale into the world. Note the smoke.

5. Repeat casual exhales until no longer visible.

6. Inhale from the bag. Exhale into the bag.

7. Inhale normally from the world, exhale into the world (eg: Repeat Step 4. 5. and 6.)

8. Remove cork***, and take a second hit. (Surprising note: It may have stayed lit.)

9. Repeat Steps 1-8 until the little dibby of weed is gone. (about 3 hit/cycles)

***Extra Note: If you get lucky on the whittling of the cork, you will have made a special one-way smoke "valve" (I did by happy accident): You will be able to take a second hit without removing the cork because it will allow passage of air inward due to the pressure disparity when you draw on the top tube, but none of the smoke from a glowing coal will go the other way.

PS Note To Brother Big: 71F, sunshine, still air.

Last edited:

I found a way to make a hookah-cum-bubbler that wastes ZERO smoke. First, the test results of using the hookabubbler with the Volcano (plastic bag) with a bit of weed the size of a pinky fingle nail:

61 visible exhales. <-- Same percentage as the glass tubey 2X load for 121 exhales.

Here is a picture I tooken of my rig in this moanin's wee hours. That is metal tape sealing the cylinder from a dead puffy pen dab thing to the plastic hose. The cork was whittled to fit the cylinder:

View attachment 318556

So now I have cool bubbler smoke instead of glass tubey-thingy hot, and still have ZERIO wasted smoke.

Procedure:

1. Light the weed in the cylinder (that has one of those little round steel screens on the bottom), and draw a hit.

2. Put the cork in the top of the cylinder to prevent any smoke from getting out.

7. Inhale normally from the world, exhale into the world (eg: Repeat Step 4. 5. and 6.)

8. Remove cork***, and take a second hit. (Surprising note: It may have stayed lit.)

9. Repeat Steps 1-8 until the little dibby of weed is gone. (about 3 hit/cycles)

***Extra Note: If you get lucky on the whittling of the cork, you will have made a special one-way smoke "valve" (I did by happy accident): You will be able to take a second hit without removing the cork because it will allow passage of air inward due to the pressure disparity when you draw on the top tube, but none of the smoke from a glowing coal will go the other way.

that is awesome Unca!

welcome to the wonderful world of Stoner Inventions!

we are very resourceful when it comes to self medicating with the herb and will just about go to any measure to have a toke

I’ve smoked a ton of hash out of one of these as a teenager

35777B28-D4BC-489E-AC56-5F472DC62D28.jpeg

I found a way to make a hookah-cum-bubbler that wastes ZERIO smoke. First, the test results of using Unca Walt's Hookabubbler with the Volcano (plastic bag) with a bit of weed the size of a pinky fingle nail:

61 visible exhales. <-- Same percentage as the glass tubey with the 2X larger load for 121 exhales. So from efficiency POV, the two methods are even-steven.

Here is a picture I tooken of my rig in this moanin's wee hours. That is metal tape sealing the stainless cylinder from a dead puffy pen dab to the plastic hose. The cork was whittled to fit the cylinder:

View attachment 318556

Procedure:

And don’t forget to record your exhales…
8C1DF9EE-6D2E-4AEF-B7C0-A507339C91E4.jpeg

that is awesome Unca!

welcome to the wonderful world of Stoner Inventions!

we are very resourceful when it comes to self medicating with the herb and will just about go to any measure to have a toke

I’ve smoked a ton of hash out of one of these as a teenager

View attachment 318562
Is that hash? (looks like dead leaves or lawn) Ummm... Izzat a toilet paper roll? [/innocent still]

Latest posts

Back